Anyone seeing any price drops?

dixie54

The cruises I have been watching from Nov. through Feb. have all been going up. And not by a little either. The cruise we are on at the end of Oct has gone up 200.00 per person in the last week. Hope this trend is reversed.

I have been checking on the Voyager out of Galveston for February or March and haven't seen one yet! :(

Hi Dixie,

We are cruising out of Cape Bayonne on January 2nd (2011) and our E1 cabin dropped over $900 on this past Friday from the rate we originally paid our deposit for on July 20something. We alrerted a few on our board to the "residency" and "senior" rates and at least one other received a substantial OBC.

Keep checking - we all like reductions. :)

Honestly, I was confused about whether or not I would even get anything back as there was a thread a few weeks back (RCCL ripped me off for $1100 or the likes) where many posters suggested that for anyone who booked after May xx, 2010, there was only upgrades available if your original cabin dropped but no discount or OBC for the reduction. I'm not sure if I misunderstood the post, or just got a nice guy when I called.

Hi Dixie,

We are cruising out of Cape Bayonne on January 2nd (2011) and our E1 cabin dropped over $900 on this past Friday from the rate we originally paid our deposit for on July 20something. We alrerted a few on our board to the "residency" and "senior" rates and at least one other received a substantial OBC.

Honestly, I was confused about whether or not I would even get anything back as there was a thread a few weeks back (RCCL ripped me off for $1100 or the likes) where many posters suggested that for anyone who booked after May xx, 2010, there was only upgrades available if your original cabin dropped but no discount or OBC for the reduction. I'm not sure if I misunderstood the post, or just got a nice guy when I called.

We're on Explorer end of March in an Inside Cat Q.

Price dropped $157 pp on Jul 9th and then jumped $60 pp on Aug 7th.

Even though you booked after May 2010, your price can be adjusted until your final payment is due.

Hi Dixie,

You're not within penalty period, so you are entitled to any price drop

Be patient everyone. The price fairy is very fickle, and waves her wand with no logic!!

I got price drops just a week ago for a cruise next month (booked before 5/17/10), and one for a cruise in January 2011.

Prices in the 6 month window seem to go up from what I see in my checking. Then, 4 months to 30 days before sailing they tend to go down, sometimes not as much as the price before the previous increase. However, that's when they start to have residency and senior discounts.

I have two cruises booked for 2011 and both have gone up since I booked. I expect them to go way down next year, because they are not the usual 7 night cruises, and may not fill up.

Just keep checking.

I have been checking on the Voyager out of Galveston for February or March and haven't seen one yet! :(

We,re sailing Serenade OT Seas november 7th. Final payment is due Tuesday and this cruise has seemed sold out all along.(we booked in December). Last week many cabins opened up and sure enough we just scored a $100 price drop in the form of a Residency Rate. :)

I booked Voyager for January 2, 2011 back in March. Got 2 drops since then with the last being in May. Then the price went back up.

Since some time in June, I've seen two drops that put it back to where I am now.

I'm holding out for a bit longer as I have until October for final payment and I booked before the new price-drop rules. If nothing happens by mid Sept., I'll shift the reservation to a TA for OBC or pre-paid grats.

We are going on Majesty Jan. 10, 2011. We originally booked an inside cabin. About three weeks ago I noticed a resident rate. Instead of taking the price drop, we upgraded to a outside cabin for $5.00 more. As of today the rate is still available.

Archived