Upgraded from obstructed G to E-L101 - Accept?

metairiegal

We booked a guarantee G obstructed view cabin on the Emerald Princess.

We were upgraded to category E, cabin L101, Lido Deck. This cabin is right below the fitness center and has an observation deck outside of the window. So, at times, there will be people walking right past our window. And, because it is so high up and all the way forward, it will be prone to a lot of motion.

The good thing about it, is that it is on the Lido Deck, close to the pools and food.

Should we accept this upgrade or go back to guarantee category G obstructed view and hope for something better?

We were originally put in this cabin on the same cruise - after being told about the terrible noise from the treadmills in the gym - we moved up a category just to get out of L101. I just didn't want to chance it.

We booked a guarantee G obstructed view cabin on the Emerald Princess.

We were upgraded to category E, cabin L101, Lido Deck. This cabin is right below the fitness center and has an observation deck outside of the window. So, at times, there will be people walking right past our window. And, because it is so high up and all the way forward, it will be prone to a lot of motion.

The good thing about it, is that it is on the Lido Deck, close to the pools and food.

Should we accept this upgrade or go back to guarantee category G obstructed view and hope for something better?

I would take it, you could always get something like E616.:eek:

The view out your window is very nice, the forward observation deck is not crowded with people. It is always locked off at night and frequently while underway. So I personally would not worry about people outside your window (which is mirrored anyway and private).

The noise issue is more of a concern (to me, at least) as it is under the treadmills. If you are up by 7, when they usually get going, it should not be a problem, but if you like to sleep in, then I would definitely move.

That category is waitlisted for your cruise, so if you throw yourself back into the pool, you will get something lower, and perhaps worse. Check with your TA to see if it is possible to downgrade voluntarily from L101 rather than throw yourself back into the pool. E521 is FF and between lifeboats, and still available. So is E306. See if you can be switched into that if the noise or motion is of concern to you. (But also be prepared for them to say that you can only go back into GTY status)

Thanks to everyone for the input! Also found more info about this cabin on other threads. Looks like people either really love this location or absolutely hate it.

Still not sure what to do.:confused: I guess it's better not to take a chance on the noise & motion in L101.

Personally I would probably take it, it only for the "balcony" and great view. Lining up the ship maps it looks like exercise machines will be over the bathroom end of the cabin.

IMO buying a guarantee cabin means any cabin at that category or above will be acceptable.

We found that our TA had the option to move us to another open cabin in the same category as the one that we were assigned - you might ask about that if you think the machines might be too much noise.

Reason why?

As stated its a bigger room, close to the observation area, close to the pools etc.

Normally I would not take a cabin on Lido deck at all but this is far enough forward where you won't have the foot traffic issues.

I don't mind the extra movement. Which when calm won't be alot anyway.

As stated its a bigger room, close to the observation area, close to the pools etc.

Normally I would not take a cabin on Lido deck at all but this is far enough forward where you won't have the foot traffic issues.

I don't mind the extra movement. Which when calm won't be alot anyway.

We have to decide today if we want to accept the upgrade or go back into the pool of obstructed guarantee G cabins.

The reason we might turn it down is because of the noise from the fitness center's treadmills, weights, etc. 10 days is a long time to put up with it if it is really bad.

We have to decide today if we want to accept the upgrade or go back into the pool of obstructed guarantee G cabins.

The reason we might turn it down is because of the noise from the fitness center's treadmills, weights, etc. 10 days is a long time to put up with it if it is really bad.

I agree that is something to think about.

Archived