Official excursions question

Lewis/Klitschko

If you reserve an official excursion and it says you're on the waiting list, what are the chances that you'll actually get on it, and is it better to just pick another one? I'd pick two for one port on the Personalizer, but I don't want to lose my place in line for the one I'd really want to go on if it deletes the first choice.

If you reserve an official excursion and it says you're on the waiting list, what are the chances that you'll actually get on it, and is it better to just pick another one? I'd pick two for one port on the Personalizer, but I don't want to lose my place in line for the one I'd really want to go on if it deletes the first choice.

Don't take it off your personlizer. After on the ship, go to the excursions desk to see if there have been any cancellations and ask where you are on the list. Keep checking until the cut off time for that excursion. If a place becomes available, then you can cancel the other pre-reserved excursion. This same thing happened to us on our Alaska tour. Unfortunately, only one place became available and we needed two...so we did the other excursion we had reserved!

There are two ways you can clear the waitlist. First, if enough people with confirmed reservations cancel. Second, if they add additional section for the excursion.

You can book multiple shore excursions, so it is fine to book your backup. Just be sure to cancel one before the excursions for that port close.

Oh, so if I choose another excursion, it won't remove me from the first choice?

That is correct, you can have reservations for multiple shore excursions, even if the conflict. This is because you could buy one tour for part of your group and another tour for others.

Thanks, I am now set for every port, though there's one waiting list I really hope works out. (Puffin Island Adventure.)
Once you're onboard, the shore excursion tickets will be in your cabin or delivered shortly afterwards. There'll be a schedule of when each port's excursions "close," usually 24 - 48 hours before the ship arrives in port. Also, the Princess Patter will have a notice of what port's excursions close the next day along with the time. If you choose to cancel an excursion, just go down to the Shore Excursion Desk and drop off the tickets in the box in front of the desk before the closing time; you don't have to go or wait until the desk is open. You can also book a new excursion by filling out a form from the rack by the desk and dropping it in the box. There'll also be a copy of all of the excursions in your cabin along with booking forms.

Princess makes it very easy to book or cancel a tour. See you onboard!

Keep your waitlisted one and if you want to cancel just make sure you do it before the cancelation time posted onboard.

No need to cancel your backup excursion while still on the waitlist. If the waitlist clears, they will cancel your backup at no penalty even if after the posted deadline. Just speak with them before the excursion to be sure that they do so.

No need to cancel your backup excursion while still on the waitlist. If the waitlist clears, they will cancel your backup at no penalty even if after the posted deadline. Just speak with them before the excursion to be sure that they do so.

I was talking about canceling a booked excursion.

You may clear both and get stuck with an excursion you can't go on, and be out the $$$.

I was talking about canceling a booked excursion.

You may clear both and get stuck with an excursion you can't go on, and be out the $$$.

When you clear the waitlisted excursion, they can cancel the booked one, even after the deadline. Just speak with the shore excursion personnel so they are aware you have a backup excursion booked.

When you clear the waitlisted excursion, they can cancel the booked one, even after the deadline. Just speak with the shore excursion personnel so they are aware you have a backup excursion booked.

I am talking about him booking another excursion to cover the waitlisted one. If he clears the waitlist and does not cancel the other he will be charged. I would not count on them canceling anything without your OK.

..... Princess makes it very easy to book or cancel a tour....

Yes, from my experience (...though limited :o), Princess Cruises is one of the best companies for its policies & flexibility to reserve or cancel shore excursions.

The price ($) of their shore excursions however, is sometimes quite high... but usually of a great quality - «rien n'est parfait»...:)

I've booked my shore excursions, but the number of spots available did not decrease by one. Is this because they do not count you until you have paid for the cruise in full?

The number will stay the same until the excursion is really close to filling up to the limit of all available spots.

I've booked my shore excursions, but the number of spots available did not decrease by one. Is this because they do not count you until you have paid for the cruise in full?

They will always show 20 spots available unless there are really less than 20 left.

If you do not pay for the cruise by final payment time, your shore excursions will just be cancelled automatically.

Archived