freedom of the seas tips

postmeome

Check out the Royal Caribbean boards...lots of info on RCI in general, and FOS in particular!

Sounds like you have a good cabin location, deckwise and a nice cabin(D's are larger than E's!)

A cruise is simply a vacation...no "right or wrong" way to do it!

REsearch your ports, so you'll know if you need to book pricey excursions....it's not always necessary for many things! But, folks who know no better will spend tons of money on "guides"...if you know a bit about where you're going, you can avoid that!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I was on the Liberty, which is the sister ship to the Freedom, my advice is to book in advance the 2 specialty restaurants Portofino and Chops steakhouse. I always like to book a specialty restaurant the night right before disembarkation. That is the night that there nothing special happening on the ship, everyone is making preparations to go home, packing, settling ship board accounts etc. I also always found that the dining room selections for that night were uninspiring. The other advantage with RCCL is that they charge you upfront for the reservations, so it spreads out the cost of your ship board account and your not hit with that big bill. It is a great ship, enjoy!!!

By the way, the Freedom Of The Seas was my favorite ship out of 16 cruises. :) I really loved that ship.

Ok make sure you try the escargo. It is my favorite thing to eat in teh main dining room. It is an appetizer, but sometimes I just order three orders and that is my entire meal. The snails are cooked in the best garlic/butter that you will ever eat. I soak my bread in it, once I am finished with the escargo. Ya'll are going to have a great time on here. You will get a little daily paper every day of things to do for that particular day. Ya'll make sure to bring a highlighter to highlight the things you want to do. I carry that with me every day and check to see what I have highlighted so I don't miss it. I am talking about things such as art shows, ice carvings, shows, trivia, shopping excursion talks, bingo, belly flop contest, newlywed/not so newlywed game show (don't miss this because it is hilarious). These are just a few of the things to do, but there are lots more. Oh and one thing not to miss is the Quest ! OMG it's late at night, but believe me, it's worth staying up for.(get there early). Any other questions you have, just ask and someone on here will try and help.

suggest you go to the royal caribbean thread and look for freedom of the seas posts; also sign up for meet and mingle; there u will get some good info. if you have a dvr; samantha brown from the travel channel has a video out on freedom of the seas; you can get a lot of info from that video. see if its playing in your area and set your dvr to record it.

cheers.

Archived