Civitavecchia 12 Nov Disembarkation - what time do you get off the ship?

Devon Bloke

This depends on Cruise Line and arrival time on the itinerary and if there are any issues arriving on time, getting the ship cleared and luggage off the ship. If you are trying to make airline reservations, it's good to check with the cruise line to determine earliest time they recommend.

Keith

It also depends on the method you use to get off the ship. For example, we used self-disembarkation (we carried off our own luggage) a few weeks ago. The ship was scheduled to dock at 7:00 but it was a little after that when we got off. I walked over to the taxis and with no problem got one to take us to Rome. We were actually in Rome by 8:00 and at our hotel by 8:15. If I was doing it over I would have used prearranged transports as I don't know if you can always get a taxi plus I think the prearranged is a little cheaper.

Kirk

Thanks for your responses. We've decided that we'll take a limo into Rome (to hell with the expense!). Cunard were less than informative about disembarkation times when I called them. Managed to find a really useful web site called "cruisett.com" which had a complete schedules for every ship's ports of call and docking times. Also found it useful to see what other ships were at our various ports of call as well as the Queen Victoria. Thanks once again for your replies.

Archived