watch out bed on the floor 08/16/2010

Yea but who wants to spend their cruise complaining? And how many times a day- 3? 1? 8? This is poor customer service. You should be able to take your complaint to the desk and have it resolved. And if you aren't happy with their suggestion, you should be able to do something about it then and there- not after repeatedly returning to complain. That is ridiculous!

I agree 100% with your comments. It is ridiculous.

We didn't get into our cabin until 3:00-3:30 in the morning and had decided we were going to fly home from the Bahamas. We had been to Guest Relations at least 6 times that first day/night/early morning, and several times the next day (we actually missed most of our time in the Bahamas because we were still trying to resolve the issues with our cabin).

When we got back, we immediately called Miami Guest Relations, and the above is what Adam (Supervisor, GR) told us---that if we were truly unhappy, we should have kept letting GR know, and that as soon as we stopped complaining, they considered the issue to be resolved.

What does it matter that it is her first post? The question was asked as to why the person would care and they responded. That is her right on these blogs and no one should be put down for their opinion.

She is absolutely right. I would be ticked off if I paid that much money and had a bed on the floor.

Some of you CC members are really starting to get on everyone's nerves with your lack of respect for others comments. Why don't you stick to responding to the question or commenting on someone's story rather then putting other people down.

I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone....but...people DO get on Carnival threads a LOT, it will be there FIRST post, and they will bash Carnival....say it is horrible....and give no reasons....THAT is why i posted what I did!

I find it odd that someone would defend Carnival making a cruiser sleep on the floor:rolleyes::rolleyes:

My comment was NOT directed at the OP! Geez....on my cruise in Feb a friend of mine slept on a mattress with a frame....she has already commented on this thread that it worked fine for HER....

the OP should have insisted on having the issue resolved...

What does it matter that it is her first post? The question was asked as to why the person would care and they responded. That is her right on these blogs and no one should be put down for their opinion.

She is absolutely right. I would be ticked off if I paid that much money and had a bed on the floor.

Some of you CC members are really starting to get on everyone's nerves with your lack of respect for others comments. Why don't you stick to responding to the question or commenting on someone's story rather then putting other people down.

It does tend to make others that haven't cruised before a little more hesitant about posting and/or asking questions. I've been here for quite a while, but as you notice I don't post on every post either. I think that some fellow posters tend to think that by living online and posting everyday, it gives them the right to criticize others, new to the boards or not. I'll happily give them a "snarky" response back though and keep it moving. And I love the way this :rolleyes: follows the snarky responses...as if to say I'm a butt, but you know. That does get old and I hope that those people get it, but I doubt that somewhat.

We had that on on the Elation.

Our room was listed as a rollaway room

The first two pics below are from the Triumph, but it was the same setup.

The 3rd is it put together.

The put down the large frame, then the small one across the end.

It started out somewhat beside the other bed,

but we moved it to go across the end of our bed to give

us more floor space.

It didn't bother us at all.

The only "problem" if you could call it that, was getting out of bed from

the far side. I crawled over my wife once or twice.

My son said how much he liked the bed, so I tried it out and wished my

bed was as comfortable. I loved it and wished I could have slept there.

(btw, my son is not little, he is taller and bigger than me.)

STA71086.jpg

STA71087.jpg

18.jpg

:eek::eek::eek: THATS LOOK CHEAP....WHATS NEXT???MATRASS OUTSIDE YOUR ROOM???

To the OP (some of this is obviously too late to help, but some might still help; for others, it's good to keep this in mind):

The lessons we learned about Guest Relations (from Guest Relations in Miami):

1. When you lodge a complaint with Guest Relations on the ship, they log the complaint in the computer.

***Ask to read what they wrote in the complaint to verify the accuracy of your concerns. (Example: With our problem of vomit in our cabin that hadn't been properly cleaned from the prior cruisers, the first Guest Relations person minimized the complaint in her report---because of this, it took 14 hours to begin to resolve the problem). Do not leave until they print you a copy of the complaint they entered.

2. Per Adam (Supervisor, Guest Relations, Miami): If a passenger isn't satisfied with the "resolution," they must continuously report their dissatisfaction to Guest Relations while on board.

***Adam told us that because we didn't go to Guest Relations repeatedly throughout our cruise, CCL assumes that the passenger is satisfied with whatever "resolution" was provided. (Example: I asked what good would that have done--we were told nothing could be done, we went on with our vacation. He said that because we didn't keep pursuing the issue, he couldn't believe that it was a significant problem).

3. You will have to go thru Adam, so don't give up or give in--ask to speak to his supervisor, Shelley Wilcox.

***All I can say is that she is absolutely AMAZING. Unlike the first Guest Relations person in Miami, and most definitely unlike Adam, Shelley took the time to listen and she took the entire context of the problem into consideration. She didn't just follow a script.. It took a few days, but she offered us very reasonable compensation, and she gave us her personal phone number. She went way above the call of duty for us, IMO.

You might want to get in touch with Shelley.

Thanks for taking the time to post this for everyone and it sure has the potential to be helpful if there is something wrong. We have been pretty lucky about cabins and we are not the type that would complain more than once to Guest services. Thanks for letting us know the "squeaky wheels get the oil" on a cruise ship too.

I agree. What difference does it make? Unless you have mobility problems and have trouble getting up and down..

:confused::confused::confused: They paid $$$.. I wouldn't want to have a mattress on the floor unless I put it there..

This is your FIRST post on CC, and this is how you start???

:confused::confused::confused: First or 1,000th post, what does it matter? They paid $$$ and had a mattress put on the floor...???

Carnival Fascination: when I arrived at my cabin I had a bed on the floor. We had 2 twin beds pushed together and a mattress on the floor. I complained but it did no good. They were suppose to bring me a roll-away bed but they were out of them due to the cruise being sold out and they said they had alot of handicap people on board. I am a past guest and have always been happy with Carnival. Carnival has went too far with their cut backs. Carnival is suppose to be a fun ship, it wasn't too much fun sleeping on the floor.

I think it is like a hotel....they only have a certain number of rollaways...if you were unhappy you should have insisted that they do something....sorry you weren't satisfied with what they gave you...

:confused::confused::confused: First or 1,000th post, what does it matter? They paid $$$ and had a mattress put on the floor...???

For the umpteenth time, i was NOT talking to the OP....but someone who, on their first post, came on and said that Carnival was turning cheap tricks...with NO explanation....have you READ the entire thread?? I had nothing bad to say about the person who didn't like the mattress....if they weren't satisfied, they should have insisted on someone making it right....the ship can't help, however, if all the rollaways were already taken....

OP, I sympathize with you. I would not want a bed on the floor, to either get up and down off of, or in the way of others. I cruise with all girls and always get the top bunk, but no way would I want a bed on the floor. I will be sure I have a room with the appropriate beds before I book. Thanks for the heads up.

For the umpteenth time, i was NOT talking to the OP....but someone who, on their first post, came on and said that Carnival was turning cheap tricks...with NO explanation....have you READ the entire thread?? I had nothing bad to say about the person who didn't like the mattress....if they weren't satisfied, they should have insisted on someone making it right....the ship can't help, however, if all the rollaways were already taken....

Regardless of to whom your post was for - the argument here IS that whether the poster has been online lurking and finally decides to post or one that just posts to be a whiner (which I HAVE seen), the need to respond and/or make a reference to it being his/her first post was irrelevant. You may also be getting the negative feedback that you are, because those that have seen this time and time again are fed up and want to ask YOU, specifically why do you need to even go there if your post had nothing to do with the original OP's issue?? JMHO...

It's pretty much a karma issue...no need to get riled up.

Regardless of to whom your post was for - the argument here IS that whether the poster has been online lurking and finally decides to post or one that just posts to be a whiner (which I HAVE seen), the need to respond and/or make a reference to it being his/her first post was irrelevant. You may also be getting the negative feedback that you are, because those that have seen this time and time again are fed up and want to ask YOU, specifically why do you need to even go there if your post had nothing to do with the original OP's issue?? JMHO...

It's pretty much a karma issue...no need to get riled up.

I assure you, I'm NOT riled up...:D

and I DO apologize for any misunderstanding of what i posted....

I would LOVE for the person who said Carnival is turning cheap tricks to come back and give some more info on why he/she thinks that....

I assure you, I'm NOT riled up...:D

and I DO apologize for any misunderstanding of what i posted....

I would LOVE for the person who said Carnival is turning cheap tricks to come back and give some more info on why he/she thinks that....

I know that people come from other cruiselines and bash Carnival as being this/that, however I feel that the OP had a legitimate gripe. The newbie poster also had a legitimate response. The "cheap trick" comment was unnecessary and I think the poster who said it also knows, but I doubt that they care. People tend to just say whatever without thinking how it sounds and in real life, I'm sure they'd at least be somewhat considerate, but these days you never know.

I'm glad you aren't riled up...life's too short! :)

Well said ! Seem , they are looking to create some unnecessary drama and humility towards posters...

I know I wouldn't be happy sleeping on the floor on a mattress after paying x amount of dollars for my cruise. Especially our Christmas cruise !:eek:

Charleyann

Carnival Fascination: when I arrived at my cabin I had a bed on the floor. We had 2 twin beds pushed together and a mattress on the floor. I complained but it did no good. They were suppose to bring me a roll-away bed but they were out of them due to the cruise being sold out and they said they had alot of handicap people on board. I am a past guest and have always been happy with Carnival. Carnival has went too far with their cut backs. Carnival is suppose to be a fun ship, it wasn't too much fun sleeping on the floor.

I know this will get deleted, but Thank Cahill. Seems lots of bizarre stuff is being cut since he took over.

It's not new. We got 'The pad on the floor" trick in 2001. We put the 3rd girl under the vanity on her pad and she fit nicely. She just couldn't sit up quickly. We were all new to cruising then and, although we questioned it among ourselves, we didn't complain.

No way would I accept a mattress on the floor as being appropriate, and I guess I am astounded that could happen without a full refund of the fare. OP doesn't say whether they were compensated in any way. I sure hope they were.

While I agree that some type of compensation should be given, I wouldn't go as far as to say she deserves a full refund.

She was still able to experience the dining and everything else the ship had to offer, and she was still able to experience the various ports of call.

This might fall into CCL's "inconvenience" category (As in, "We are sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused you.....").

While I agree that some type of compensation should be given, I wouldn't go as far as to say she deserves a full refund.

I agree, assuming she completed the cruise. In that case a small OBC should have been offered.

This would be a perfect reason to invoke the Carnival Vacation Guarantee, however, and debark at the first foreign stop for a full refund and transportation back to the port of embarkation paid for by Carnival.

Like I said, had she invoked the guarantee I bet an open bed (probably in a vacant cabin) would have "magically" materialized.

Last 2 times i reserved on Fantasy class ships, i wanted an interior room on veranda deck.

I reserved for 3 and there was a warning in red "

3708 : This stateroom includes a trundle bed.(73"x29")

I would NOT be happy with a pad on the floor. If it had some kind of frame, yeah, maybe I could get one of the kids to sleep on it.

I made sure when I booked that it had 2 twins, a pull down and a sofabed. I don't know how OP booked, but if they were supposed to have certain arrangements and didn't, then that stinks.

I understand the people that said "no big deal" but it would be to me. I think it's pretty chintzy for Carnival to do that one. I know I would have been upset - the other options are bad enough but a mattress on the floor - thanks but no thanks.

Whoever told you that you would be getting a roll away should have ALSO informed you that you MAY end up with a trundle bed. During high season, "summer" a lot of families book triple and quad cabins and not all cabins are supplied with pullmans to fit 3/4 passengers. So the roll aways are brought out and then the trundles. I'm sorry you had to deal with this.

Was this a Guarantee booking? For 3 Pax?

Otherwise, when you booked why didn't you select 2 Twins and 1 Upper?

Being Fantasy class, I'm sure the cabin is listed as accomodating a Roll Away Bed (RAB) - I'm not sure I'd equate the bed you describe as a RollAway or equivalent. I'd also say if the room is listed as accomodating a RAB it's the ship's responsibility to assure one. I'd be writing a concise letter to Carnival's Home Office suggesting that you don't feel that you received quite what was advertised and quite what you booked and that a floor height bed was awkward and not what you expected/wanted.

The worst you'll get is a "sorry you're disappointed..." letter and the best you'll get is probably some OBC on a future cruise.

ken

Archived