watch out bed on the floor 08/16/2010

Carnival Fascination: when I arrived at my cabin I had a bed on the floor. We had 2 twin beds pushed together and a mattress on the floor. I complained but it did no good. They were suppose to bring me a roll-away bed but they were out of them due to the cruise being sold out and they said they had alot of handicap people on board. I am a past guest and have always been happy with Carnival. Carnival has went too far with their cut backs. Carnival is suppose to be a fun ship, it wasn't too much fun sleeping on the floor.

As a past guest, you know you get a full refund under their guarantee....so you were not happy and exercised your right to a full refund, right? Not sure where the handicap people fit in this picture???

It wasn't a "fun ship" but we won a free cruise 3 day on the Imperial Majesty, a very old ship. We asked if we could bring our 16 year old daughter and they said no problem, they would put a roll away in our room. The tiny cabin had a double bed for us and a night table and there was no room for anything else. We had to unfold the roll-a-way once the cabin door and the bathroom door was closed and it barely fit to unfold. We still laugh about after drinking, we had to wake her up many times to fold up the bed so we could open the bathroom door that barely had room to open without the roll-a-way. We laughed more about that cruise and keeping her up all night folding in unfolding her bed.:p

I guess you make you own fun:D

They should at least tell you that before you book the room. It would be different if it was for a child but 3 grown adults. This was my 5th cruise with Carnival and I always book a room with my 2 married friends and I always had a bed.

Wow. Your friends are nicer than we are. That wouldn't fly with my husband.:o Of course, if my husband decided to snore that week, you wouldn't like it either.

That is the smallest mattress I've ever seen.

I was thinkin the same thing!! :p

That being said...we had one of those floor cot thingies on our first cruise. There were four of us in the room for a 3 day cruise and I had top bunk. My DBF had the floor (this was before he was my DBF). He had no problem with it and it was put away every day by our steward. Didnt even have to ask him to do so.

OP, did you get any pictures of your sleeping arrangements? If so, I would send pics to corporate and explain how you did not think this was satisfactory and personnel on the ship would do nothing to rectify your situation. Maybe you could hint at getting some sort of compensation for your discomfort.

Carnival Fascination: when I arrived at my cabin I had a bed on the floor. We had 2 twin beds pushed together and a mattress on the floor. I complained but it did no good. They were suppose to bring me a roll-away bed but they were out of them due to the cruise being sold out and they said they had alot of handicap people on board. I am a past guest and have always been happy with Carnival. Carnival has went too far with their cut backs. Carnival is suppose to be a fun ship, it wasn't too much fun sleeping on the floor.

Could you share your cabin number? Then perhaps someone can figure out what you should have expected and what you got. Did you get a picture of it? How much did the third person pay, you might get some or most of that refunded if your invoice and documentation don't match what your received. If the third person sailed for almost nothing, I'm not sure since you did not leave the ship at the first port that they will do anything for you; they do have the satisfaction guarantee.

It had a frame, right? I slept on one of those once, but it was on a frame about 2 inches from the floor. I didn't mind because I'd paid a very tiny price for the ticket to be a 4th pax. It wasn't as comfy as the "Carnival Comfort Select" beds, but it was a small price to pay for a very cheap but fun time. Sorry to hear it affected your cruise. :o

Hillie, i thought about you when i saw this thread and thought that that is what YOU had slept on!:D

This is your 15,364rth post and this is how you post? You take up for carnival making paying customer sleep on the floor. I've now heard the worst carnival defender ever.:eek:

I am certainly NOT a Carnival defender!!:rolleyes: I just find it odd to see someone whose very first post is bashing Carnival....:rolleyes:

sorry that happened.. but i agree, as long as i was cruising on not on the bare floor. i would prefer the mattress. but do understand, they, like hotels, only have so many rollaways and if you get more asking for them, someone is going to lose out. BUT, i do agree if you were told you'd have one, then you should have had it. first come first serve and not book another 3/4 if you don't have any left. i hope you didnt let that ruin your cruise. that would be a shame.

now those pics on the frame isnt what i'd call a mattress on the floor.. doesnt look too bad

I know this will get deleted, but Thank Cahill. Seems lots of bizarre stuff is being cut since he took over.

Do you really think the CEO of a multi-billion dollar corporation determines how many roll away beds are on a ship. :rolleyes:

All this talk makes me scared. I have one of those cabins for B2B cruise. The Truddle is for my mom. 10 days would suck in a bed like that. I'll have to call Carnival. I'll take a bunk instead unless they guarntee a roll away

This is your FIRST post on CC, and this is how you start???:confused::confused:

What possible difference does this make? Not giving proper respect? What is this OBSESSION with first time posters.

Everyone have to be that once.

And often it is this kind of post which draws a lurker out.

I am certainly NOT a Carnival defender!!:rolleyes: I just find it odd to see someone whose very first post is bashing Carnival....:rolleyes:

Bashing? Really? that isn't what I got out of it. She was unhappy with the situation. Also, so what if someone's first post is expressing displeasure. Many cruisers don't even know about this forum, and when they have a problem want to express it and potential "warn" others.

Bashing? Really? that isn't what I got out of it. She was unhappy with the situation. Also, so what if someone's first post is expressing displeasure. Many cruisers don't even know about this forum, and when they have a problem want to express it and potential "warn" others.

I wasn't talking about the OP....

To the OP (some of this is obviously too late to help, but some might still help; for others, it's good to keep this in mind):

The lessons we learned about Guest Relations (from Guest Relations in Miami):

1. When you lodge a complaint with Guest Relations on the ship, they log the complaint in the computer.

***Ask to read what they wrote in the complaint to verify the accuracy of your concerns. (Example: With our problem of vomit in our cabin that hadn't been properly cleaned from the prior cruisers, the first Guest Relations person minimized the complaint in her report---because of this, it took 14 hours to begin to resolve the problem). Do not leave until they print you a copy of the complaint they entered.

2. Per Adam (Supervisor, Guest Relations, Miami): If a passenger isn't satisfied with the "resolution," they must continuously report their dissatisfaction to Guest Relations while on board.

***Adam told us that because we didn't go to Guest Relations repeatedly throughout our cruise, CCL assumes that the passenger is satisfied with whatever "resolution" was provided. (Example: I asked what good would that have done--we were told nothing could be done, we went on with our vacation. He said that because we didn't keep pursuing the issue, he couldn't believe that it was a significant problem).

3. You will have to go thru Adam, so don't give up or give in--ask to speak to his supervisor, Shelley Wilcox.

***All I can say is that she is absolutely AMAZING. Unlike the first Guest Relations person in Miami, and most definitely unlike Adam, Shelley took the time to listen and she took the entire context of the problem into consideration. She didn't just follow a script.. It took a few days, but she offered us very reasonable compensation, and she gave us her personal phone number. She went way above the call of duty for us, IMO.

You might want to get in touch with Shelley.

This is your FIRST post on CC, and this is how you start???:confused::confused:

What does it matter that it is her first post? The question was asked as to why the person would care and they responded. That is her right on these blogs and no one should be put down for their opinion.

She is absolutely right. I would be ticked off if I paid that much money and had a bed on the floor.

Some of you CC members are really starting to get on everyone's nerves with your lack of respect for others comments. Why don't you stick to responding to the question or commenting on someone's story rather then putting other people down.

Yea but who wants to spend their cruise complaining? And how many times a day- 3? 1? 8? This is poor customer service. You should be able to take your complaint to the desk and have it resolved. And if you aren't happy with their suggestion, you should be able to do something about it then and there- not after repeatedly returning to complain. That is ridiculous!

As a past guest, you know you get a full refund under their guarantee....so you were not happy and exercised your right to a full refund, right?

This is hands down the most ridiculous response I read on this board when someone complains about something on a cruise.

Followed closely by "A bad day on a cruise ship is better than a good day at work".

Sorry, a bad day is a bad day. No matter where you are.

Archived