watch out bed on the floor 08/16/2010

OP, just ignore the comments from the Carnival Cheerleaders who always seem to turn it around and say its your fault for not getting off the ship or going high enough up the chain.

Its Carnivals fault, not yours. A passenger shouldn't have to "go up the Chain" or get off at the first port. I would have been ticked off big time too if it happened to me. Thanks for the warning. It never dawned on me that there was a possibility to get a trundle bed. Thanks to your experience, I now know to make sure we get a cabin that has pull downs.

IA passenger shouldn't have to... get off at the first port.

I disagree. If they're not providing the service you expect, this is PRECISELY what you should do. That's what the guarantee is for. Invoking the guarantee is the best leverage a passenger has to get what they want.

I disagree. If they're not providing the service you expect, this is PRECISELY what you should do. That's what the guarantee is for. Invoking the guarantee is the best leverage a passenger has to get what they want.

I understand the guarantee. My point is that something going wrong shouldnt get to the point that a passenger has to get off the ship. It should be resolved by the person hired to resolve it. If it has to go up the ladder or a person has to threaten to invoke the guarnatee, then there is something wrong with the resolution process or wrong with the people who should have resolved it when it was first brought to their attention.

and if they can't provide exactly what a person wants? get off at the first port and watch the rest of your party sail away? demand that the rest of your party get off too and ruin their vacations? I don't see using the guarantee as a reasonable option in this situation.

and if they can't provide exactly what a person wants? get off at the first port and watch the rest of your party sail away? demand that the rest of your party get off too and ruin their vacations? I don't see using the guarantee as a reasonable option in this situation.

I understand the guarantee. My point is that something going wrong shouldnt get to the point that a passenger has to get off the ship. It should be resolved by the person hired to resolve it. If it has to go up the ladder or a person has to threaten to invoke the guarnatee, then there is something wrong with the resolution process or wrong with the people who should have resolved it when it was first brought to their attention.

I agree it shouldn't have gotten to that point (and I haven't actually defended Carnival in this case), but the option is there. Personally, I would have played that card the moment I saw a mattress on the floor.

I wouldn't make the rest of my group debark if they didn't want to. I'm perfectly capable of having fun by myself for a few days. :D

Chances are it wouldn't get that far. As I said, one of the few vacant cabins would have been offered instead.

I think Carnival does a great job providing comprehensive deck plans with stateroom accomodations with a legend for all their rooms, all their ships.

Ordinarily I would agree, but I had forgotten about the time my daughter had to sleep on the floor. Perhaps you could bring up some Fantasy Class deck plans and describe for me the symbol for "Thin, Small Pad on Floor - Not a Mattress, Not a Trundle".

It had a frame, right? I slept on one of those once, but it was on a frame about 2 inches from the floor. I didn't mind because I'd paid a very tiny price for the ticket to be a 4th pax. It wasn't as comfy as the "Carnival Comfort Select" beds, but it was a small price to pay for a very cheap but fun time. Sorry to hear it affected your cruise. :o

I would of ask the cabin stewart to move them during the day and, put them back when he turned back the bed. If you would have gave him a tip up front I'm sure he would have helped you.

I can believe that they might run out of roll away beds, especially during the busy season of summer so I don't think that to keep complaining to Guest Relations would've magically produced a roll away. For 3 in a room I would have made sure to book 2 beds and and upper. Whether you have a roll away or mattress on the floor they both take up more space. I realize the mattress on floor was more of an inconvenience but it is still a mattress and hopefully was on one of the raised box springs seen in the picture of a previous post. I don't think there was much more Carnival could have or should have done other than maybe offer some OBC for the inconvenience.

This would be a perfect reason to invoke the Carnival Vacation Guarantee, however, and debark at the first foreign stop for a full refund and transportation back to the port of embarkation paid for by Carnival.

Just to clarify - the Vacation Guarantee is a pro-rated refund only for the unused nites, and you'll have to buy your return airfare and turn-in receipt for reimbursement, and "eat" any taxifare and meals. ken

Just to clarify - the Vacation Guarantee is a pro-rated refund only for the unused nites, and you'll have to buy your return airfare and turn-in receipt for reimbursement, and "eat" any taxifare and meals. ken

True, when I said "full" I should have said "prorated". As for hotels, I'd rather pay to stay at a hotel in Miami than sleep on the floor.

I'd think a mattress on the floor to be unsanitary?

Your bed linens are inches from the who-knows-what that's been tracked out of the bathroom/hallway/bottom of your shoes onto that floor, then the linens spill over onto the floor absorbing whatever, then you roll over in bed dragging the soiled linen onto your pillow. . . . you get the idea.

Gross and unsanitary. There is a reason we sleep elevated off the floor, especially in a public place like a hotel/stateroom.

I know quite a few people (me included) that are just too nice to make a big stink about things, sometimes it's not in your nature. Unfortunately, it's sometimes necessary to keep pressing the issue to get a resolve.

there was no space to walk in the room. We had to step over the mattress and if someone was lying there, then you had to watch you did hit them.

The same amount of floor space would be taken by a cot. It was only altitude that was sacrificed. :confused:

So I am to understand for your FIRST post you are not allowed to express an opinion or be negative in anyway?

When I made my FIRST post I was not giving pom-poms to cheer with

please read through the entire thread...i DID apologize for what i said...and once again, i'm NOT a cheerleader for Carnival...:rolleyes:

I think Carnival does a great job providing comprehensive deck plans with stateroom accomodations with a legend for all their rooms, all their ships.

the only "hole" is that they don't address the RAB/Trundle bed capability of some cabins on the Fantasy Class ships. Even in the StateRoom Descriptions available to Booking Agents, the added bed is described as Roll Away Bed (RAB) and I don't believe Trundle Bed or Mattresses on the floor are described al possibilities. ken

Carnival Fascination: when I arrived at my cabin I had a bed on the floor. We had 2 twin beds pushed together and a mattress on the floor. I complained but it did no good. They were suppose to bring me a roll-away bed but they were out of them due to the cruise being sold out and they said they had alot of handicap people on board. I am a past guest and have always been happy with Carnival. Carnival has went too far with their cut backs. Carnival is suppose to be a fun ship, it wasn't too much fun sleeping on the floor.

Did you book guarantee where they pick your cabin? That would be the reason why. When I have more than 2 people in a cabin, I pick my room. It costs more but I wanna know where I'm at, what is near me (noise), how far from elevators-lido etc) and bed configuration. If you booked a cabin that was marked for 3 or 4, there should have been at least a sofa sleeper for the 3rd guest. New cruisers be aware of this. All Carnival guarantees is everyone will have a bed. They don't guarantee if it will be sofa sleeper, trundle, overhead bunk, or roll away.

I'd think a mattress on the floor to be unsanitary?

Your bed linens are inches from the who-knows-what that's been tracked out of the bathroom/hallway/bottom of your shoes onto that floor, then the linens spill over onto the floor absorbing whatever, then you roll over in bed dragging the soiled linen onto your pillow. . . . you get the idea.

Gross and unsanitary. There is a reason we sleep elevated off the floor, especially in a public place like a hotel/stateroom.

If you have ever walked barefoot from the bed to the bathroom and back to bed in a hotel room (or a cabin on a cruise ship), all of that gross and unsanitary "whatever" was in your bed. :eek: You slept in soiled linens and "who-knows-what" that's been tracked in/around the hotel room. :eek:

Not making light of the situation. I guess Howie Mandel (sp?) is a germophobe, and I saw on TV where he won't stay in a hotel without putting down towels to walk on. :rolleyes:

So.....Sailingrespiratorytherapist....we've speculated this to death!

Was the third person an adult or youngster?

Did you book this as a "Guarantee" Booking?

Why didn't you book this as Two Twins and an Upper or two twins and a sofa bed?

Did your booking confirmation include any warning/identification as to the type of 3rd bed?

Did you ultimately ask Carnival for some compensation or did Carnival offer you any compensation?

thanks,

Ken

We were given a mattress on the floor once when we had 4 people in a triple (with one upper). It was for our child, and I didn't even question it. I guess now I realize how that might be problematic - but at the time, it worked out fine for us.

If you have ever walked barefoot from the bed to the bathroom and back to bed in a hotel room (or a cabin on a cruise ship), all of that gross and unsanitary "whatever" was in your bed. :eek: You slept in soiled linens and "who-knows-what" that's been tracked in/around the hotel room. :eek:

Not making light of the situation. I guess Howie Mandel (sp?) is a germophobe, and I saw on TV where he won't stay in a hotel without putting down towels to walk on. :rolleyes:

I've actually done this. I refuse to walk barefoot in hotel rooms or on cruise ships. I keep my flip flops by the bed and I don't take one step without them. I would refuse a mattress on the floor. Filthy.

So.....Sailingrespiratorytherapist....we've speculated this to death!

Was the third person an adult or youngster?

Did you book this as a "Guarantee" Booking?

Why didn't you book this as Two Twins and an Upper or two twins and a sofa bed?

Did your booking confirmation include any warning/identification as to the type of 3rd bed?

Did you ultimately ask Carnival for some compensation or did Carnival offer you any compensation?

thanks,

Ken

Wish the OP would come back???:o

Archived