watch out bed on the floor 08/16/2010

The rollaway we had on Victory was almost as high a the regular bed. I booked a room for Jan. w/ a Truddle, but I think it'll be okay with frame under it. I has to be better than the pull out sofa on the NCL Sky.

I think that Carnival should make you aware of what you are booking. Then you can make the decision then finding out when u get on the ship. JMO

:( Again....she was "aware" of what she was booking

they ran out of "frames" and her mattress was on the floor

basic reading comprehension

many of the "answers" here have nothing to do with the situation

now that you realize what the "problem" was, anyone have any helpful responses?? thanks

You do sound like a real trouper. I know of some people that if they ended up on the floor would be on the floor until someone came by to help them up.

On my last cruise' date=' I was on the floor of my

cabin. :eek: It was a 1-A and had a twin bed frame with a mattress on top. The second night, I guess I was turning and tossing a lot and, each time I would do that, the mattress (which was apparently not secured to the bed) would scoot an inch or two without my knowing it. At about 4 a.m. it had scooted enough to get overbalanced and I found myself dumped on the floor in a space about 18 inches wide between the bed frame and the wall of the cabin. Then the mattress came crashing down on top of me. It took me about 20 minutes to finally work my way out from under the mattress in the dark and get up and put the bed back together again. After that, for the rest of the week, every time I would roll over, I would reach and make sure the mattress hadn't moved.

It never occurred to me to scream and complain and whine to anyone about it or demand OBC or future-cruise credit or to be let off at the next stop. Stuff happens and even when I was trying to get out from under the mattress in the pitch dark, I was laughing at the absurdity of it all.

It was such a bizarre situation that about half the people in my group that heard about it would, once they quit roaring with laughter, accused me of making the whole thing up. It became referred to as The Attack of the Killer Mattress. :D

Despite that mishap and a few bruises resulting from it, I still had an excellent cruise and a great time.:)[/quote']

Quote:

Originally Posted by wiskt viewpost.gif

Actually, those photos look absolutely acceptable to me. All three were mattresses with a support frame. "CHEAP" is what is in the persons mind when boooking more than 2 people in a room to save money from booking a separate room.

The 3-4th person cost is not the FULL share price so if sacrifices are needed oh well. How much time is actually spent in the room anyway?

Now if this was just a "mattress only" on the floor I could see issues, but at least it is still a bed...... just saying

Again....read the whole thread....the pictures were NOT of the "mattress on the floor">> the pics are of a normal rollaway , what the OP was promised and didn't get <sigh>

respectfully, I did read the entire thread. Please read my whole reply and to whom I was replying.

I was just noting that what someone posted in the pictures I thought would be acceptable.... and agree that if it was "just a mattress" on the floor" I could see issues. For all I know the OP could have been talking about the same thing as what someone else posted in the photo simply because it was "on the floor" regardless of the frame.

If this was indeed just a mattress only on the floor then I agree with another poster that continuous complaints to the front dest and the Housekeeping management while on the ship should have been made until something was resolved. It is VERY important to follow through while still on the ship because once you step off that ship, you will get no where.

I once had an issue with an onboard credit that was supposed to appear and the front desk was not getting anywhere. When we reached a port I contacted my PVP directly and raised the issue while I was still on my trip and that night there was an appology letter in my room that the issue was resolved and the credit will appear on my statement. It appeared to be a last minute OBC that just had not made its way to the ship records. So having my PVP do the legwork since they knew about it got it resolved efficiently.

With Carnival making a big deal about the "Comfort Beds" on their ships, I sure hope these "on the floor issues" are resolved.

You do sound like a real trouper. I know of some people that if they ended up on the floor would be on the floor until someone came by to help them up.

I never thought of that! I should have played the "Old Geezer on the Floor" card. "Help, I've fallen and I can't get up... bring gin martinis!"

:( Again....she was "aware" of what she was booking

they ran out of "frames" and her mattress was on the floor

basic reading comprehension

many of the "answers" here have nothing to do with the situation

now that you realize what the "problem" was, anyone have any helpful responses?? thanks

I think what happened was its summer, and they had so many kids 3rd/4th/5th pax booked, they ran out of frames. They booked one too many extra pax. If they had had a extra frame on the ship ...Im sure they would have given it to the OP.

I dont think the problem was resolvable onboard. The OP needs to write a letter to Carnival instead of posting to us.

PS I was agreeing ... all these stories about other situations arent helpfull.

Crzcrazy: Thanks for your story. Since deck plans are available for viewing, one assumes that what you see is correct. I love how even the Carnival staff on board didn't know the real situation with that room!

OP - if you did indeed book a room with a pullman and didn't get one then I too would be upset about having to have either a roll away or bed on the floor only because that's not what I booked. Having a bed on the floor in itself doesn't bother me though, especially if it was on a frame.

Also enjoyed the story about the room with the pole, sorry don't remember poster's name. I now know not book a sideways room!

Yeah...a "bed on a frame" would not bother you...and would not have bothered the OP....BUT they did NOT get a bed on frame

IF one reads the actual posts by the OP, you can see they did NOT have a frame....did NOT have a frame...they had a MATTRESS ON THE FLOOR

Should I say it again....THEIR MATTRESS WAS ON THE FLOOR

What others had/have/will have/might have really doesn't matter

Just as when people ask a specific question on here, others chime in with tales of different ships, different cruiselines, their favorite cruise they took on Sitmar when they were a kid or whatever LOL

It really becomes laughable

~~~~~ Firefly....thanks for a reasonable post and I appreciate your speculation...

just hard to think that Carnival could and would run out of frames ??

Here is MY guess about all of this (opinion, not fact)>>

OP said that they were told there were a "large number of disabled on board">> MY guess is that people who booked "bunk" cabins got in there first and didn't like them

and they whined...."Aunt Mary can't climb up there"

or "Timmy is only 9 years old and he is afraid he will fall"

so..helpful room stewards put rollaways with frames IN BUNK BED ROOMS

TO APPEASE THE GUESTS....(MAYBE TIPS HELPED...THO PROBABLY JOHN DEERE TIPS DID NOT HELP HAHA)

Then people who booked a room with rollaway were stuck on the floor

IMHO >>> they should ;/could have complained while on board

I do think that when people book a bunk room they should have to use the bunks rather than take away a booked rollaway

Moral of the story MIGHT be to get on board early (I always do) and IF you have a rollaway make sure you have the complete rollaway as soon as you can and hang onto it, let the room steward know you are NOT giving it up

Maybe Carnival needs to have a few extras on hand too??? I bet there are people who complain about the bunks they booked and try to switch to a rollaway

I know that one cruise I was on there were 4 women in a cabin with bunk beds and they all said "never again", and they did seem to have some squabbles about "whose turn is it to sleep on the top bunk" etc

I just wanted to add something about the sideways room. I never thought about it until now but the inside rooms we had on the Fantasy and are going to have on the Fascination are sideways. We had U81 and U85 last time and are in the same location just the "even" side this coming trip. Those rooms are fine. Since they are all in a row it didn't stand out to me as sideways like E124 or E127.

Everyone is missing the point. The point being Carnival DID NOT TELL US the bed would be on the floor. There was three adults 2-55 yr olds & 1- 50 yr old. We booked early saver. It was room M129. The person who slept on the matress on the floor has been sick since getting off the ship. The mattress did not go under the bed so it was out all the time. Germs, bedbugs, etc.

Everyone is missing the point. The point being Carnival DID NOT TELL US the bed would be on the floor. There was three adults 2-55 yr olds & 1- 50 yr old. We booked early saver. It was room M129. The person who slept on the matress on the floor has been sick since getting off the ship. The mattress did not go under the bed so it was out all the time. Germs, bedbugs, etc.

Was the Mattress itself truly on the floor or was it on the low, low metal frame that's practically on the floor? How have you pursued this, so far? thanks, ken

Please get a real problem in life and thank the good Lord that this is the only thing you found to complain about.

Sorry, but if I paid for three people in a cabin I want three beds not a matress on the floor. I considert his a problem maybe not a major one but still a problem.

As someone whose had a cabin flood I think I'd have a problem sleeping on the floor. Absolutely nothing goes on the floor of my cabin besides flip flops and the trash cans.

bptex... what caused your cabin to flood? Just curious.

Archived