Balcony Room with an 14 month old

My wife and I are planning a cruise for next Sept 2011. Our son will be 14 months old and we were wondering will we be able to get a balcony with a baby? We have always enjoyed balconies and we are hoping to get another one for this cruise or are we going to forced to get an interior or something? Thanks for the info

My wife and I are planning a cruise for next Sept 2011. Our son will be 14 months old and we were wondering will we be able to get a balcony with a baby? We have always enjoyed balconies and we are hoping to get another one for this cruise or are we going to forced to get an interior or something? Thanks for the info

You can have a balcony! The doors are hard to open, even for adults!:D No worries....enjoy a balcony!:)

I took my son on a cruise when he was 14months old and we had a balcony. I was worried too at first but he couldnt open the door and the balcony wall was taller than him so he couldnt fall over or anything. Just don't keep the balcony chairs or table against the balcony ledge/wall that was my only concern. I was afraid of him climbing it or something. I paid 3rd person rate, which was expensive considering his age, but he had a blast!

That is why I thought I would give Norwegian a try....my 11 month old (at the time of the cruise) is only $140.00 (Balcony cabin). Carnival and RC charged too much :( Carnival was going to be like $589 for third person and RC was $1000+!!! Craziness.

You can book any room you want. The railings on the balcony are high, and I don't know if a 14 month old would understand but we had a "no standing on the chairs" rule on the balony, plus the kids aren't allowed out there without an adult.

We took our 23 month old son on an Alaska cruise and the balcony was AWESOME because he would just stand at the glass watching the world go by!!

No problem with a balcony, only suggestion that I have is to make sure you shut and latch the door when you are not out there. No leaving it open.

Archived