Seabourn versus Oceania-Help Me Decide

swifs

We are trying to decide to book a Med (Rome/Greek Isles) cruise for next year with either Seabourn Spirit (April) or Oceania (Nautica) in Sept. We are experienced cruisers (see below) although we have never been on either of these lines.

Assuming that we would be dealing with a 12-night cruise, price for oceanview cabin about the same, could those of you who have experienced both please give us some thoughts that might help us decide? Right now I am slightly in favor of the Nautica itinerary, however it appears that Spirit includes more in its price (wine, tips, one excursion). Am I right that Spirit would be more formal (more dressy clothes for example)? Would crusing Med in April be too cold? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

We are trying to decide to book a Med (Rome/Greek Isles) cruise for next year with either Seabourn Spirit (April) or Oceania (Nautica) in Sept. We are experienced cruisers (see below) although we have never been on either of these lines.

Assuming that we would be dealing with a 12-night cruise, price for oceanview cabin about the same, could those of you who have experienced both please give us some thoughts that might help us decide? Right now I am slightly in favor of the Nautica itinerary, however it appears that Spirit includes more in its price (wine, tips, one excursion). Am I right that Spirit would be more formal (more dressy clothes for example)? Would crusing Med in April be too cold? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Just an opinion. I am a Seabourn cruiser and have friends that are and tried Oceana after they had been on Seabourn. Very disappointed. However, since you haven't been, you don't know what you are missing. You are also asking the question on the Seabourn Board....some obvious answers. However we did the Med two years ago in late April, early May and it was wonderful!! So with that said, I'll see what people who have cruised both say!

If the 2 cruises are apples to apples- length wise, itinerary, price etc- Seabourn is the obvious choice. While Oceania is considered a premium line, and very nice, Seabourn is the real luxury deal.. Looking at the Oceania board, I believe that we have come to the same conclusion..

Host Dan

There will be a significant per diem price difference, and, the "O" price will include airfare.

"S" is luxury........"O" is premium.

Overall, having sailed both over ten times each, if you wish to treat yourself to luxury, do "S". However, if you'd like a very good experience at a lower price for comparable itineraries, do "O"!

larger bathrooms and tubs,,,on S...while O rooms smaller and only shower...

then O has 700 passengers compared to less on all S ships...less hassle in ports,dining,embark and disembark,,etc...all to consider....

I ve been on O and will be my first time on S,,,but those,,,and itinerary I wanted,,,made by decision...also,,like tips,drinks,full menu room service too..O only has continental breakfast,,,and limited room service,,but choose the Odyssey,,because I like balcony,,,not french balcony....like some S ships,,,so a lot to consider....either one better than no cruise,,,right??:)

Thank you everyone. I think we feel the opportunity to try Seabourn should not be passed up so we will take the plunge. Assuming that we still have any choice in the A and A-1 level cabins, do you have any further recommendations? I am sure they are all wonderful, the size alone is fanastic. Looking at the deck plans, some seem to be larger than others or have odd shapes. Any thoughts?

However, Regent is a MUCH larger ship than the triplets. 700 passengers on 50,000 tons as opposed to 450 passengers on 32,000 tons for the Odyssey and Sojourn. And there are not really more restaurant choices. They have Signatures, Prime 7 and La Veranda while Seabourn has Restaurant 2, the Colonnade plus the Patio Grill.

Please let me know the date you plan on wearing "just a shirt" to Colonnade.;) I'll have a camera crew there....heaven help us if you're smoking a cigar with children present - as "redheadnancy" suggested on another thread!
I can't take credit for the cigar, just the children present!! :)

Archived