FLL Princess Hotel/Transfer Package

12Cruise

We recently booked the Embassy Suites thru Princess for 2 nights prior to our cruise in Jan. The information I now have on my personalizer is that we have a Transfer from the airport to the hotel, and then a Transfer from the hotel to the pier.

Have any of you booked your hotel/transfer pkg thru Princess for FLL, and if so, how did it work out?

Thnx!!!

I've never booked the transfers in Fort Lauderdale because catching a cab is so easy (and inexpensive in comparison). Have you looked at how much it would cost you to book the hotel on your own compared to going through Princess?

We'll be staying at the Hyatt Place in December before our cruise. It is very close to the Embassy Suites. It's also a lot cheaper since I was able to get it through Hotwire.

If it's not too late, you should cancel your 2 nights/transfers with Princess. Then book your own hotel and take a taxi. We've stayed overnight near the airport for $49. and the taxi was $20. I'm sure this was far less than Princess. In my opinion they seem to really rip off people with their pre and post cruise packages.

geoherb - I have looked at the price difference and it is actually cheaper for us to book it thru Princess. Booking it thru Princess, at the moment, it is cheaper than we can get it on Hotwire.

WeBeGone - we normally stay in Dania, and at great rates. This cruise we want to either be at the Embassy, or Hyatt Regency Pier 66, which we have reservations at too, and will cancel as soon as we decide which hotel to keep. Booking the Embassy w/transfers thru Princess is cheaper than what our stay at the Hyatt Regency with taxi is going to be. Plus, we get the added factor of being closer to the restaurants, etc.

I can cancel the booking thru Princess before final payment, so no worries there.

Thnx to both of you for your help. :)

Renaissance 17th St $99 through the hotel website.

Walk to the pier. :D

Bummer for me, Jan 1 & 2nd shows AAA rate of $194 p/n. Boo-hoo! :D

love-cruises - thnx for the info., may use them another time. This cruise I am tied to 17th Street. ;)

Bummer for me, Jan 1 & 2nd shows AAA rate of $194 p/n. Boo-hoo! :D

love-cruises - thnx for the info., may use them another time. This cruise I am tied to 17th Street. ;)

We like the Embassy Suites too. Especially since Total Wine and Publix moved in behind it. :)

We like the Embassy Suites too. Especially since Total Wine and Publix moved in behind it. :)

Yes, that will make packing so much easier. I'll just buy everything once we get down there. :D

We have stayed down at the Doubletree Ocean Front before, and that is a very handy area as well. I think it is called something else now though.

To get back to original question, you can book thru Princess and yes, it is sometimes cheaper AND take off transfers. We do sometimes and find that arrival at port by Taxi is more convienent and cheaper than Princess charge. Total from Embassy Suites on 7th should be around $15.00. Check against what Princess charges per person and then weigh in on your comfort in waiting out the Princess pickup which may be after 1 o'clock and crowded since it is a Princess hotel.

To get back to original question, you can book thru Princess and yes, it is sometimes cheaper AND take off transfers. We do sometimes and find that arrival at port by Taxi is more convienent and cheaper than Princess charge. Total from Embassy Suites on 7th should be around $15.00. Check against what Princess charges per person and then weigh in on your comfort in waiting out the Princess pickup which may be after 1 o'clock and crowded since it is a Princess hotel.

Transfers are included with a Princess hotel stay.

Are you sure it is cheaper with Princess? Hotwire would be per room and Princess charges per person.

We are staying two nights...What we are being billed is a total of $418 + 26.84 taxes. This is how I see it breaking down: $418/2 nights = $209 p/n This includes Princess picking us up at the airport, taking us to the hotel, and then picking us up at the hotel and taking us to the ship. So, that $209 p/n could really be reduced by what a taxi/gratuities would cost for those two trips. 1st night $209 -$20 taxi to hotel = $189 and 2nd night $209 -$15 taxi to pier = $194. Plus, it covers gratuities for luggage during both transfers. Is that clear as mud? :D

Actually, on the Princess website the pricing is broken down as $109 for the first night, and $79 for each additional night. In our case that comes to $188 each X 2 nights = 376.00 + 26.84 = 402.00...I guess the other $16 covers the transfers and gratuities.

I haven't seen $189 or $194 on any site for this hotel for Jan. 1 & 2...if you, or anyone else has...I would love to know the website because I would really like to spend less! ;) But, I also really want to stay at this hotel or the Hyatt Regency Pier 66...but preferably the Embassy Suites. :)

Nana G - are you saying we can have that portion, the Transfers, canceled from the equation and just take our own taxi to the hotel, and then 2 days later to the Pier?

We recently booked the Embassy Suites thru Princess for 2 nights prior to our cruise in Jan. The information I now have on my personalizer is that we have a Transfer from the airport to the hotel, and then a Transfer from the hotel to the pier.

Have any of you booked your hotel/transfer pkg thru Princess for FLL, and if so, how did it work out?

Thnx!!!

The only time we use the Princess Hotel/transfer pkg is places like Beijing China.

Will their prices quoted are per person , not per room we never do that in the US Ports.

I have seen it both ways. Sometimes you can remove the transfers (as they are additional) and just book the hotel. But if I am not mistaken, in Fort Lauderdale they are included in the price of the hotel and can not be removed (you don't actually have to use them, but I don't think they lower the price if you won't want to take the Princess transfers). I could be wrong though, so it is worth checking with Princess. ;)

I have seen it both ways. Sometimes you can remove the transfers (as they are additional) and just book the hotel. But if I am not mistaken, in Fort Lauderdale they are included in the price of the hotel and can not be removed (you don't actually have to use them, but I don't think they lower the price if you won't want to take the Princess transfers). I could be wrong though, so it is worth checking with Princess. ;)

Think you are correct, they cannot be removed.

Wow! Guess I really lucked out! Booked the Embassy Suites using Hilton Honours points. Will take a cab from airport to hotel ($15.00), and from hotel to pier. (another $15.00?) We took transfers once from cruise line, and sat waiting for the bus to fill up for a long, long time...

Thanks everyone for your input, it is the Transfer portion that bothers me as we always take a taxi. I'll have my TA ask if the transfer portion can be removed. If not, I still think it is a good deal for this hotel and if I can't find it cheaper by final payment time we'll probably stick with it. :)

Thanks everyone for your input, it is the Transfer portion that bothers me as we always take a taxi. I'll have my TA ask if the transfer portion can be removed. If not, I still think it is a good deal for this hotel and if I can't find it cheaper by final payment time we'll probably stick with it. :)

Don't worry be happy, you will be on a cruise!

:)

We've done it several ways. The Princess Hotel/Transfer is a nice package that takes some hassle out of travel, and often gets one to the cruise terminal early in the boarding process. We've had some good experiences, especially when we arrive early enough to take a walk around the yacht areas. Don't expect inexpensive dining, though.

We have twice booked a hotel (once via TA, once by ourselves) where the cost of taxi fares escalated to $30 - $35 each leg, pretty well negating a lot of the hotel savings. These hotels were either north or south, close as the crow flies, but the highways all take you back to the airport en route to the Port adding extra miles.

• 2 weeks later...

Great thread all!

We'll be booking later today for the 12/18 Emerald 10 day cruise. We have Citibank ThankYou Rewards accumulated to use for hotel and air from CLE to FLL so we will most likely be doing two separate transactions.

It's been awhile since we've done a cruise(7 years) so I'm wondering if finding a good TA would help get us better upgrades as well as ease the process.

Any guidance greatly appreciated

well it does sound like Princess transfer are a bit cheaper; however I have sailed in January for the past five years and have never paid more than $100 per night at a hotel and these hotels including Hyatt, Crown, Hilton and Sheraton (3.5 star to 4.5 stars) all within walking distance to Publix or at minimum a shuttle. I have always booked my hotel on Priceline, but I always name my own price, I start out at half the price of the lowest hotel in the star rating and zone I want and sometimes have had to go up but never that much.

We use to take the ship's transfers but got tired of waiting for the bus and then the crowds and then when you get to the ship waiting for the bags to come off.... guess I am a little impatient :p

Archived