Specialtly restaurant food vs main dining room

jhogan44

On the NCL Jewel-Can I get a good steak (that I would normally get at a place like Cagneys) in any of the "free" restaurants? Even if it is not on a menu- can I ask for it?

Or do you have to pay the cover charge to go to the restaurant that specializes in that type of item to get it? Thanks;)

You can get a steak, but it won't be the quality that they serve in the "pay" venue. On RCI, you have the option of ordering a steak off their specialty restaurant in the MDR, but they'll charge you $15 for it!

In other words, you won't get it "free".

On the NCL Jewel-Can I get a good steak (that I would normally get at a place like Cagneys) in any of the "free" restaurants? Even if it is not on a menu- can I ask for it?

Or do you have to pay the cover charge to go to the restaurant that specializes in that type of item to get it? Thanks;)

Steak is available at no upcharge in the main dining rooms, but it is not the same cut of steak you would pay for at Cagney's.

You may want to post this question on the NCL board to get other opinions from NCL cruisers.

I would consider the ones I had in the MDR to be USDA select or possibly standard, typical of regular supermarket quality.

The ones I had in Cagneys I would grade as Choice, I didn't think they were Prime, nor do I think they were advertised as such but they were very good.

Of course, that's just my opinion:)

i had the steak in the MDR on the JEWEL and found it just fine without having to pay 'extra' for it...if my steak is not to my "liking" i just let them know and never had a problem ....

TRY it and if you dont like then go to Cagneys the next night or after!

steak as well as chicken breast is always available.

I've ordered the steak several times in the MDR aboard NCL ships and I would rate it between "OK" and "pretty good." Meanwhile, I found the steak in Cagney's to be "not that much better." Your mileage may vary. :-)

I've ordered the steak several times in the MDR aboard NCL ships and I would rate it between "OK" and "pretty good." Meanwhile, I found the steak in Cagney's to be "not that much better." Your mileage may vary. :-)

I agree the MDR steak is just "Okay." But unlike another poster, they have always cooked it to the exact doneness I requested. It's just a ho-hum grade of meat.

OTOH while Cagneys may not be "Flemings" quality, it's a fine steak for $25.00 WAY better then any other steak I've had at double that. And miles beyond the MDR

Archived