The Quest for Diamond Plus

I think the cruise must begin in December. We are sailing on Nov. 28 and I don't think we are eligible.

"Diamond Celebration events are applicable to any ship departing on or at sea by December 1-31, 2010; exceptions will be Jewel of the Seas begins December 3, 2010 and Brilliance of the Seas begins December 5, 2010. "

Will you be "at sea" on December 1st Sherri? If so it sounds like your cruise would qualify, except for Jewel or Brilliance. :)

Just wondering what you mean by "fair and square"?

I'm not ckrobyn or even their stunt double. I think there is a perception that a lot of us Florida types just sit outside the terminal entrance at Port Canaveral and jump in a JS on the Monarch for 12 weekend cruises. Then SHAZAAAM.... we're D+! Of course then there are those who inherited the status from the parents or married into it. As for me, I got mine the hard way!!:p;)

Oh, I see what you mean. To me, getting to Diamond Plus in any manner is fair and square, because we've all played by the rules. How we got there may have been easy or hard, but, it was all fun, I'm sure. :)

Who did you email to get this info.? thanks we are D+

First, we called C&A's 800 #, then dial (press) 9 to talk to D+ desk - as you probably already know. Got clarification. Decided we wanted it in print, just in case. Went to website, C&A Society tab, scroll down to "Contact Crown & Anchor" write your question and wait two weeks to get a reply. In meantime, DW did the live chat thing and hit print screen when reply came back to her. Now we have proof from two sources in case we need it after our cruises in December. Don't think we will (need it), though.

"Diamond Celebration events are applicable to any ship departing on or at sea by December 1-31, 2010; exceptions will be Jewel of the Seas begins December 3, 2010 and Brilliance of the Seas begins December 5, 2010. "

Will you be "at sea" on December 1st Sherri? If so it sounds like your cruise would qualify, except for Jewel or Brilliance. :)

We are at sea on Dec. 1. The cruise is from Nov. 28 through Dec. 2. It would be great to get the extra cruise credit.

First, we called C&A's 800 #, then dial (press) 9 to talk to D+ desk - as you probably already know. Got clarification. Decided we wanted it in print, just in case. Went to website, C&A Society tab, scroll down to "Contact Crown & Anchor" write your question and wait two weeks to get a reply. In meantime, DW did the live chat thing and hit print screen when reply came back to her. Now we have proof from two sources in case we need it after our cruises in December. Don't think we will (need it), though.
I call that number all the time. will follow your instructions. Thanks!!

For me...

I was going to be 1 credit away from D+ after my Nov cruise so i decided to upgrade from my E3 to a JS the cost was only about $160 so i think that was well worth it. Espcially if it means getting "grandfathered" in come Jan. if not it gives me extra space for my DD to run around!!! My main reason for wanting D+ is because i cruise with my mother alot (not nessasarily in the same cabin) and would love to be able to have the same level of perks!!!

Just wondering what you mean by "fair and square"?

Believe me - I am the LAST person who would suggest that Floridians do not earn their cruise credits fair and square too -- please do not take what I said the wrong way. "Fair and square" is an expression that denotes I cruised the appropriate number of times to reach Diamond Plus status! Trust me, if I lived within driving distance of a port.....I would be cruising A LOT more than I do now!!!!:p:p

I'm not ckrobyn or even their stunt double. I think there is a perception that a lot of us Florida types just sit outside the terminal entrance at Port Canaveral and jump in a JS on the Monarch for 12 weekend cruises. Then SHAZAAAM.... we're D+! Of course then there are those who inherited the status from the parents or married into it. As for me, I got mine the hard way!!:p;)

Please read my previous post :)

https://secure.royalcaribbean.com/im...anchor_ico.gi

Robyn, I took the "f" off of .gif so you can see how it looks....Giant font to make that itty, bitty anchor? :D Just a request please, for those of us that like signatures, but have images off. Can you copy cruisinfever or someone else's anchor that doesn't use the GIANT font. Image will still be the same size. Love your posts, I just have to scroll to read them. THX.

For me...

I was going to be 1 credit away from D+ after my Nov cruise so i decided to upgrade from my E3 to a JS the cost was only about $160 so i think that was well worth it. Espcially if it means getting "grandfathered" in come Jan. if not it gives me extra space for my DD to run around!!! My main reason for wanting D+ is because i cruise with my mother alot (not nessasarily in the same cabin) and would love to be able to have the same level of perks!!!

Excellent decision, just in case. :)

Reading this thread gave me the "push" I needed to book our Christmas cruise. We are currently diamond, with 21 cruise credits. We just booked a GS on the Radiance for December 24th. With the additional credit, we will have achieved D+ just under the wire. :)

On the Grandeur right now. Sitting on my aft balcony watching excursions sail by. Couldn't resist checking the boards. No CL, as expected, but nightly event on a wonderful ship. Being back onboard reminds us why we love this so much, so I'm following a "hunch" and pushing forward along with the others. There is no downside. At least for me.

You have clearly never sailed on The Oasis, where the CL is one of the nicest areas on the ship, and much nicer than the DL.:D

.................... All the Freedom class and Oasis class shiips have both CL's and DL's. And yes, the DL's are larger and more attractive than the CL's.

At the welcome back reception on my 4 nighter there were a number of cruisers with 20+ cruises doing back to backs and one couple doing a triple but several also had reservations on Allure and Oasis later in the year.

To be honest, in addition to the much enjoyed balcony and larger bathroom - I upgraded to a JS on the cruise so I would get the 2 cc's and we are now diamond when I saw a really great price. I don't expect to ever get to the D+ level, but I did want to make the D status before they changed the requirements.

Archived