Best time to get off ship?

seascot

We are first time cruisers on the Solstice in November. Grand Cayman is our first port of call and also the busiest. All we intend to do there is spend a couple of hours at Royal Palms beach, so we're wondering if we would be better trying to get off the ship early or wait until the rush is over and leave later?

Could anyone please explain how the tendering system works?

We are first time cruisers on the Solstice in November. Grand Cayman is our first port of call and also the busiest. All we intend to do there is spend a couple of hours at Royal Palms beach, so we're wondering if we would be better trying to get off the ship early or wait until the rush is over and leave later?

Could anyone please explain how the tendering system works?

Nip down to the bridges on the 31st the Crown Princess is coming in. The Maid of the Forth will be running passengers from her shore side so it will give you an idea of what is to be expected using tenders to get shoreside. Along with the Maid of the Forth the Princess will also be using 6 of her own boats. Hope this helps

:)

Definitely wait until the rush is over. Tender tickets will be issued for the earliest transfers, with those going on Celebrity-purchased tours getting the first tickets. Then various frequent-passenger-status people get tickets, and finally those who are just going off on their own to explore or spend a couple of hours on shore, which is what it sound like you plan to do. At some point, when the crush of passengers begins to slow to a trickle, they stop issuing tickets and you can just walk to the proper deck and board the next available tender. Guest relations on board can give you good advice as to when they expect the ticket process to cease, based on previous sailings. So stop down there and ask once you are on board.

Nip down to the bridges on the 31st the Crown Princess is coming in. The Maid of the Forth will be running passengers from her shore side so it will give you an idea of what is to be expected using tenders to get shoreside. Along with the Maid of the Forth the Princess will also be using 6 of her own boats. Hope this helps

:)

I could walk to the bridge in 5 minutes as I've lived in SQ for over 30 years. I know how a tender operates. What I was asking was what is the process for obtaining your tender time when you are actually on board.

Definitely wait until the rush is over. Tender tickets will be issued for the earliest transfers, with those going on Celebrity-purchased tours getting the first tickets. Then various frequent-passenger-status people get tickets, and finally those who are just going off on their own to explore or spend a couple of hours on shore, which is what it sound like you plan to do. At some point, when the crush of passengers begins to slow to a trickle, they stop issuing tickets and you can just walk to the proper deck and board the next available tender. Guest relations on board can give you good advice as to when they expect the ticket process to cease, based on previous sailings. So stop down there and ask once you are on board.

Thanks for your helpful response, this is what I was looking for.

I could walk to the bridge in 5 minutes as I've lived in SQ for over 30 years. I know how a tender operates. What I was asking was what is the process for obtaining your tender time when you are actually on board.

Hi,:) those folks who are doing "Celebrity Excursions" will board the

tenders first. The early folks have tender tickets.

I would do exactly as you posted and wait till later in the morning

and by then the crowds will have already tendered over:)

You would not need the ticket once the tenders are "open to all".

Archived