Jane L. Powell - on which ship?

jeanettep

Jane was on the Spirit this past week I believe - maybe it was last week! She's been doing a week or two on, then a week or so off. DS says he's surprised every week when she shows up. I'll check and see if he's got a better schedule for her.

She lists her upcoming schedule on her website, sells CDs too, so why not go to www.janepowell.com.....

We are living in the age of the world wide web... Use it... There are times when there are two ships serving an itinerary from the same or different home port, she is working both...

Dom The internet is powerful, But you need to learn to spell

She lists her upcoming schedule on her website, sells CDs too, so why not go to http://www.janepowell.com.....

We are living in the age of the world wide web... Use it... There are times when there are two ships serving an itinerary from the same or different home port, she is working both...

Isn't the OP's question to this forum an ideal way of using the WWW? What is the cruise critic site if not a focused way of sorting through the broader clutter of the internet, especially with a search term as "generic" as "jane powell".

Haynes, you often reprimand posters for this sort of thing, as if you're being forced to waste your time responding. Some of us enjoy the dialogue and information that results from this kind of a inquiry.

She lists her upcoming schedule on her website, sells CDs too, so why not go to http://www.janepowell.com.....

Your link is not correct -- it's http://www.janelpowell.com and I DID go there before I posted because I DO live in the age of the world wide web and DO use it. However, her schedule isn't up-to-date on her website.

Never mind! If she performs during our cruise, it will be a bonus!

Jeanette, I am a big fan of Jane's as well. I visit her site regularly and do not find her NCL appearances to be regularly listed. In fact, her manager was kind enough to explain to me that they don't get her schedule from NCL in a timely enough fashion to keep her schedule updated. I am hoping she will be on the Spirit in February.

It's always fun for me to hear from another Jane fan on these boards!

I'm sorry if I was wrong. I can't imagine her schedule is not posted on her website. It should be...

If her upcoming schedule is not on her website, I haven't a clue where anyone will be able to find a schedule anywhere...

Imagine. It isn't.

I asked DS and he doesn't know her schedule. I know that she is keeping her schedule flexible so it could very well be that she is working an a week by week basis. Hopefully she will be o your cruise.

Thanks, Crew Mom. I didn't start this thread, but as a Jane L. Powell fan, I certainly appreciate your, and your son's, willingness to help. I checked Jane's website again this morning, and it doesn't give any information at all about her appearances. I'll be doing the Happy Dance of Joy if she's on the Spirit Valentine week cruise.

Once you have experienced the music of "Jane L. Powell" you are never the same. Her music captures your heart.

I had the pleasure of cruising with her on NCL's Sun, October of 2002 and have been hooked every since.

Crew Mom ~ You WILL have that opportunity someday.

OceanDreams

She's by far the best NCL entertainer that I've ever seen. Jane L. Powell can not only sing, she really knows how to put on a show! We had the great fortune to enjoy her twice on my beloved Dream, and would love to see her again.

Okay, so who is Jane L Powell.....obviously some kind of entertainer but I have never heard of her. Why is her act ? so good?

Okay, I'll try. For one thing, she has at least a five-octave vocal range. Her voice is as pure and clear and radiant at the lowest bass register as it is at the highest soprano (and beyond) register. She is charismatic. You feel fully engaged during her show, as if she is singing to you, through you, above you, below you, beyond you. She is funny. She makes me laugh out loud, and I rarely - RARELY ALMOST NEVER - laugh out loud.

She has a way of engaging her audience like no other performer I have ever heard. And I've heard a few. I've seen her on only one cruise (2 performances) and I'm as big a fan as if I'd been following her for years!

Please, please, Jane, if you or your people are reading this, entertain us on the Valentine's Day Spirit cruise. I'm not a (s)talker, nor a fan(atic), just an admirer of your immense talent.

For her to be as talented as she is, she is one of the nicest people you could meet. She was performing on the Dream in 08 on the night of our 10th wedding anniversary. The next day, we saw her in a corridor and told her that she'd made the night very special. After that, she always made a point to stop and say hello when she saw us- even remembered our names. If I were choosing between two itineraries and saw that she was on one, that would definitely be a deciding factor.

BTW- She was the singer in the Starlight Room (well, Starlight something) in the Chris O'Donnell/ Renee Zellweger movie, "The Bachelor".

I agree with all of her fans...she's one of a kind. Every once in a while I see a cruise review that pans her and - for the life of me - I can't imagine what these people want or expect in the way of entertainment.

We've been lucky enough to see her on 2 of our NCL cruises and I agree with Swells 1 that she would be a deciding factor if I were choosing a cruise and knew she would be on a specific ship.

Archived