Picture ID question

lsw0224

My family will be boarding Majesty on September 13 and my sister just realized that her picture ID will expire this friday! Normally she would be able to just get a new ID but NC no longer prints them while you wait. They give you a piece of paper saying you have applied and tell you the ID will arrive in 20 days!!! Will she be allowed to board with this paper and her old ID? (She does not have a passport)

My family will be boarding Majesty on September 13 and my sister just realized that her picture ID will expire this friday! Normally she would be able to just get a new ID but NC no longer prints them while you wait. They give you a piece of paper saying you have applied and tell you the ID will arrive in 20 days!!! Will she be allowed to board with this paper and her old ID? (She does not have a passport)

You had better give someone at RCI a call ASAP. All you'll get here is conjecture.

U.S. citizens on closed-loop cruises (cruises that begin and end at the same port in the U.S.) will be able to enter or depart the country with proof of citizenship, such as a birth certificate and laminated government issued picture ID, denoting photo, name and date of birth. A U.S. citizen under the age of 16 will be able to present either an original or a certified copy of his or her birth certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad issues by DOS, or Certificate of Naturalization issued by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/beforeyouboard/travelDocumentation.do;jsessionid=0000q1Xc9bemqmCExMNCf6QE19q:13hldiq09?cS=NAVBAR

I flew to San Diego four years ago. My license was scheduled to expire while I was away so I had it renewed a couple days before leaving. In Texas they give you a piece of paper and mail your new license. For the return trip, I was able to show the paper plus expired license for the return flight. I don't remember being hasseled about it.

A cruise might be different since you are leaving the country. It's probably better to ask RC about it. The problem is they might not know either.

Thanks for the help everyone! She went to the DMV and hopefully her new ID will be here before we leave. They did issue her a temporary ID but this does not have her picture. She called RC and someone told her she would be allowed to board with the slip and her credit card :confused: maybe we will contact someone else at RC just to make sure!

Thanks for the help everyone! She went to the DMV and hopefully her new ID will be here before we leave. They did issue her a temporary ID but this does not have her picture. She called RC and someone told her she would be allowed to board with the slip and her credit card :confused: maybe we will contact someone else at RC just to make sure!

Wrong. She will also need her birth certificate (certified copy) as well. It must be the official birth certificate, not the hospital one.

In NY do they let you keep the expired license with the photo? If so, she needs to bring both that and the paper. I agree that you need to call someone else at RC. A credit card isn't valid anywhere as an ID. :rolleyes:

Wrong. She will also need her birth certificate (certified copy) as well. It must be the official birth certificate, not the hospital one.

She knew about the birth certificate, she was just asking RC about the picture ID part.

Archived