Alchol question for some one that has done btb

Smokin J

We got ours at the end of the first cruise. Others may tell you differently but that's when we got ours. That is true for alcohol we bought on shore and alcohol we bought on the ship. Also, the alcohol we bought on the ship, we bought the last day of the 1st leg and they gave it to us right then and there.

Tim

I remember buying on the last day and being sent back to the cabin with it. It was usually late in the evening.

Do they still do that on the Mariner?

They did as of February. In fact, it wasn't even very late, I think it was still afternoon.

I will find out again in three weeks.:D

We do B2B's often.

We have always had it kept until the last night of the second week since they tightened up the liquor rules. On all ships we sailed.

With the newest B2B system, your SeaPass cards say right on them,

"Consecutive Cruiser" right under your name.

Do you think that might tell them you are staying on board when you purchase it? :D

EDIT: I found the Mariner to be the strickest of all the ships we sailed. This will be our 4th time on her coming up in 2 weeks. ;)

No B2B so I can keep it and bring it home. :)

Edited by Alexis

Has anyone ever had issue with customs? If you do b2b and come back lets say with 4 bottles total. Have they ever said to you "only 2 bottles allowed" Or are they aware that you've done b2b and would then be allowed 4 bottles total? Of course all dependent on your cruise itinerary.:confused:

How does it work if you purchase the soda card? Do they automatically charge you for 2 weeks?

Each week of your B2B cruises is considered it's own cruise. You will have two separate booking numbers for those two cruises also.

You settle up your bill at the end of the first week and start new on the second week with a new on board account and a new Sea Pass card.

If you can pay for them in advance on line with RCCL, then you will have them taken care of in advance for the both weeks.

The same with pre tipping, specialty restaurants reservations, My Time Dining, tours and etc.

Edited by Alexis

• 7 years later...
customs barely asks any questions anymore.

Totally agree. You don't fill out custom forms anymore if you are from the US. So when you get to customs, they look at your passport and say "have a nice day". For probably the last year at least, I have not had one custom agent ask us if we have brought anything back with us.

Since this is an old thread..Any recent updates from travelers doing a back to back?

Doing B2B I've had VOOM first week and it's good threw the 1st day of next cruise... After just use my free Diamond+ days as needed next cruise or just buy shorted package during second cruise