Any helpful thoughts for Jewel of the Seas?

lnorland

My wife, son and myself will be on the Jewel of the Seas for 10 days this fall and thought I would ask if anyone knows of any secrets for the ship. We always seem to miss some great spots on the ships or don't find them until the last day of the cruise. My son is 6 and we have cruise a few times, but would love any of your suggestions for the best things on the Jewel. Thank you in advance it is appreciated.:)

Seaview cafe...deck 12 ---it's a lovely alternative to WJ! All the awy aft...near the sports deck. And we love the outdoor seating in the WJ.

Do try the DR for breakfast tho...it's ever so much nicer than eating at the buffet!

Oh--and the Champagne Bar for pre-dinner drinks...they usually serve hot munchies around dinner time...they have everything...not just champagne! Beer, mixed drinks, martinis, etc...

Try the salad bar in DR for lunch. They have tons of fixings. You pick what you want and they will mix it for you..

Also the sweet treats at ths special coffee bar are free. You don't have to buy coffee to get them. Didn't discover that until last day on board.

A lot of the announcements aren't made in room, hallways, or some common areas. We missed some events because of that.

Mrsosci

Take your child up to deck 14 on the outer facing elevators nearest the aft to see the "girls". You'll both giggle. I second both the Seaview cafe and champagne bar. Hours for the Seaview (no charge for food) do vary and are posted daily in the Compass. Unless there has been a change, there are also pizza, sandwiches and maybe crepes served at various times in the Solarium pool area. However, that area is restricted to adults over the age of 16. Go all the way to the back of the Windjammer to find outdoor seating, if that is what you would like. Check out the revolving bar up in the Viking Crown Lounge on deck 14.

Take your child up to deck 14 on the outer facing elevators nearest the aft to see the "girls". You'll both giggle. I second both the Seaview cafe and champagne bar. Hours for the Seaview (no charge for food) do vary and are posted daily in the Compass. Unless there has been a change, there are also pizza, sandwiches and maybe crepes served at various times in the Solarium pool area. However, that area is restricted to adults over the age of 16. Go all the way to the back of the Windjammer to find outdoor seating, if that is what you would like. Check out the revolving bar up in the Viking Crown Lounge on deck 14.

Kids are allowed in Solarium for pizza/sandwiches. Bad placement on RCCL's part. Putting pizza area where only adults are allowed to swim. At least that's what the sign says but in reality kids do swim there.

Mrsosci

Kids are allowed in Solarium for pizza/sandwiches. Bad placement on RCCL's part. Putting pizza area where only adults are allowed to swim. At least that's what the sign says but in reality kids do swim there.

Mrsosci

Kids are allowed to swim in the Solarium pool during limited hours in the morning and afternoon when weather conditions make use of the outside pool impractical. They are also allowed into the snack area to order pizza or other items and there are tables just outside the solarium where they can sit and eat them. Whenever we have sailed on Jewel everyone observed the rules quite diligently and we never saw anyone abusing the privileges.:)

The Jewel is a beautiful ship. There is a little look-out area between the two elevators facing the sea on Deck 14 for viewing "the girls". Mini putt is always free and always fun especially on a moving ship.

Photos of the Jewel and sister ship the Brilliance in the link below.

Enjoy your cruise.

Kathy:)

I forget which lounge it was, but we went up there during the day and it was open. It was a great place to hide away and read a book with a great view!! There were only a couple people in there.

Have a great time on your trip!!

p.s. there's some photos of the Jewel below in my signature.

We will be on Jewell of Sea for first time Oct 2nd out of Boston. Favorite place for breakfast other than MDR?

We get room servie for breakfast and have it on our balcony. Or DH and I take turns going to Wind Jammer and bringing breakfast in bed to the lucky one!

Also, on the Jewel deck 6 aft is the Safari Club (right past the billard tables). When there is no activity in there, spin a chair around to fit into the slanted floor to ceiling windows. Now watch the wake of the ship. Very relaxing.

Also, the walking path on deck 12, when you're at the bow of the ship there is a staircase to take you down to a quiet deck area with a few loungers.

Archived