LIVE from the FREEDOM of the SEAS, Sailing 5 Sep 2010

Trainman-2

Trainman-2' date=' Jim

Hi from Scotland :)

This has had tears streaming down my face. I feel for you. I loved that you wrapped Carol's ashes in the robe - such a touching photograph.

I'm glad that you have met lots of nice people on board and I'm looking forward to reading more of your trippie.

Hope all goes well at 4pm. I'll be thinking about you.

xxx[/quote']

Hi

I am from Scotland too and I love reading trip report or look at photos but this one is very speical one ...

It is very thoughtful for special Carol who love the cruise....

and I am pleased that staff take care for you and i know there is lots of nice people on the cruise too...

Scottishwee35

Edited by scottishwee35

When I boarded the Freedom Sunday the Ship's Computer System was down for maintenance and didn't come up until late in the afternoon.

But the WI-FI system has improved significantly since I was on the Freedom last year.

In the past, I had to upload photos to Photo-Bucket one at a time and the process was slow. Now I can upload 4 at a time and the process is pretty quick.

I do get one recurring error message shown below...

I am usually able to resolve this by hitting the "Refresh Screen" button but sometimes that doesn't work so I go back and reload the page using the saved listing in my "Favorites" section.

Overall, the WI-FI system is much faster

HTTP proxy reports : <H1><H3>(The specified network name is no longer available. ). </H3>

</H1>

On being On Time for dinner in the MDR

Yesterday was a sea day but as I sat in the MDR I watched people arriving late.

Entire families and groups of 6-10 people walked in late.

Many of them after 7:00 pm, one hour after the 6:00 scheduled seating time.

As I was leaving last night at 7:25, a family of 7 walked in.

I know that there has been a vigorous discussion on this subject in another thread going on and I don't want to restart it here. But over an hour late seems to me to be pushing the common standards of decorum.

Good Morning Trainman-

Checking in to see how your cruise is going. Like you, my favorite place in the morning is also the Cafe Promenade. Love to get up early and sit in the corner enjoying my coffee before most people are even awake.

Hope you have a wonderful day today at Labadee. Thank you for bringing us along on this cruise with you!

Edited by jeleja

We are tied up to the pier at Labadee.

And it looks like a long walk to the shore...

DSCN0535.jpg

It was about 8 am when I took these photos and the sun was shining full onto me. It looks like RCI has plenty of support equipment to haul the BBQ lunch and other supplies ashore.

DSCN0532.jpg

DSCN0533.jpg

I saw one golf cart down there.

I wonder if I can hitch a ride to the shore...

Hi Jim,

I just came across your thread and have read it from the start. I want to echo all the wonderful comments and tributes posted here by other CCers. I've never been so glad to see you post food pics before.... as I write this you posted your lunch pic.

You have my sincerest admiration.

We are tied up to the pier at Labadee.

And it looks like a long walk to the shore...

Bet they have some kind of trolley or something..............just like in Costa Maya where the pier is really long too...........

My favorite place early in the morning is the coffee corner in the Café Promenade!

DSCN0526.jpg

Hi Trainman,,,That is my favorite place in the morning also,,,I always go down there by myself,(DH sleeping) and it's so nice and quiet...

The tribute to your wife is beautiful:)... May God watch over you and you know Carol is watching you too!..

MONDAY, Day 2, At Sea

I headed up to the Windjammer for breakfast, got some silverware wrapped in a napkin, left it and my cane on a small table for two and headed to the buffet line to get my breakfast. When I returned there was a lady sitting at my table for two. She had moved my cane but I sat down in my seat facing her and told her how delighted I was for her to join me. She mumbled something about me joining her but I think she realized that I had been there first when I unrapped my silverware. She said she had to go and bugged out leaving two dirty coffee cups on my table.

I wouldn't have gotten up & left - I like sitting & meeting & talking with new people then it always seems that when you do that you run into them all over the ship. Also, on the Explorer one of my favorite spots was going to the promenade cafe and getting coffee.

Pat

Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful send off to Carol with us. I really felt like I was there with you. Your breakfast looks so good! I love the sausage. We will be leaving this Sunday on Liberty to also cruise the Western. Looks like it will be a beautiful day in Labadee. Can't wait to read the rest. Has the Diamond Lounge been crowded? Our cruise in March on Indy was our first "Diamond" cruise and it was so crowded we didn't bother using it as all the seats were "reserved" a half hour in advance. Thank you again. Wanda

I still haven't decided about going ashore.

They don't have any Golf Cart like shuttles which would be ideal.

They do provide complementary Wheel Chair Service (with someone to push me around) but I would feel stupid getting pushed around in a wheelchair.

I should have brought my T-Rex, I could have gone ashore in style!

DSCN0293.jpg