Has Anyone Ever...

shipcutie

Hello.

I am just wondering if anyone has any experiences with the tour agency Vlator? Some of the private tours they have look pretty interesting. I would be grateful for any information/experiences you can provide. I am considering a cruise that visits the ports of Barcelona, Seville and Valencia. I am aware that I can also opt to do things on my own but I just want to explore all of my options.

Thanks in advance for your help and also for all of the valuable information on this board.

Viator does not provide any of the tours that it sells. It is a 3rd party company that sells tours. Other guides/companies actually provide those tours. Most of the time you can book the same tours directly with the companies that are actually giving the tours.

Viator does not provide any of the tours that it sells. It is a 3rd party company that sells tours. Other guides/companies actually provide those tours. Most of the time you can book the same tours directly with the companies that are actually giving the tours.

In that way, I think they are pretty similar to shoretrips.com. But Viator seems to have decent prices (wonder if it is the company that provides the tour who actually pays the additional fee) while shoretrips seem to be higher than comparable listings of the direct company.

We used Viator in Venice and Florence, and were pleased with the tours. Viator usually tells you to turn in your voucher for the tour at a specific address in the city. Just make sure you do a mapquest to find the address before you leave for the trip. The address in Florence was not easy to find, with the mapquest.

We just returned a week ago from our Grand Mediterranean cruise on Ruby Princess. We used Viator for a walking tour and gondola ride in Venice. We were happy with the service we received. Our guide was very knowledgeable and pleasant. Her english was great. We had no problems. It was cheaper than a ship's tour!

Archived