What to wear in hurricane/storm weather

Septcruise2

We leave on Saturday for the Eastern Caribbean on Carnival Freedom. The weather predictions are for hot (80's, 90's) with thunderstorms. What do you wear in that? We are from Seattle-lots of rain, but cold. Would you still wear shorts or capris and sandals in the rain? I don't know what to pack! Do I need sweaters for at night on the deck? Is the AC on the ship cold?

We leave on Saturday for the Eastern Caribbean on Carnival Freedom. The weather predictions are for hot (80's, 90's) with thunderstorms. What do you wear in that? We are from Seattle-lots of rain, but cold. Would you still wear shorts or capris and sandals in the rain? I don't know what to pack! Do I need sweaters for at night on the deck? Is the AC on the ship cold?

Frist thing which comes to mind is a "transderm scope" sea sickness patch:rolleyes:

Yes, you can wear shorts, capris, sandles, tee shirts, swim suites, whatever in the rain. The thunderstroms may decreas the temp from 90 to 80. Still plenty warm. A sweater would be good. AC on ships tend to be cool (least ways to me). Ocean breezes can also be cool.

Have fun:D

Shorts or capris are fine. If you're going to be out in the rain you might want some type of inexpensive rain gear. I hate wearing sandals in the rain & would strongly recommend sneakers.

The air conditioning can be cool so a sweater or shawl of some sort is a good idea.

Enjoy!

I will trade your summer in Seattle for the absolutely wretched (and worst summer I've ever had to endure!) last three months here in Alabama, where it never got below 90 degrees with very high humidity for THREE months!! It was typically 97 - 101 degrees every day for weeks! I will gladly loan you my shorts, capris, and sandals (which you will definitely need on your cruise!) if I can spend next summer with you in Seattle. I'll pay rent, utilities, cable, and food. I don't snore, and am very clean! DD lives in Oregon, and I was just there this past May for several weeks. I go there 2-3 times a year and LOVE that cool weather! You can adjust the A/C in your cabin. Prepare yourself for the kind of heat and humidity you've probably never experienced, and you'll kick yourself for even thinking about bringing a sweater! Enjoy your cruise!

P.S. It's nearly mid-September. Yesterday's temp. was 97. Today's was 98. I'm waiting for December, when I can finally turn the A/C off!

Light thin clothing that will dry fast, also wet skin dries faster than wet fabric, so I'd stick with shorts, skirts, & sandals that will dry fast or are water proof, again, wet feet dry fast, wet shoes don't.

Thank you all for the advice. Goin' upstairs to pack my shorts! We leave the house at 4 am! Should I even bother going to bed? I think I'm too excited!:)

This is our first cruies to the Caribbean. We'll be traveling to Aurba, Curacao, Grenada, Barbardos, St. Vincent and other ports. We depart on the 8th of Nov. and return on the 15th. What might we expect the evening temperatures to be while at sea. Just need to know what clothing to bring for evening outdoors on the balcony and other outdoor parts of the ship. :confused:

Just think about what you wore during that week of 90+ temps we had a month or so ago. Not much difference. You will probably want a sweater or light windbreaker for out on deck.

This is our first cruies to the Caribbean. We'll be traveling to Aurba, Curacao, Grenada, Barbardos, St. Vincent and other ports. We depart on the 8th of Nov. and return on the 15th. What might we expect the evening temperatures to be while at sea. Just need to know what clothing to bring for evening outdoors on the balcony and other outdoor parts of the ship. :confused:

You will be in the Southern Caribbean, and it will be HOT! And humid. I'd bring a very light windbreaker with a hood, as it's still the rainy season down there. (Rain-sun-rain-sun...etc) Technically, it's still "Hurricane" season, but it's rare. I did a 7-night cruise from St. Vincent to Grenada in mid-October years ago, and it was really HOT! Even at night. Breezes were very warm, but nice. We did get rain. Enjoy your cruise!

Archived