Barcelona planning help??

happy cruzer

Hi, We toured Barcelona for 3 days a couple of years ago. I am trying to put together a tenative plan for November of this year.

Barcelona Ideas???

Arrive at airport about noon. Taxi to hotel near the port (or should I do the Aeroport bus then taxi?)

Light lunch. But the T10 meto ticket. Visit Maritim Museum for 3hours or so? Is this too short?

Do some grocery purchases, i.e. cereal, packaged milk, wine, etc for in the hotel room.

Retire fairly early

Full day in Barcelona.

Be at Sagrada Familia at 8:30 to tour the interior (we did just the outside last trip both night and day which was wonderful).

Use elevator to the top first thing is that right? What else is a must see?

Lunch

The Park Guell for the remainder of the afternnoon.

Nice dinner at Vinateria Del Call.

Another full day of sightseeing.

The main Catedral.

Big lunch at a nice restaurant. Probably the Laie Libreria Cafe ( did this last time and loved it).

Walk the Ramblas down to the port.

Monument a Colom to the top. I think in November the monument is only open to 6:30.

Out to Font Majica for cafe dinner and fountain viewing.

Last day in Barcelone and then to the cruise ship.

Last minute purchases, then to ship around noon.

Plan B would be to squeeze in Montserrat.

Do the Catedral first day. Second day the same. Third day do Montserrat and Maritim Museum. With last morning being

Monument to Colom.

Any comments or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what you did last time???

Have you not seen the cathedral before? Are you there on a Sunday when the folks dance with live music in front of it??Have you been to the Santa Maria del Mar church?? Have you been to the Picasso Museum? These are both fairly near the port area.

There are also some good restaurants in this area: Sagardi, Santa Maria, are 2 possibilities but there are others.

Hi, We toured Barcelona for 3 days a couple of years ago. I am trying to put together a tenative plan for November of this year.

Barcelona Ideas???

Arrive at airport about noon. Taxi to hotel near the port (or should I do the Aeroport bus then taxi?)

Light lunch. But the T10 meto ticket. Visit Maritim Museum for 3hours or so? Is this too short?

Do some grocery purchases, i.e. cereal, packaged milk, wine, etc for in the hotel room.

Retire fairly early

Full day in Barcelona.

Be at Sagrada Familia at 8:30 to tour the interior (we did just the outside last trip both night and day which was wonderful).

Use elevator to the top first thing is that right? What else is a must see?

Lunch

The Park Guell for the remainder of the afternnoon.

Nice dinner at Vinateria Del Call.

Another full day of sightseeing.

The main Catedral.

Big lunch at a nice restaurant. Probably the Laie Libreria Cafe ( did this last time and loved it).

Walk the Ramblas down to the port.

Monument a Colom to the top. I think in November the monument is only open to 6:30.

Out to Font Majica for cafe dinner and fountain viewing.

Last day in Barcelone and then to the cruise ship.

Last minute purchases, then to ship around noon.

Plan B would be to squeeze in Montserrat.

Do the Catedral first day. Second day the same. Third day do Montserrat and Maritim Museum. With last morning being

Monument to Colom.

Any comments or ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Not sure what day in November you're in Barcelona but Sagrada Familia will be closed for the Pope's visit. I think it's Novemeber 6th? Just check to be sure. Not sure how long his visit is in Barcelona. We are there on th 5-6th and plan on using the hop on hop off bus the morning of departure (leave at 6pm on 6th).

Another beautiful building is the Palau de la Musica Catalana. they give guided tours and also have concerts. As mentioned previously, the Basilica Santa Maria del Mar is worthwhile to visit. Has beautiful stained glass. Near there is the Taller de Tapas, great place for lunch .

The Palau de la Musica Catalan would be a nice addition to your list.

You can see it only on a tour or if you buy tix to a performance there.

I have booked the tour on my first day in town for the next day.

Sagrada Familia+Parc Guell is a nice day.

I had Laie Libreria on my list last time but didn't get there. I thought is was a "light lunch " sort of place but it sounds like I am wrong about that.

IF you are in the old part of the city Cafe de l'Academia is a good traditional choice for lunch. Another idea would be to eat at the Santa Caterina Market which is near the Palau de la Musica. It is completely non smoking and they have a nice sit down restaurant, not bar stools.

Yes, we thoroughly enjoyed the Picasso Museum, The ciutat mesuem including the Roman ruins, and the Casa Bastillo on our last visit. The Catedral was under restoration so we skipped it.

We will arrive at around noon on the 9th. These points are helpful.

Thanks.

Is it necessary to buy tickets in advance??

NO, You do not have to buy tix in advance for Picasso.

IF you will be in Barcelona for a few days you may consider purchasing the Articket IF you will visit at least 3 of the included sights. It is less expensive and allows you to skip lines for things like: Picasso,La Pedrera,MNAC museum, Miro and others.

See:

http://bcnshop.barcelonaturisme.com/ECV2TBCN/Front/BCNShop/Sales/Disponibilitat_Producte/_vf-SMlY1yItM-U_l9RgLJgsyU0uRJi84egg7gKPxM-nIyHGcGkK-P7Hf2yFMXIkZFXUMKWjBAGo6Z-CzSAiPTg

My hotel is near the port. I wanted to have an easy more the day we start the cruise.

I know the aerobus will not take me close enough, I'd have to get a taxi from Placa Catalona, I think. For two the bus might save quite a bit???

Thanks for all the advice. I'm putting them in a file to use while in Barcelona.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for all the advice. Here's what we actually did on our few days in Barcelona.

Barcelona visit Nov. 2010

Stayed three nights at Hostal Fernando. European style room with balcony. Great location and great price.

For transportation used taxi from airport about 30 E and taxi to cruise port about 20 E. Also used one T10 for two that worked on metro and buses (7.7 E) which was purchased from a vending machine in any metro station.

Visited Catedral de Seu, the main cathedral in Barcelona. No charge to tour. Small charge (2.5 E) to use elevator to access room. Good view of the city and port area.

Then visited the Gaudi created Park Guell. No charge for park. Charge to enter Gaudi Casa Museum of about 5E. Park is a must see, museum only for big Gaudi fans.

Arrived at around 9:15am to the Sagrada Familia. Line took 1 and 1/5 hours for tickets and to enter. So arrive earlier, purchase ticket before your visit (would have been a mistake for us because we visited on a different day than we originally planned due to flight delays), or use a tour guide (they have a different entrance). Cost was about 12 E including elevator to near the top of one tower. You can ride up and down or ride up then walk down. Stairs are very narrow. We enjoyed the ride up, the views, and the walk down but you can’t be claustrophobic or afraid of heights.

Spent the last afternoon walking around the port area near the boardwalk and the Colon Monument. Then up La Ramblas to our hotel. We also purchased wine at liquorias that were located in La Ramblas, nice selections of Spanish wines and good prices to carry on our cruise.

That night we attended a concert at Palau de Musica Catalonia. We bought the tickets early the day before for 28 E each. The concert hall is beautiful. Concert began at 9 and ended at 11. We had dinner at midnight like Barcelonians do and was at the hotel at 2 am. Great end to a great visit.

Archived