Cute tshirts for first time kid cruisers-any ideas??

kfinfam

Our 3 kids will be cruising with us for the first time in December......today I was thinking it would be cute to make them tshirts for embarkation day :)

Anyone have any cute ideas? We have 14 and 16 year old girls, and an 11 month old baby boy.

we did tshirts for a bunch of our group last fall on customink.com. very happy with the prices, shipping, quality. but i think they have a minimum order number.

others have suggested the computer printed iron on sheets, but it's been my experience that those decals crack and peel within the first washing or two.

Maybe the teens would like something more along the lines of a fun, decorated canvas tote bag or something? you know them best. :)

Our 3 kids will be cruising with us for the first time in December......today I was thinking it would be cute to make them tshirts for embarkation day :)

Anyone have any cute ideas? We have 14 and 16 year old girls, and an 11 month old baby boy.

Have you asked the 2 girls what they think about the idea of "cute" tee shirts?

I was thinking the same thing- cute tee shirts may not mean the same thing to mom and to teens. But whatever- my only suggestion would be a neon color- bright bright bright so that you can see them in a crowd. Maybe they could do what they wanted with the shirts (well,within reason) if they all had the same bright color.

Valid points from everyone! To clarify....went I said "make" I did actually mean "print", which I have done several times on onesies for the baby, and they turn out SO cute! After a few washes they start to wear, yes, but the idea was just something fun for day 1 of the cruise and so I could get some cute pics of them :) They'd be super cheap to make so I wouldnt mind....

So my ideas for the baby were things like "cool cruiser" "newbie cruiser" "my mom and dad made me come on this cruise" (hahaha!)

Ideas for the girls were "Give me a high five, this is my first cruise!" "Cute & Cruisin" "Bahamas Bound".....

Would love to hear some more ideas though!!

When I was that age, you couldn't have paid me to wear this type of t shirt. Make sure they are "on board" before starting this project.

I have to agree with all the naysayers! I have several teens and none of them would ever wear such a shirt. It's fine for the baby, he can't talk yet, but I'd ask the teens first before wasting time and money.

How about for the older ones:

"My parents said I had to wear this shirt or I couldn't go on the cruise"

"My parents are bent if they think I'm wearing this shirt"

"I'm really not an L7, please ignore this lame shirt"

Please don't use the term "high five" for a shirt for your girls- it's now slang for HIV.

We did our first "family" tie dye project right out of a kit that we

bought at a craft store. I now notice that there are several different

kinds now to choose from. I think I even saw kits in the craft section at Walmart recently.

The kit we used was about $20 and contained everything needed to make about 6 or 8 shirts. You have to supply the shirts (100% cotton is best).

I'd recommend the Jacquard dyes. Colors take to the fabric well and wash well - very little fading in my experience.

The kits come with a way to make shirts using 3 or more

colors depending on whether you want to take the yellow, red, blue

and combine them in some way to make more colors.

My kids got to pick the design, the colors, etc. and really had a good time and they wear them. A lot. And I always can find my kids in a crowd - alone or together. My kids make t-shirts, I usually make a tank top or a button down golf shirt. You can find all kinds of shirts in 100% cotton so

even your teens and tweens could find a style and make a design and color that suits them.

We now make family tie dye shirts an annual event.

Archived