Newbie Questions. Amsterdam 22 Dec

ab0si

This will be my first HAL cruise, so please pardon my ignorance. Any help you can give me on the following questions will be appreciated. thanks

1) When are the cabins usually available? I hate schlepping my carry-on around.

2) Are the electrical sockets U.S. or European?

3) Are there alarm clocks in the room?

4) Is the steam/sauna area (whatever HAL calls it) coed? (i.e., swim suit needed?) what are the hours? I assume showers and towels available?

thanks

This will be my first HAL cruise, so please pardon my ignorance. Any help you can give me on the following questions will be appreciated. thanks

1) When are the cabins usually available? I hate schlepping my carry-on around. Typically 1:30

2) Are the electrical sockets U.S. or European? US, but there is a couple of odd plugs that might be multiuse.

3) Are there alarm clocks in the room? No

4) Is the steam/sauna area (whatever HAL calls it) coed? (i.e., swim suit needed?) what are the hours? I assume showers and towels available? Don't know the answer to that one.

thanks

See answers above.

All the cabins have both US and UK sockets.

The cabins will be ready about 1:30 -- sometimes earlier -- sometimes later. There is usually a place on the Lido Deck -- around the pool area where you can drop off your carry-ons -- a crew member is in charge. They will tag your bag -- make certain that it is locked. When you are ready to go to your cabin after the annoucement is made -- then you just go and pick it up.

Sorry -- I don;t know anything about the saunas either.

1) When are the cabins usually available? I hate schlepping my carry-on around.

2) Are the electrical sockets U.S. or European?

3) Are there alarm clocks in the room?

4) Is the steam/sauna area (whatever HAL calls it) coed? (i.e., swim suit needed?) what are the hours? I assume showers and towels available?

thanks

See answers to 1 - 3 above.

Sauna area on the Amsterdam is not coed. Saunas are located in the locker area for women and the men's is adjacent to one of the treatment rooms. Steam areas are coed and are located in the Spa area. Towels and showers are in the locker rooms. Hours have been 8a - 9p.

Bob

Archived