Has anyone brought something special for their room steward?

scrapmamma

Okay, so each week someone brings a jersey from their favorite team and leaves it as a gift. So after a six month contract the room steward has 26 different jerseys. Then what? Could you transport that much extra clothing home? What would you do with the jerseys from 26 teams you had never heard of (since there is zero chance your room steward is from the USA)?

If you want to help them out, bring a little extra cash, say $5 or $10 and put it in an envelope with a thank you note explaining that this gift is in addition to the the auto tip.

That is 26 times what- 10 cabins? That is closer to 260 jerseys, plus matching caps.

With very few exceptions, they are not my friends. They will remember me for as long as it takes for me to leave the ship. They are working. Given how dreadful some of the conditions are, they don't want to remember me, or what they did to support their family during these times. And I note very few exceptions since I am sure that some of you have carried on a relationship with them after your trip. A few. A very few. They have their own friends, their own families, and their own memories. And I leave a tip in cash. Usually the automatic plus an extra bit. And I leave my ginger pills, or give them to someone who is having seasick problems. Other than that, I try not to leave the cabin looking like a pigsty, and enforce pickup with my kids.

We sailed the Pride with our 5 year old grand daughter for Valentines day.

We went to the dollar store and got those little valentines cards that kids give out in school. The one we picked up had little heart shape taffys to put on them. We then had her sign her name to them- (practicing writing her name)

we also got a bag of hershey kisses.

On Valentines day--- all day --when ever we passed a crew member she gave them a card and said---happy valentines day. (we had 60 cards and she gave them all out by dinner. More then enough of them were pleased to be remembered on that day--- and those that she gave the card to remembered her the entire cruise and greeted her each time they saw her.

Most of those people she gave the hershey kissed to did not know what a hershey kiss was- She would hand over 2 kisses and say here is your valentines kisses.

Archived