Just off the Emerald

umpire30

...and a terrific cruise as usual! Really expected tropical storm issues in the Eastern Caribbean, but actually had incredibly smooth waters and great weather throughout. A little surprised that the gym did not open until 7:00 am, and the Promenade deck sometimes didn't open up until 6:30 or so, but otherwise, no complaints. A good turnout for the Susan G. Komen "On Deck for the Cure," and as for food, the rack of lamb in the Crown Grill was spectacular! Good to have finally met all the CC roll call folks. Bottom line---can't wait to cruise again!

Jim

...and a terrific cruise as usual! Really expected tropical storm issues in the Eastern Caribbean, but actually had incredibly smooth waters and great weather throughout. A little surprised that the gym did not open until 7:00 am, and the Promenade deck sometimes didn't open up until 6:30 or so, but otherwise, no complaints. A good turnout for the Susan G. Komen "On Deck for the Cure," and as for food, the rack of lamb in the Crown Grill was spectacular! Good to have finally met all the CC roll call folks. Bottom line---can't wait to cruise again!

Jim

What did you think about all those Santa's?? Who knew there was a Santa club..........:eek:.

Jan

Me and dw had a good time. The Santa's (at least some of them) were at the next table in Da Vinci - they were quite the crew!

Great food all around. We were one of the 4 couples that got to do the Chef's Table. OMG is all I can say. Keep in mind, they only book it for one night, and in this case just for 8 folks. I called as soon as we got on board and the attendant said "I have you on the list, you have to wait for an invite if you get selected" On Monday evening we had the invitation.

Sanctuary? BS is all I can say. Thermal Suite? OK, but a tad pricey.

Coffee card/Soda card - a must have IMO.

Jim

What do you mean Promenade Deck wasn't open? Doors?

On a whim, I looked at the Santas link posted earlier in this thread. I found out their group will be on a European cruise I'm considering next summer. :eek: Can anyone on this sailing speak to how their group affected the cruise environment? Santas are as unoffensive as it gets, but a large group can ruin any cruise, and the website advertises "hundreds of Santas will be onboard". How concerned should I be??

There is an upper portion of the Promenade Deck where you climb stairs and are really on the Emerald Deck. It's not open at night so as people won't be walking outside of people's cabins on the Emerald Deck.

The stairs are closed off from sunset to sunrise.

This is also a safety issue, as the ship is at sea at nights and there can be high winds in the promenade deck area around the bow of the ship.

I was on this cruise too! Loved it!

(I posted my review today: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1275253 )

I personally think its creepy to be a Santa, but the people themselves were very nice and polite. In no way did the group of them overtake any areas of the ship or seem overwhelming. (Because of the fact that they all looked alike, I don't think I realized there were so many on board! I thought I was seeing the same dozen over and over again, lol).

Jim

Jim,Quiet this week without you!

Archived