What time can you board a Boat?

texasnana

It's more like 12th and 49th or 51st. You'll see the ship and be able to stop at the right street. Glory was at 12th and 49th last weekend and we asked our taxi to go there and we walked across the street, dropped our bags off, and went up in the elevator to the boarding area.

I think the turnaround may be at 55th.

You can usually board around noon; some people show up much earlier than that, others later.

Not sure how long from JFK to terminl; will depend on traffic and I'd guess up to an hour.

Will be on the Glory 10/9 what time can we get to the terminal and start boarding? What is the street address of the terminal so i can give the shuttle company. I found 55th street and 12th? Also how long is the drive from jfk to terminal?

i usually get too the pier about 10:30 to start getting in line to board the

'' ship ''. on the carnival site under fqa it will let you click on a option to see pier directions. i cant tell you anything about the drive from jfk too the dock.

Will be on the Glory 10/9 what time can we get to the terminal and start boarding? What is the street address of the terminal so i can give the shuttle company. I found 55th street and 12th? Also how long is the drive from jfk to terminal?

You can usually board the "ship" around 11:30 (varies with how easily debarkation was for the previous cruise)

The shuttle company will know how to get there without a street address. The intersection you give is the correct address.(or at least, close enough)

Its quite a long drive, depending on traffic, since you have to come from JFK which is far to the east of Manhattan, all across Manhattan, to the Carnival pier on the Hudson River(the same spot where the Miracle on the Hudson occurred):). Several years ago, cabs were $60, so I took the shuttle also. It makes a few stops at other terminals at JFK to pick up other passengers, but was very inexpensive ($17) I thought. The entire trip from picking me up, to loading other passengers at other terminals, to going all the way across Manhattan probably took an hour. I'm not familiar with NY traffic, but it seemed to move along quite well. :)

The ship was empty on one of the cruises I took from NYC and with PLATINUM status my cruisemate and I got on 3rd and 4th ! !

On a Saturday morning in NYC, you should allow at least an hour, or an hour and a half if the shuttle makes other stops, to get from JFK to the pier. Direct taxi would be faster but more expensive. Hopefully you are doing carry on luggage for your flight, sometimes the wait for checked luggage can be lengthy, up to an hour, depends on your airline.

Its quite a long drive, depending on traffic, since you have to come from JFK which is far to the east of Manhattan, all across Manhattan, to the Carnival pier on the Hudson River(the same spot where the Miracle on the Hudson occurred):). The entire trip from picking me up, to loading other passengers at other terminals, to going all the way across Manhattan probably took an hour. I'm not familiar with NY traffic, but it seemed to move along quite well. :)

I am from NYC area. One hour is about right with no traffic. I would give an extra half hour in case you hit a little "bumper to bumper." It's not uncommon! ;)

Archived