Regatta

peenieang

Does anyone know if Oceania's ships are going in for major overhauls? We have been on all but Marina and they desperately need refurbishment...

I have no idea what you are talking about. :confused:

We have sailed on all three of the three ships that Oceania now operates and each one is more pristine and beautifully maintained than than next.

The ships are maintained to a very high standard on a day to day basis and periodically get "refreshed" in a shipyard where more in depth repairs are handled.

Does anyone know if Oceania's ships are going in for major overhauls? We have been on all but Marina and they desperately need refurbishment...

Desparate need :confused::confused:

I wonder when you sailed last

We just got off the Insignia in August & did not notice too many problems

But to answer your question I believe the Nautica was in drydock in in May 2010

Regatta is scheduled for Jan 2011 & Insignia Nov 2010

Someone will correct me if I am wrong

Lyn

I have no idea what you are talking about. :confused:

We have sailed on all three of the three ships that Oceania now operates and each one is more pristine and beautifully maintained than than next.

The ships are maintained to a very high standard on a day to day basis and periodically get "refreshed" in a shipyard where more in depth repairs are handled.

Likewise!

We have spent time on each of the ships, most recently 5 1/2 weeks on Insignia in April-May. The ship was in perfect condition inside and out so much so that we frequently commented on how well she was kept.:)

Perhaps the OP prefers the plastic and neon of Carnival, et. al. than the country club stye of furnishings on the O ships. As mentioned by others, the ships are in great condition and are constantly being maintained. There is a regular two year refurbishment schedule for each ship.

Desparate need :confused::confused:

I wonder when you sailed last

We just got off the Insignia in August & did not notice too many problems

But to answer your question I believe the Nautica was in drydock in in May 2010

Regatta is scheduled for Jan 2011 & Insignia Nov 2010

Someone will correct me if I am wrong

Lyn

Sailed Oct 2009 Regatta; 2008 Insignia...fantastic sailings...just thought the furnishings needs to be updated. Thanks for your reply

Sailed Oct 2009 Regatta; 2008 Insignia...fantastic sailings...just thought the furnishings needs to be updated. Thanks for your reply

I do not think people are being hostile...we just do not understand your comments.

What was wrong with the furnishings?

They looked fine to me...they were not worn or dirty so not sure what you feel needed updating

Did you want them more modern?

I believe they will be updated see the June 9th announcement

‘PILLARS OF DISTINCTION

http://www.oceaniacruises.com/corporate/mediacenter.aspx

Lyn

I also sailed Regatta Sep 2009, Insignia Nov 2008. Didn't detect anything that I considered " furnishings need to be updated". I guess you had the misfortune both times of being in cabins with furnishings that did not meet your expectations.

I don't think anyone is being hostile, I think we are all taken aback by the word "desperately", as that is not the case. Perhaps you prefer a more modern/contemporary style rather than "English". Again there is no hostility

Archived