First time on HAL. Question about cabin.

lv9777

We are booked on a Christmas cruise on Eurodam. We have a VC cabin and I'm wondering if it's adequate for our family of 4. 2 adults 2 teens. Don't have the money needed for a suite according to list price, another $2000.? What are all the posts about cheap upgrades? Are these offered to returning cruisers or last minute??? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

We are booked on a Christmas cruise on Eurodam. We have a VC cabin and I'm wondering if it's adequate for our family of 4. 2 adults 2 teens. Don't have the money needed for a suite according to list price, another $2000.? What are all the posts about cheap upgrades? Are these offered to returning cruisers or last minute??? Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Regarding the cabin size, adequate is the key word here, but doable. It will be tight, and if one of your teens is female, the bathroom may be an issue. Four people getting ready at the same time for diner will be fun. One possible solution is to have your husband/son use the locker room facilities with showers, towels etc.

Up-sells come in all shapes and sizes. Anyone can be offered one at many different price points. Usually happens 14-30 days before sailing, but sometimes just days before. Let HAL or your T/A know you are open to the idea.

We were in a VC for 2wks last fall on the Eurodam and it was great for 2 people. For 4 it will be a bit tight, but doable as mentioned above I imagine you won't be spending a ton of time in the cabin anways, but to sleep. The Eurodam is a beautiful ship, have a great time!

My sister is sailing on this ship with her teenagers and in the same boat as you. (no pun intended). She found a couple of verandahs geared to hold 4 people. You might want to take a look at your deck plan and see if these rooms are available. i don't think there would be a big difference in the price.

What we used to do when our kids were teens is take a verandah cabin for us and put them in an inside across the hallway.

The purser gave us an extra key to their cabin.

The kids had their own bathroom and we had our privacy. The cost was not much different than putting all 4 of us in one cabin.

We all hung out on our verandah, but when they went to bed, they couldn't have cared less that they had an inside.

Just a thought, if that works for you.

There is a special sale on now..3 day sale ...Your cruise is 'add 3/4 person from $199...You might see if it would benefit you to cancel and rebook...EM

Archived