Soda Card

court1683

Just got off the Freedom and for breakfast in the MDR they have a buffet with Orange and apple juice dispensers. You can fill any cup/glass you want with as much juice as you need. Don't think you can get juice at the bars though - but didn't ask.

Mark.

Sodas are $2 something a can. I think the soda card is $6 per day for the length of the cruise (with tax and the 15% gratuity it's $48.30 for a 7 night cruise). If you drink more than 3 sodas a day (like my DH) it's worth the price. Plus you get a nice insulated cup to take home. I don't think I've ever seen anyone get a glass of soda.

To answer the other question, milk is free in the MDR during all meals. Juice is free at breakfast and I'm not sure if it's available for lunch or dinner in the MDR (or at the Windjammer)

I think the kids soda cards are $4 per day, but mine are all grown so I'm not sure on that.

Plus you get a nice insulated cup to take home.

It is also handy on the island. I'm not into soda in the heat so fill it with water and it stays cold. You can keep sand out of your water easier with the cup and not waste their small plastic cups.

OP, the juice from the dispensers (apple, orange, and some sort of fruit punch, I think) at breakfast is available to anyone; they serve them in glasses for hygienic reasons. You can take a few glasses and refill your mug, if you want. But to answer you more specifically, soda is the only thing you can get in your mug from a bartender. There is a juice package, but you'll pay extra for it.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone get a glass of soda.

I buy the soda card and I never carry the insulated cup. I just show the card (sea pass with a sticker) and they bring me soda in a glass. At bars, in the dining room, in the theater, by the pool, etc.

I have a set of those cups that have never been used.

I buy the soda card and I never carry the insulated cup. I just show the card (sea pass with a sticker) and they bring me soda in a glass. At bars, in the dining room, in the theater, by the pool, etc.

We seldom use the cup either. It's a lot easier to just get it in the glass most times. We only use the soda cup on sea days by the pool and on Cococay/Labadee.

you can sell them on ebay - ha!ha!

I will be buying the soda card for the first time next month. I think it'll be worth it for me as I tend to drink two glasses during lunch and dinner and I like a sprite during the afternoons... c.

along with a generous portion of rum or vodka. We often have juice sent from room service and fill the cup with juice and rum or vodka (depending on the juice). We seldom carry the mug/cup and if you see us with the cup, you can bet it has rum or vodka with the juice. Sodas are around $2.75 so for us the cost of the soda card is well worth the price. Adults are @ $6 per day but for teens up to 18, the cost is $4 something. That is a serious bargain for us since we are carrying two 17 year olds.

I'm a big fan of the soda package. Adults €6 per day plus grats, Under 18s $4 per day. Neither my wife and I are big drinkers, so the package really works for us. Filling the cup at breakfast is no problem, two weeks ago, Vision OTS had apple juice at breakfast which was lovely.

Two small points

1. In my experience, the insulated cup is NOT watertight. We took filled cups ashore in backpacks once and they leaked. Maybe that was a once-off, but we've never chanced it since.

2. If you pre-book the package online and prepay by credit card, the Coca-Cola logo is embossed on the sea pass card rather than having a big red sticker on it.

Don't think you can get juice at the bars though - but didn't ask.

Mark.

You can, but you may get a dirty look at there is no tip involved with it. If you have the soda card and try to get one at a busy pool bar, they all but ignore you.

along with a generous portion of rum or vodka. We often have juice sent from room service and fill the cup with juice and rum or vodka (depending on the juice). We seldom carry the mug/cup and if you see us with the cup, you can bet it has rum or vodka with the juice. Sodas are around $2.75 so for us the cost of the soda card is well worth the price. Adults are @ $6 per day but for teens up to 18, the cost is $4 something. That is a serious bargain for us since we are carrying two 17 year olds.

Glad you posted this. My DS will be 14 and I assumed he'd be an adult soda card. I'll definitely buy all 3 kids soda cards.

Your post also made me think of another ?, even though it's a little off topic. On CCL, you can pre-order a bottle of booze for you cabin via Bon Voyage. Does RCCL have anything like that? Thanks!

Glad you posted this. My DS will be 14 and I assumed he'd be an adult soda card. I'll definitely buy all 3 kids soda cards.

Your post also made me think of another ?, even though it's a little off topic. On CCL, you can pre-order a bottle of booze for you cabin via Bon Voyage. Does RCCL have anything like that? Thanks!

I believe your son will still fall under the child soda card package as I think it goes to the age of 17 but don't quote me on it. As far as the booze, go to the Royal Caribbean website and they have a section under Gifts and Gear.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/giftcatalog/category/home.do;jsessionid=0000yzIL9ID854f3kZTqeq85mvU:12hdhu6tq?catCode=WINE

Just got off the Freedom and for breakfast in the MDR they have a buffet with Orange and apple juice dispensers. You can fill any cup/glass you want with as much juice as you need. Don't think you can get juice at the bars though - but didn't ask.

Mark.

So I can bring my 52oz Bubba Keg then? If I want juice in my room? :D

Archived