Colima and La Campana

Rosefloater

Has anyone done this tour? What are your thoughts about it?

I plan on doing this tour thru the ship. I know that I can do the tour thru outside companies for less money, but for this excursion I would rather do this thru the ship for piece of mind since it is an all day tour.

Colonial Tour

Feel like you’ve traveled back in time as you experience the history of Manzanillo on this magical tour.

On this excursion you will:

* Begin with a scenic drive to the main square of Colima.

* Be guided to Colima’s beautiful 19th century cathedral, the regional museum of history and the government palace.

* Continue on to the recently discovered ruins of the pyramids of La Campana.

* Drive to the 500-year old village of Comala, located in the shadows of two volcanoes.

* Enjoy a snack and beverages at a local restaurant before heading back to the pier.

Great choice to take a ships tour in Manzanillo, as it typically is the least favorite port. Colima seems far, so there will likely be a stop or two, and an entertaining tour guide. Many folks take the shuttle to the nearby ship area shopping, and are not overwhelmed with the the experience. We try to visit up towards Santiago bay's Las Hadas and Audiencia beach. Have read folks enjoy the ships tours to outlying areas.

Have fun!

The fish statue is the highlight of the area shopping near the ship in Manzanillo

IMG_3202.jpg

Las Hadas

STP61972-1.jpg

Perhaps people don't like Manzanillo because they don't go out into the countryside to see what is there??

We really loved our tour to Colima and its surrounding small towns!!

Are there any "not to miss" sights?

I agree with you. We were in Manzanillo last year and liked it. This is true for most people visiting foreign cities.

• 4 weeks later...

Have to agree the ship's tour to Colima, pyramids, etc was very good. The countryside is beautiful, also enjoyed the museum stop and the bus driver/tour guide was excellent. I was amazed that we could climb around on the ruins. Highly recommend this tour (& I normally don't do ship tours). Laurie

We did this tour through the ship and loved it. Colima is a very nice town and enjoyed just wandering around. The pyramids are interesting and we really liked Comala. One of the volcanoes even "belched" for us while we were at the pyramids. The tour is well worth the time and $$. We highly recommend this tour.

Richard

Archived