Conquest vs. Splendor vs. Spirit (7/8 nights)

xerenthar

I am looking to go on a cruise the week in between Christmas and New Year's. I've narrowed it down to three different Carnival cruises (the prices include a flight):

7 nights on Conquest, $1157

7 nights on Splendor, $1359

8 nights on Spirit, $1173

The locations are pretty much equal for me. The 8 night on Spirit is the best deal nights-for-dollar wise, obviously. Are either the Conquest or the Splendor markedly better enough than the Spirit that it'd be worth it to pay either slightly less (Conquest) for one night fewer, or even worth paying more for fewer nights?

Thanks everyone :)

EDIT: I know the Spirit is an older (ish) ship, and the Splendor's one of the bigger new ones... and Conquest is right in the middle... that's why I ask. First time cruiser, while my girlfriend is a veteran, she's never been on Carnival.

Another vote for the SPIRIT . . . wins hands down. She has the IDEAL layout of all Carnival ships, IMHO.

Didn't care for the layout of the SPLENDOR that much, although she duplicates the OPEN to the sea AFT LIDO deck that I love in the SPIRIT class. The rest of her just too much like a Conquest class.

The CONQUEST . . . not without a gun to my head. :D

Yup, having been on two spirit class ships (Legend and Pride, sister ships to the spirit) and the conquest a few months ago, absolutely without any doubt do the spirit cruise, especially over the conquest. You mentioned the price included airfare, what you will find is transferring from either of the houston airports to Galveston is expensive and can be a royal pain in the butt to try and find an economical way to get there.

We are going on the splendor next may so I've just started my research etc so I can't offer any opinion about the splendor, but for sure the spirit class ships are hands down better then conquest class ships, IMHO.

My family would try to get on the spirit class ships but my kids are still to young not to go without a connecting cabin and price wise connecting balcony rooms are still too much so we are stuck with connecting OV rooms which are found on the splendor/conquest etc.

Either way you will have a good time.

I have been on the Spirit two times this year (Alaska and Mexico) and love the ship, the layout, food, shows, etc.

One other big plus is that the cruise ship dock in San Diego is very close to the airport and affordable hotels/motels.

Jen in SoCal

Yup, having been on two spirit class ships (Legend and Pride, sister ships to the spirit) and the conquest a few months ago, absolutely without any doubt do the spirit cruise, especially over the conquest. You mentioned the price included airfare, what you will find is transferring from either of the houston airports to Galveston is expensive and can be a royal pain in the butt to try and find an economical way to get there.

We are going on the splendor next may so I've just started my research etc so I can't offer any opinion about the splendor, but for sure the spirit class ships are hands down better then conquest class ships, IMHO.

My family would try to get on the spirit class ships but my kids are still to young not to go without a connecting cabin and price wise connecting balcony rooms are still too much so we are stuck with connecting OV rooms which are found on the splendor/conquest etc.

Either way you will have a good time.

Archived