thermal suite

claudiaj

We were on the CB last year the week of T-giving. Since I had never been on Princess before we did a ships tour to get the lay out. DH loved the thermal suite on RCCL and Disney so thought that would be a nice benefit for him. During the tour we were told how much it was for the week-which I cannot remember at this time-I want to say $80.00 p/p-but could be off. Anyway the first day or two I noticed many people were coming in and new they had not all paid for it-no attendents, no wrist band no nothing-anyone could walk in. To make a very long story short I spoke to the manager of the spa, customer service anyone that would listen and the spa manager refused to refund my money even tho it was basically "open" to the public.

If you are interested in the thermal suite before paying for it check out what sort of

system they have for monitoring who goes in-otherwise-just walk in anytime.

We were on the CB last year the week of T-giving. Since I had never been on Princess before we did a ships tour to get the lay out. DH loved the thermal suite on RCCL and Disney so thought that would be a nice benefit for him. During the tour we were told how much it was for the week-which I cannot remember at this time-I want to say $80.00 p/p-but could be off. Anyway the first day or two I noticed many people were coming in and new they had not all paid for it-no attendents, no wrist band no nothing-anyone could walk in. To make a very long story short I spoke to the manager of the spa, customer service anyone that would listen and the spa manager refused to refund my money even tho it was basically "open" to the public.

If you are interested in the thermal suite before paying for it check out what sort of

system they have for monitoring who goes in-otherwise-just walk in anytime.

I had access to the thermal suite on the Emerald (2008) and Ruby (2009) due to booking a suite. In both cruises I noted the thermal suite wsa never crowded. On the Emerald, I noted they were always checking your card for the sticker or the wristband. On the Ruby (2009) I never saw any crewmember in the thermal suite nor ws I checked at all.....

Bob

When I was on the Island, it was in the spa and you checked in at the spa on your way to the thermal suite.

I didn't try and use it w/o paying and only once during the entire week did I notice a crowd as a group of women who were obviously together pretty much monopolized the room at that time.

I have sailed on Crown snd CB and have used the steam and sauna in the regular locker room. What is in the thermal suite and did you think it was worth it. We bought into the amazing thermal suite on NCL Pearl and that was amazing but we didn't see anything like it on princess. Please advise. THANKS

Last Sept I used the thermal suite on the Saphire and enjoyed it. It was never really crowded. Had the sticker on my card which they checked at the spa desk. I don't recall anyone checking in the thermal spa though. Anyone know what the thermal spa is like on the Coral? Going on the coral on a r/t Panama Canal the end of Oct. Thanks

The Thermal Suite is co-ed. Since I see you are sailing the Emerald in October be aware there are "free" steam and sauna rooms you can use. Those are NOT co-ed (separate area for men and women) and the areas contains several glassed showers, changing rooms, lots of clean towels and lockers. If you need/want either a locker key or a robe exchange your stateroom key at the Lotus Spa desk for them.

I purchased the thermal spa pass for the entire cruise on the Caribbean Princess and loved it... i used it a few times a day and always took a mid day 20 min power nap on the heated stone loungers followed by steam room and the various showers they had for a quick wake me up and 2nd wind.

I am sailing on the Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean in April and plan on getting the Thermal Spa Pass again. I also plan on reserving chairs in the Sanctuary as well. Yes I know bit hit right off the bat but love the fact that I can have peace and quiet when I want it. Was just wondering if anyone who sailed on the Ruby can clarify or confirm for me the layout. In looking at the deck plans it looks like the Lotus Spa pool is a quick walk down a flight of steps from the Sanctuary and the Lotus Spa itself another flight below that. It all seems to be in the same area and really convenient. Please advise if it is otherwise and I am reading this wrong!

My two experiences were very different.

Coral in 2008 - Cost was $150/couple for a 14 day cruise; the Thermal Suite was right near the spa desk; gave cruise card to person at the desk and got a key to the locker room, but if you didn't need a locker then you just went right into the suite after you are supposed to still leave your card at the desk; had a sticker on cruise card to show you paid for the TS. It was crowded everyday but no one ever checked to see if only paying members were there.

Crown in 2010 - Cost was $199/couple for a 14 day cruise; the Thermal Suite was down a flight of stairs quite a distance from spa desk; gave cruise card to the person at the desk and they gave you a rubber band to put on your arm to signify that you were allowed to use the suite, but no one ever checked it - as a matter of fact, I never saw any workers in the suite at all; they would also give you a key for a locker if you wanted one; they put a colored star on the cruise card to show that you paid for the TS. It was not crowded at all - most times no one was there.

I like the TS sauna and steam rooms better than the "free" ones - they have gentler heat and steam. The others are quite hot and powerful. Also, the seats are made of tile instead of wood so they felt really good to sit on (even better than the heated loungers which weren't all that warm). We had 9 sea days on my last cruise, so I used the TS often. But for a port intensive cruise, I doubt that I would pay for it - just use the free sauna/steam room.

Just returned from Carribean Princess and used the heated tile bed daily, even with a port intensive itinerary. The price was $99 single person, or $149 for two. They now give a yellow wrist band to avoid people sneaking in without paying. The tile beds were never full, always got one right away. The steam rooms and sauna were nearly always empty. Loved the feeling of getting away from the bustle of the ship for some quiet time.

I love these on Holland, but when we purchased it on the Crown we were told several times that it was full come back later so I did not feel like we got our money's worth, I am going to say we only used it 2 times maybe 3 the whole week and not together, it was alway's busy. I normally really enjoy relaxing on those warm tiles and my husband gets alot of use out of the steam sauna.

I am sailing on the Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean in April and plan on getting the Thermal Spa Pass again. I also plan on reserving chairs in the Sanctuary as well. ...........

Was just wondering if anyone who sailed on the Ruby can clarify or confirm for me the layout. In looking at the deck plans it looks like the Lotus Spa pool is a quick walk down a flight of steps from the Sanctuary and the Lotus Spa itself another flight below that. It all seems to be in the same area and really convenient. Please advise if it is otherwise and I am reading this wrong!

Yes the Sanctuary is on Deck 17 and the Lotus Spa Pool, along with the Spa itself is on Deck 16. The Lotus Spa Thermal Spa is located on Deck 15

on the Crown we were told several times that it was full come back later

Didn't you go check for yourself??? Why would you just take someone's word for it??

I just got off the Crown 5 days ago and was in the Thermal Suites nearly everyday of our 14 day cruise (and on a cold weather cruise that ended up with 9 sea days too!). There was only one time when the beds were full, so I started out in the sauna - which was empty. Then when a bed became available I got it. The steam room never had more than 1 other person and sauna never had anyone else. BTW, around 5pm it's totally empty. ;)

Didn't you go check for yourself??? Why would you just take someone's word for it??

I just got off the Crown 5 days ago and was in the Thermal Suites nearly everyday of our 14 day cruise (and on a cold weather cruise that ended up with 9 sea days too!). There was only one time when the beds were full, so I started out in the sauna - which was empty. Then when a bed became available I got it. The steam room never had more than 1 other person and sauna never had anyone else. BTW, around 5pm it's totally empty. ;)

When we were on the Crown you were supposed to check-in at the desk and leave your card and I did not know you could go in if they did not take my card, I just followed the rules. I will say that I do believe the attendent, because when I did use the facilities it was very busy in there not quiet and relaxing like it should be. I really feel like they over sold the passes that cruise, or maybe people that did not belong in there were going in anyway, I don't know.

Archived