Private Table for Traditional Dining?

My booking agent (RCI rep, not a private travel agent) asked if I would like a private table or to be seated with other dinner guests. I asked for a private table since my family of 5 would take up most of the table and I wouldn't want my three children to disrupt the experience of other cruisers--especially couples who chose to leave their children at home for a getaway. :o However, on the web site for my reservation, it just lists Traditional Dining 6 pm. Should something else be listed there if it's a private table? I'm sort of wondering if you CAN even get a private table with traditional dining--or is it a mistake not being listed as MTD, where you just get a table to fit your party?

It will not say on your booking ..only your dining times..We always have a table reserved (traditional dining) for how many will be sailing with us..we don't care to share a table with anyone else..Usually it's a table for two but it has been 5 or 6 when needed..Nice that you were asked since some can forget ..as that's something I always request when I make my booking and have always had it work out..You might want to go to the dining room when you get onboard to check on your table..the # will be on your SeaPass card..if it's not to your liking speak up !!! Good luck and enjoy !!

Ashland gave you good advice. We typically request a table for two and our T/A submits our request but frequently we find ourselves at larger tables when we got to the dining room after boarding to check our table as shown on our seapass card. There will be something posted in the Daily Compass telling you when and where the Maitre'd will be available for dining inquiries. If your table is not to your liking, be sure to see the Maitre'd as soon as possible to insure your request is honored. Bon Voyage!

Be sure to go early. We wanted to confirm that we were assigned to a private table and check on the location. It was not to our liking and they switched no problem. Only we accepted too quickly and it was not much better than the first. Went to do all the typical things you do on embarkation day and hours later, the switch was still bothering me. We went back and there was a massive line of people wanting to do the same thing. They were still very accomodating but it just took a long time.

Make this one of the first things you check and you will be set for the remainder of the cruise. Have fun!

Be sure to go early. We wanted to confirm that we were assigned to a private table and check on the location. It was not to our liking and they switched no problem. Only we accepted too quickly and it was not much better than the first. Went to do all the typical things you do on embarkation day and hours later, the switch was still bothering me. We went back and there was a massive line of people wanting to do the same thing. They were still very accomodating but it just took a long time.

Make this one of the first things you check and you will be set for the remainder of the cruise. Have fun!

When making a change the Maitre'd will show you the seating chart if you ask..Then go look for yourself..We were changed to a great table by the window according to the chart..but when we went to look it was not by the window..We went right back to the Maitre'd..didn't have to stand inline again, and told him ..he then walked with us and it seems the waiters had put the wrong #'s on the tables...things do happen..so always know what you're getting and "speak" up...;)

Tables are set up in 2, 4, 6, 8, 10 and 12-tops. I would assume your family of 5 will be at a table for 6. No problem. As stated, when you first board go check out your table and see if it's going to be sufficient for you. It might be a table for 8 but there might only be the 5 of you there; remember, there is another seating coming in after you and they will re-set the table after you leave (which might be required to be set for 8 people).

Please try not to worry about it; there is nothing you can do until you are actually onboard. Have a great cruise. :)

Archived