Duck Duck Cruise’s Panama Canal Cruise Blog - LIVE on the Coral Princess

Duck Duck Cruise

We are really excited about our cruise on the Coral Princess from Vancouver, B.C. down the west coast of the US and Mexico, into Costa Rica, through the Panama Canal, on to Cartagena (Colombia), then to Aruba, and finally Fort Lauderdale.

We are planning on doing some geocaching in most of the ports, replacing a missing cache in Panama so that other cruising Geocachers can find one there, and placing some caches in Puntarenas, Costa Rica since there are none near the port.

We have never been on the Coral Princess but have heard great things about the ship. We start our travels from home, fly out of Eugene, Oregon through Seattle and on to Vancouver on Friday. We will be staying at the Hyatt Regency Downtown in Vancouver that night. On Saturday we will board the Coral Princess and begin our 18 Day cruise.

We will be blogging during the cruise and you can follow our adventures there and on this thread on Cruise Critic. Since we are not in a suite this time, we have to pay for our internet time on the ship so we will upload the photos and videos we take when we return home since they take an eternity to upload from the ship.

The Blog site is: http://thegeomonkeys.com/category/panama/

We will be happy to answer any questions that we can for you.

We don’t do formal night in the MDR so we won’t count how many people dress up and to what degree they dress up there. Our post to the many dreaded “dress code” threads will need to suffice. I’m sure you’ve all read it and either love it or hate it.

We will eat at the specialty restaurants (formal nights) and will review them also. We will attempt to do the Chef’s Table again on this cruise. We will review our meals throughout the cruise and posts pictures on our return.

We will be taking photos of every public space on the ship and will include the photos in the blog when we return. Also, we will post photos of our cabin, mini suite D726, and any others that we may have the pleasure of seeing during the cruise (with permission of the residents of the cabin).

Our Travel Monkey, Sun Wukong, will be traveling with us and a friend of his, Brew Bear will join us. Look out for their hijinks around the ship and in the ports. On our cruise to Hawaii this year we had lots of people ask if the Travel Monkey has a facebook page, and now he does. You can become his friend on facebook if you like. Look for the pink monkey named Sun Wukong.

margaritas-acupulco-restaurant1.jpg

We hope you enjoy our posts during this cruise and hope it may inspire you to take a cruise through the Canal if you get the chance. It has been on our bucket list for a long, long time and now we are ready to go!

Bon Voyage!

I can't wait to read your blog; I am doing Panama Canal next year, Ft. Lauderdale to LA.

I will be in the cabin that is right next to yours, so I am looking forward to your reviews of the cabin, as well as its location on the ship.

A few questions I will have:

How busy is that public aft area during the transit? During the rest of the trip?

I will be following you all the way, just as I did your Hawaii cruise blog before I took my own trip in April.

Have a great trip!!

What a fun idea for a blog!!! Can't wait to join you on the ship in LA. We are sooooo excited for this cruise. See you (and travel monkey) at the Meet & Greet. You will have to explain geocaching. I know a little and it sounds like fun.

The basics are:

You use a billion dollar satellite system to hunt for tupperware in the woods.

I can't wait to read your blog; I am doing Panama Canal next year, Ft. Lauderdale to LA.

I will be in the cabin that is right next to yours, so I am looking forward to your reviews of the cabin, as well as its location on the ship.

A few questions I will have:

How busy is that public aft area during the transit? During the rest of the trip?

I will be following you all the way, just as I did your Hawaii cruise blog before I took my own trip in April.

Have a great trip!!

Those are pretty much the same questions we have. I'm hoping to

meet the people next to us and take photos from their balcony to compare to the view from ours since we won't have the divider to the stern. And then answer once and for all the question of how much the window washing equipment minimizes your view. Probably a lot less than the divider between balconies.

Looking forward to another great trip with you guys!

I love the Coral, have sailed her twice, she seems like home to me. I was just in Vancouver and found a nice restaurant on the water called Lift. It's right next to the Bayshore Westin. From your hotel about a $7 CAD cab ride. Great view and the best salmon!

This cruise is on my list! I actually got to sail Hawaii not long after you, so who knows, maybe this trip is on the horizon!

Service was very good, we sat outside and enjoyed the best view of the harbor. Have fun!

Popping in to wish you Bon Voyage! Remember us from the Hawaii Cruise last January - Malcolm and Betty. What a great group we had.

The Panama cruise on the Coral is my favorite so far. We are doing the Hawaii again on the Goden next February.

I will be following your trip with interest.

BEST wishes

Betty

Popping in to wish you Bon Voyage! Remember us from the Hawaii Cruise last January - Malcolm and Betty. What a great group we had.

The Panama cruise on the Coral is my favorite so far. We are doing the Hawaii again on the Goden next February.

I will be following your trip with interest.

BEST wishes

Betty

Hi Betty! Of course we remember you two. How have you been? After this trip we are going to wait until 2012 to do Hawaii again. We really need to build a garage next year so the cruise money goes to it for a year.

Say Hi to Malcolm. Who knows, maybe in two years we can sail with you guys again.

I am looking forward to your posts. I am wanting to do a panama canal cruise but alas I am a poor parent of a college student, and who has now decided to go to grad school. Luckily she has left me enough money to pay for my internet. So that is how I now get to travel and experience the great cruises.

I am so looking forward to your trip and reading about it. I have been following your "pre trip" blog as well. My family and 18 friends will be on the Coral Panama 10 day over thanksgiving. Most of us are mid ship Mini's, If you happen to get a chance to take pics there. :)

My parents are renewing their vows on this trip so your impression of the chapel would just be bonus.. :D

Have fun.

Wonderful to hear from you - Let's keep in touch and maybe by 2012 we can entice some of the "old" gang to join us for a reunion. I am in touch often with Venez and hope to see her and her Mom around Christmas.

Will be on here everyday watching for your reports.

Have a GREAT TIME!

Betty

Archived