Can anyone who has sailed both Enchantment and Explorer provide a comparison please..

We are wanting to do a 5-day cruise to Bermuda next September for our 25th anniversary and we're looking at the Explorer and the Enchantment. I know the Explorer is newer and bigger but otherwise, we've never sailed RCI so have no knowledge of their ships. The Enchantment is basically in our backyard but actually a bit more than the Explorer.

So as far as ship amenities go, what are the advantages of one over the other?

Thanks so much for any information.

I have done both ships and would take the Explorer again and if you look at my signature, I am doing just that. I live near Philly so pretty much in the middle of Cape Liberty and Baltimore. I looked at both ships, pricing, and itinerary and Explorer won out for the following reasons.

1) The crew is the best on any ship I have been on in the past.

2) Explorer has the royal promenade.

3) The Enchantment is in port for a few less hours.

4) The Enchantment is there on a Sunday when a lot of places will be closed and there will be limited bus and ferry service.

There is no comparison as far as Enchantment vs. Explorer, Enchantment crew are fantastic their service is top knotch, we have sailed this ship several times both out of Florida and Panama. We sailed Explorer once and have no desire to sail on her again, don't get me wrong we sail Adventure, & Voyager all the time (the same size) but with a different attitude by the crew. Yes Explorer gives you more amenities on board, but the atmosphere on Enchantment far outweighs the difference in size. She has a beautiful pool deck if you like to sunbathe, and is unique in design due to the stretch they did on her. have a great cruise no matter which one you choose:)

No comparison. Explorer. Don't get me wrong, I love Enchantment; have sailed on her at least 8x, but the Voyager-class ships (of which Explorer is one) offer quite a bit more in the WOW! factor as well as passenger offerings. The older Vision-class ships (Enchantment and her 5 sisters) are nice ships... but in many (but not all) cases, newer is better, and Explorer is the next generation compared to Enchantment.

The exception to this might be is you are not interested in a greater variety of shops/restaurants/entertainment and simply like being at sea. If you find yourself spending most of your time on your balcony or the promenade deck, and don't really care about the pool/ice rink/mini golf, etc. then Enchantment might be just fine.

Steve in Raleigh

Our family has sailed Celebrity's Infinity as well as RCI's Voyager and Freedom. We enjoyed all three ships. Each had their own specialness. Was just wondering if anyone knows how the Enchantment compares to the Infinity. We're going on the Enchantment next summer. Will my granddaughters be disappointed, keeping in mind, the trip to Alaska was one of their favorites, even against the Freedom's size and amenities. Has anyone used the kid's program on Enchantment. That's the big draw for the girls (ages 7 and 9)

Has anyone used the kid's program on Enchantment. That's the big draw for the girls (ages 7 and 9)

I can partly answer your question. My son has loved every RC cruise because of the kids program. He makes tons of new friends and I have to pull him away to spend time with us. The Enchantment also has the bunjee trampoline which he loved too.

I've been on both ships; the Enchantment most recently...

Either ship will be a good choice...

The age of the ships isn't too important; RCI keeps them up VERY well.

Comparing the crews on board isn't too useful, unless you know who's going to be working when you are on board.

I'm not big on ice skating; so that's not a factor for me. Explorer's promanade is nice, but I can take it or leave it.

Getting the the port in Baltimore is SO much easier than Cape Liberty, and with fewer people on board, check in isn't too bad.

Both Explorer and Enchantment leave on a Saturday, and are in Bermuda from Mon - 2pm. the explorer gets in at 9, the encht. gets in at 10 - and the explorer stays 3 hours longer on Tue.

For me, unless there was a HUGE price benefit, I would go on Enchantment only because its closer to me; easier to get to; and you don't have to take a shuttle bus after check in to get to the ship!

Aloha,

John

Have been on Explorer 3 times and Enchantment once. While I enjoyed Explorer, I much prefer Enchantment. The Promenade on Explorer is nice but it has too much of a mall feeling for me, I feel more "on the ocean" on Enchantment. And I really like the pool area better on Enchantment. The crew on both ships worked very hard but I did think the Enchantment crew seemed happier. My husband and I both liked the theater on the Enchantment better, since it was smaller, it seemed more intimate.

Sherri:)

NOBODY is gonna have the magic answer for you on this one. Some are going to like Explorer and some are going to like Enchantment. I have been on both and will tell you this

YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH EITHER SHIP!!!!!

Any decision will be the right one.

Tim

Explorer is quite a bit larger than Enchantment. If you'll go to Royal Carribean's website, they list the ships in classes according to size, bells and whistles, etc. This will give you a better idea of the differences between the two. You can also see a diagram of each ship, with all the venues and cabins pictured.

Enchantment is our favorite ship so far, even though Explorer was our first cruise and got us hooked! It depends on what you are looking for on a ship which one will work best for you. They are both great ships, so you can't go wrong!

Good luck!

I have such precious memories of the Enchantment and always long to return to her. She is a beauty as all of RCI ships, but there is truly something special about her. I will return to her November, 2010. The Explorer is larger and breathtaking also. I enjoy the Promenade and always go for the Promenade View Room. The parades are something to look forward to watching from your room. I would sail them both in a heart beat, but with so many options it takes a while to return to them. You should have no problem enjoying your cruise on either ship. Make it a great day.

NOBODY is gonna have the magic answer for you on this one. Some are going to like Explorer and some are going to like Enchantment. I have been on both and will tell you this

YOU CANNOT GO WRONG WITH EITHER SHIP!!!!!

Any decision will be the right one.

Tim

I agree with Tim. :)

Archived