Cannes port - from ruby 10/8 ta sailing

cruisin56

Hi cruisin56,

Come on over to our Roll Call.

A number of cruisers have formed private tours. Couldn't tell you whether there are any openings at this late date, but it's worth a check.

We did a private excursion last September of Cannes, Nice, Monaco and Eze. This visit we're doing a Princess excursion to Nice and St. Paul de Vence.

See you onboard...

Lew

forgive me for being stupid, but I have been on this Roll Call and see lots of info but I don't see any specific tours or group tours mentioned. Any chance you can tell me exactly what group tours are scheduled and how do i make arrangements..

thanks

If you do not find anybody to share tour with:

They are waiting for you at the tender pier:

2009NCLGEM70209-vi.jpg

Or you just go on Bus 8 which takes you to the peninsular of Antibes:

2009NCLGEM70211-vi.jpg

Bus stops in front of the parking.

Or there is a little train tour:

2009NCLGEM70212-vi.jpg

Or you just walk like suggested from the Tourist Office:

2009NCLGEM70208-vi.jpg

It's all in walkable distance.

The tourist office is just at the tender pier with a little branch and can help you to create your own tour.

You can go to Nice, Monte Carlo, Eze... so many places you can do yourself.

Very cheap is also to go to Grasse the Perfume City, just for 1 EUR per bus ride.

Regards

HeinBloed

Here is what we did in July:

Cannes

Our first stop of the cruise was Cannes, home of the famous international film festival. As became the norm, we were in the first wave off the ship. Our plan for this port was to spend the morning exploring the town, then enjoy lunch, and then catch a ferry to the Isle Sainte-Margierite, a small island off of Cannes. Our first stop was the Museum de la Castre, which while interesting also had an old Roman watch tower you could climb that offered spectacular views of all of Cannes. Next we visited two churches, Notre-Dame D'Espérance and Chapelle de la Miséricorde, which were nothing spectacular but interesting. We than spent about an hour walking along the shops on Rue Félix Faure, the main shopping street of Cannes. This was more enjoyable for Barbara and Courtney than for me but I knew I had to pay my dues. By this time we had worked up an appetite so we began scouting the restaurants. Despite my careful planning, the restaurant I had picked before hand, L’Assiete Provencale was closed, so we had to wing it. It turned out that we did a pretty good job as we shared a yummy pizza and a sandwich at Brasserie Bar Tabac. It is amazing how good a sandwich can be on really good fresh bread. After that, we were off to the ferry for the Isle Sainte-Margierite. This island has a fort/prison, maritime museum, as well as a beautiful (but small) beach. It is where the “Man in the Iron Mask” (reputedly Louis XIV brother) was held prisoner in the 1600’s. The island also had some interesting nature walks. After a few hours of exploring we were back on the ferry and then back on the ship.

Kirk

Any chance you can tell me exactly what group tours are scheduled

If you go to the Roll Call and click on Search this Forum and enter the search term tour, about 250 messages containing that term will be returned. Scan down the most recent messages to see if anything is available. It's quite late and private tours may be full.

I suggest you either follow HeinBloed's advice or go to your Princess Personalizer and book one of their excursions. If you do book a Princess excursion and find someone to tour with after boarding, you can usually cancel your Princess excursion 24-48 hours before the scheduled start of the excursion.

Good luck...

Lew

Thank you, Heinbloed, for the great pictures . I was wondering about the taxi fare to St. Paul de Vence. The fare shows 150 euros. Is that one way or round trip? Has anyone ever taken a taxi there? Thanks

It's a tour price.

Check here:

http://www.taxicannes.fr/htgb/frameset1.htm

and contact them to ask for the duration of the tour and for the availability of an English speaking driver.

Regards

HeinBloed

Archived