LIVE from the Sapphire - 33 days from Seattle to Sydney

Pia1913

Welcome to Honolulu; a glorious morning. We got up at 7:00 and the ship was already here. And...... it is HOT!

This will be brief since we are off and running to do our chores. Yes……..shopping at Walmart; our tasks du jour. So many more items needed that we weren’t able to take with us because of airline weight restrictions. And, we still have 8 weeks to go. No tours for us. We’ve been here lots of times and a few times for extended periods. Though we love cruising, touching terra firma after a while is also nice.

To all of you commenting on Christchurch, I am well aware of the listed arrival schedule. However, what I said was there are no excursions being sold yet, whereas shorex are being sold for every other port. I will let you know if more info becomes available.

As for wine selections.......... same old, same old. Nobilo, la Crema, Kendall Jackson and two others I don't recall. The only one I like is the Nobilo sauvignon blanc.

See you later.

Good for you Pia, Nobillo is one of our favorites and we are hoping to go to the winery on our Auckland Wine tour. We live in Sacramento and it is going to be 100 today, so hot is always relative. By the way, I hate the "hot".

Welcome to Honolulu; a glorious morning. We got up at 7:00 and the ship was already here. And...... it is HOT!

This will be brief since we are off and running to do our chores. Yes……..shopping at Walmart; our tasks du jour. So many more items needed that we weren’t able to take with us because of airline weight restrictions. And, we still have 8 weeks to go. No tours for us. We’ve been here lots of times and a few times for extended periods. Though we love cruising, touching terra firma after a while is also nice.

To all of you commenting on Christchurch, I am well aware of the listed arrival schedule. However, what I said was there are no excursions being sold yet, whereas shorex are being sold for every other port. I will let you know if more info becomes available.

As for wine selections.......... same old, same old. Nobilo, la Crema, Kendall Jackson and two others I don't recall. The only one I like is the Nobilo sauvignon blanc.

See you later.

Enjoy your day! :)

See you later.

Pia;

Thanks for thee wine tasting information. Have a great day in Hawaii.....:):):)

Bob

See you later.

What we were saying was, Sapphire is still expected by the Port of Lyttleton! but we're sorry for interfering. Enjoy the rest of your cruise.

Hi all......... post dinner drop-in. Needed to get some info so might as well say hello. I like beer; maybe we'll do that Dunedin tour. Still lots of time. Ship is not selling Christchurch shorex which leads us to believe we are not stopping. I don't want to start rumors before we get any definitive announcement, but strange that no tours available.

Running to watch a movie. Talk tomorrow from Honolulu, though maybe not early in the day.

Maybe they are waiting to see what it will be like. According to Des at ITrails the city is open for tourism again. Maybe Princess is erring on the side of caution (did I say that right?). Maybe you will get in there yet and Akaroa is taking the place of Lyttleton on our return voyage.

Loved hearing about your Honolulu stop; sounds much like us. If it's PV, it's WalMart, if it's St. Thomas Havensight, it's KMart, and, of course, in Honolulu it's WalMart with a quick swing through Ala Moana mall.

FWIW, we found the train ride in Dunedin to be really enjoyable. We were cruising in April, though, and loved (and were intrigued by) all the fall colors in the mountains, and the beautiful scenery as we got to the top of the run.

Thanks for keeping us updated!

Hey Pat and Len. I didn't realise you are joining Pia for the return journey. Are you still cruising with us on the Constellation in November?

Billie & Charlie's Mum,

We are joining Pia on the return trip - Sydney to La.

We were never booked on the Constellation in November.

HOWEVER - aren't we both booked on the Beijing to Whittier on the Diamond in May?

Pat

4:30 PM; wine time. Nice to relax on our balcony which thankfully has no sun at this time.

We took the Maui Divers Jewelry free shuttle from the ship and then proceeded to Walmart which is two blocks from their shop. (BTW, we did not dock at Aloha Tower; Carnival beat us to the spot. We docked at pier 2 which is a little bit closer to downtown). Bought everything important; I.e. diet Pepsi, 4 bottles of wine, dark chocolate and assorted sundry items. Returned via the free shuttle about 1:00 PM, had lunch and went to the 2:00 movie; The Ghost Writer. I like Pierce Brosnan and Ewan McGregor, but now need an explanation of what this film is about. Lots of confusing situations.

The ship is very quiet now since there were lots of all day excursions being offered and we don’t sail until 11:00 PM.

At 7:00 and 8:30 there will be a folkloric show and at 8:00 we intend to watch The Bounty Hunter in our cabin. Had too much lunch to even consider dinner so we’ll just have some fruit and cheese and/or wine and coffee en suite. Other than the Hawaiian presentation there really is no other entertainment being offered. We’re doing our own thing and loving every minute of it. See you tomorrow in Maui.

P.S. to Mary: Yes, we finished the wine; party in the DR on formal night and took the remainder back to our room. :D

See you tomorrow in Maui.

Have a great day in Lahaina Pia.

Good luck with getting ashore,

we have been there on 2 cruises and have yet to make it to land as the swells were too big for tendering. On the last cruise the Captain turned around and gave us another afternoon in Honolulu:eek:

Aloha kakou, Pia and Mike! Such fun to get to talk to you during your WalMart shopping stop. Hope you enjoy the rest of your time in the islands on this run. Since you are calling in Lahaina, I'm guessing no volcano sail by as that would be really out of the way. Not much spectacular going on at the moment, anyway.

Billie & Charlie's Mum,

We are joining Pia on the return trip - Sydney to La.

We were never booked on the Constellation in November.

HOWEVER - aren't we both booked on the Beijing to Whittier on the Diamond in May?

Pat

Lord I'm an idiot :eek: I am getting my cruises and roll calls mixed up. Yes, we are on the Diamond together LOL!

....snip.....

At 7:00 and 8:30 there will be a folkloric show

....snip :D

Pia

Great, we love the folkloric shows.....

one last question....do you know if they are handing out free playing cards on board....want to know if we should buy some in Sydney before we board.....I started a general thread but it seems to vary ship by ship nowadays.

Thanks and keep up the great information....

John

4:30 PM; wine time. Nice to relax on our balcony which thankfully has no sun at this time.

We took the Maui Divers Jewelry free shuttle from the ship and then proceeded to Walmart which is two blocks from their shop. (BTW, we did not dock at Aloha Tower; Carnival beat us to the spot. We docked at pier 2 which is a little bit closer to downtown). Bought everything important; I.e. diet Pepsi, 4 bottles of wine, dark chocolate and assorted sundry items. Returned via the free shuttle about 1:00 PM, had lunch and went to the 2:00 movie; The Ghost Writer. I like Pierce Brosnan and Ewan McGregor, but now need an explanation of what this film is about. Lots of confusing situations.

The ship is very quiet now since there were lots of all day excursions being offered and we don’t sail until 11:00 PM.

At 7:00 and 8:30 there will be a folkloric show and at 8:00 we intend to watch The Bounty Hunter in our cabin. Had too much lunch to even consider dinner so we’ll just have some fruit and cheese and/or wine and coffee en suite. Other than the Hawaiian presentation there really is no other entertainment being offered. We’re doing our own thing and loving every minute of it. See you tomorrow in Maui.

P.S. to Mary: Yes, we finished the wine; party in the DR on formal night and took the remainder back to our room. :D

Pia;

Kicking back in the cabin is always nice.....:):):)

Bob

Good Morning from Maui; another hot day. Sun is shining and the temp is already in the low 80’s and expected to reach 90. We are in no rush to tender, so will have a leisurely breakfast and get off whenever. We know Lahaina well and have no definitive plans.

There’s a movie at 10:oo and also at 2:00; Killers. Not sure if we even want to see it. A Scholarship @Sea Grass weaving workshop is at 3:00 PM. Last tender departs shore at 4:00.

Tonight’s entertainment is the production show “Stardust.” In Explorer’s will be a classical concert by the string quartet Tea 4 Four. Fusion will have Motown, Wii, Liars Club and Pop Party.

To answer the question about cards; no, no free playing cards.

OK time for breakfast.

Good Morning from Maui; another hot day. Sun is shining and the temp is already in the low 80’s and expected to reach 90. We are in no rush to tender, so will have a leisurely breakfast and get off whenever. We know Lahaina well and have no definitive plans.

There’s a movie at 10:oo and also at 2:00; Killers. Not sure if we even want to see it. A Scholarship @Sea Grass weaving workshop is at 3:00 PM. Last tender departs shore at 4:00.

Tonight’s entertainment is the production show “Stardust.” In Explorer’s will be a classical concert by the string quartet Tea 4 Four. Fusion will have Motown, Wii, Liars Club and Pop Party.

To answer the question about cards; no, no free playing cards.

OK time for breakfast.

Another excellent day in paradise. :)

Pia: We met momentarily outside your cabin just before we left Seattle and at least we got to say hello. Finally tracked down your live thread and got caught up. You are doing a fabulous job and make us feel as though we are there with you. We can hardly wait for our Oct. 2011 Tahiti trip on Sapphire Princess. Thanks for your daily log and keep up the good work. Tim and Diane

29sapphire.jpg

WOW nice pic to bad we only did the 2 day cruise on this ship. We did the Vancouver to San Franciso portion.

sea ya

Eric

Ruby Princess Nov2010

Sapphire Princess Sep2010

Rccl Adventure Of The Seas April 2010

Carnival Miracle Feb2010

Rccl Oassis of the Seas Feb2010

Rccl Majesty of the Seas Nov2009

Rccl Navigator of Seas Sep2009

Hal Westerdam Nov&Dec2008

Caribbean Princess Nov2007

Sea Princess Nov&Dec 2006