LIVE from the Sapphire - 33 days from Seattle to Sydney

Pia1913

Good Thursday morning and the start of a busy day at sea ; for us anyway. We have our Kwik Quiz at 9:45, Brainbuster Trivia at 10:15, most traveled luncheon at noon and our Roll Call Poker and Pub Crawl at 2:00. Phew……….exhausted before I start.

As stated yesterday, we did not attend either “entertainment” venue last night. Decided to watch the movie “Killer” with Chad Everett, Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl. Stupid and silly; a no brainer with lots of laughs.

Today’s movie, which we have no time to see, is Invictus. It will be shown at 9:45 and 2:00. There’s a port lecture on Papeete and two lectures again in conflict with each other. One is Golden Radio Days and the other is by a film producer named Jacques Bilok with the subject being “My Japanese Family and Friends.” This one I would have liked to attend, but it’s at noon. Hopefully they will rerun it on our TV later tonight or tomorrow.

Tonight’s entertainment is a vocalist; Lovena Fox in the theater and a comic, Steve Bruner in Explorer’s. I vote for the comedian, unless we do Famous Faces Trivia and catch his repeat show tomorrow. So much to do; so little time. Whoever said cruising was relaxing?

Breakfast time again. Catch you later.

Good Thursday morning and the start of a busy day at sea ; for us anyway. We have our Kwik Quiz at 9:45, Brainbuster Trivia at 10:15, most traveled luncheon at noon and our Roll Call Poker and Pub Crawl at 2:00. Phew……….exhausted before I start.

As stated yesterday, we did not attend either “entertainment” venue last night. Decided to watch the movie “Killer” with Chad Everett, Ashton Kutcher and Katherine Heigl. Stupid and silly; a no brainer with lots of laughs.

Today’s movie, which we have no time to see, is Invictus. It will be shown at 9:45 and 2:00. There’s a port lecture on Papeete and two lectures again in conflict with each other. One is Golden Radio Days and the other is by a film producer named Jacques Bilok with the subject being “My Japanese Family and Friends.” This one I would have liked to attend, but it’s at noon. Hopefully they will rerun it on our TV later tonight or tomorrow.

Tonight’s entertainment is a vocalist; Lovena Fox in the theater and a comic, Steve Bruner in Explorer’s. I vote for the comedian, unless we do Famous Faces Trivia and catch his repeat show tomorrow. So much to do; so little time. Whoever said cruising was relaxing?

Breakfast time again. Catch you later.

Pia;

Hope you have a great day.....:):):)

Bob

Good Morning Pia,

Thought of you last night as we played Trivia and were beaten once again. Enjoy this one - which one of Steve Austin's eyes was bionic - left or right?

Enjoy your busy day - you will need a "vacation" to recover from your busy schedule.

Looking forward to joining you - only 22 more sleeps!

Keep well.

Nicki

Popping in for a few minutes because internet has been spotty today and right now it’s working. We won some more baseball caps at trivia this morning and then went to the lovely most travelled luncheon which was held in Pacific Moon. We sat with the staff captain.

Our poker/pub crawl was lots of fun, albeit HOT! The first 3 bars were outdoors and with the sun beating down on us and 40+ people participating, it took quite a while to go from one venue to another. We lost. Best we could get was a pair of fours. I believe the big winner had a straight flush, followed by 2nd place with two pairs.

Almost time for dinner; again. It seems as if it’s always time for dinner. I don’t know where the days go, but they do fly by. See you all tomorrow.

Popping in for a few minutes because internet has been spotty today and right now it’s working. We won some more baseball caps at trivia this morning and then went to the lovely most travelled luncheon which was held in Pacific Moon. We sat with the staff captain.

Our poker/pub crawl was lots of fun, albeit HOT! The first 3 bars were outdoors and with the sun beating down on us and 40+ people participating, it took quite a while to go from one venue to another. We lost. Best we could get was a pair of fours. I believe the big winner had a straight flush, followed by 2nd place with two pairs.

Almost time for dinner; again. It seems as if it’s always time for dinner. I don’t know where the days go, but they do fly by. See you all tomorrow.

Days always fly by on a cruise. They drag if you are at work! It really doesn't seem like the same 24 hours.

Glad you are having such a good time and thanks for keeping us updated :)

Nothing wrong with those baseball caps Pia! Clive wears the two you gave him all the time :D

I'm so glad I popped onto the Princess board. I needed a live report to help me count down the days until my Oct. 17th Cruise.

THANKS PIA for your live review. This will definitely give me my daily fix.

Pia;

Glad you had a good turnout at your poker/pub crawl. Sorry the weather was a little warm.

Bob

Thank goodness for the Patter, since it tells me the day and the date. We do lose all perspective after a while. Good morning. It’s Friday! And today will not be as busy as yesterday. There was an announcement on the wake show that we have minimal satellite and won’t get up to par for several hours. I will try to post this when completed, but there’s a possibility it will be late.

Other than our various quizzes and trivia, there’s another oceanography lecture at 9:00, a Bora Bora port lecture at 10:00 and the Crossing of the Equator ceremony at 11:00. Noon brings another Golden Radio Days lecture and today’s auction is at 2:00. For some reason The Ghost Writer is being shown again (at 3:00). I can’t imagine why it’s being brought back so soon. I don’t know what Skipbo is, but I’ll check it out at 4:30.

Tonight is our 2nd formal night; too early in the day to decide whether or not to dress. Entertainment is production show Motor City and I know I’ve sworn never to see it again. Maybe we’ll just peek at it to see if anything has changed. In Explorer’s there will be a rerun of last night’s comic Steve Bruner, who really wasn’t very comical.

It really sounds as if we might have a relaxing sea day and catch up on our reading. We both have loaded Kindles and neither one of us has even made a dent.

Breakfast awaits. Bye.

The head chief on board is Asian and although menus same on all ships it does make a difference .

Have got 54 CC members signed up for the Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner for October 11th . We will be meeting in Crooners for 'Happy Hour then on to dinner......Also arranged by another member is another CC Ladies Afternoon Tea on Octeber 14th the last one was a great succcess.......

Met a cousin in Honolulu for the first time and she and her husband showed me around the Island including visit to 'Mighty Mo' and saw the surrender spot.The surfers on the North Coast. Sat in the spot President Obama had his shaved ice cone we had the same one and had pictures taked. they are wonderful I only wish we had them back in Vancouver BC...Maybe an idea to open a shop for the summer months for someone to take up.

The band ,dancers and singers are excellent on this cruise .

Well must get ready for lunch..........Kruisey

The head chief on board is Asian and although menus same on all ships it does make a difference .

Have got 54 CC members signed up for the Canadian Thanksgiving Dinner for October 11th . We will be meeting in Crooners for 'Happy Hour then on to dinner......Also arranged by another member is another CC Ladies Afternoon Tea on Octeber 14th the last one was a great succcess.......

Met a cousin in Honolulu for the first time and she and her husband showed me around the Island including visit to 'Mighty Mo' and saw the surrender spot.The surfers on the North Coast. Sat in the spot President Obama had his shaved ice cone we had the same one and had pictures taked. they are wonderful I only wish we had them back in Vancouver BC...Maybe an idea to open a shop for the summer months for someone to take up.

The band ,dancers and singers are excellent on this cruise .

Well must get ready for lunch..........Kruisey

Hi Kruisey thanks for the update....hope you met Pia :)

Hopefully we will cruise together soon ;)

Good Morning Pia,

Thought of you last night as we played Trivia and were beaten once again. Enjoy this one - which one of Steve Austin's eyes was bionic - left or right?

Enjoy your busy day - you will need a "vacation" to recover from your busy schedule.

Looking forward to joining you - only 22 more sleeps!

Keep well.

Nicki

Don't know if I'm right or not but didn't Steve Austin have his left eye bionic and the bionic woman have hers the right eye? Or is it vice versa? :D

So does Princess have a King Neptune ceremony as you cross the Equator?

They better:D

We have crossed several times with Princess and P&O .It's always a great day.

Lots of fun.

I think its the day all the Officers and Staff look forward to, as they can let their hair down and have a "hoot", as its their turn to put on a show for the passengers.

Archived