Maple Syrup or High Fructose Corn Syrup

EVALUATOR

Cracker Barrel sells the real deal in small glass "vials" of syrup, maybe 2oz each. those would be easy to pack and use on the cruise. If you dont have a CB nearby , Id gladly get some for you :)

Ps for years I hated syrup, thought it tasted nasty and way too sweet. Now I use a bit of the real deal AHHH so much betterr. I cant use that HFCS crap and I live 13 miles away from 2 of the major businesses in the world that make it. I try to avoid that stuff like the plague.

Cracker Barrel sells the real deal in small glass "vials" of syrup, maybe 2oz each. those would be easy to pack and use on the cruise. If you dont have a CB nearby , Id gladly get some for you :)

Ps for years I hated syrup, thought it tasted nasty and way too sweet. Now I use a bit of the real deal AHHH so much betterr. I cant use that HFCS crap and I live 13 miles away from 2 of the major businesses in the world that make it. I try to avoid that stuff like the plague.

Even those have changed. Now they are 55% maple syrup, and 45% cane syrup.

We used to make the little 4 oz round tins when we were in Vermont. Those used to work out great.

Even those have changed. Now they are 55% maple syrup, and 45% cane syrup.

We used to make the little 4 oz round tins when we were in Vermont. Those used to work out great.

Oh No! Here they still have the 100% pure . I always check, now Ill be bummed out if they have it next time we go there. i have a stash here so I may have to bring some with me next time :)

Yep jsut went and checked mine. Its 100% pure maple syrup from vermont

I think I know the answer.:( But Mrs. E asked me to find out.

On the Oasis of the Seas Johnny Rockets breakfast menu, it shows the pancakes being served with maple syrup.

Now is that real maple syrup, or the fake corn sugar HFCS crap?

Does she need to rum runner some of the real stuff on board if she wants true maple syrup with her pancakes?:)

I suppose that if it’s the fake stuff, you are entitled to sue their ass off for misrepresentation and false advertising. :D

No, there is no cover for breakfast...

Mrs E wants real maple syrup, and I wanted to use the buy one get one free milkshake coupon at breakfast.

Still haven't figured out the technical definition of the look she gave me.:D:D

Pretty sure it meant "Don't think so".:(

Praise God for your healing. I was thinking the same thing myself when I initially saw post #10, but confessions of faith and praise are rarely welcomed on this board, so I said nothing until now when I read your post.

God bless. :)

Thank you so much for your warm wishes. God Bless you and your family on all your upcoming cruises.:)

Mrs E, A great web sight from which you can purchase small botttles of real Vermont Maple Syrup is Dakinfarms .com. They are a small family owned farm store that packs and ships Vermont products, They have great local cheeses from our cows as well as meat products. Check out the web sight and it will fill all your "sweet" needs. If ever in Ferrisburg Vt. stop by their store on route 7.

Thank you so much for your warm wishes. God Bless you and your family on all your upcoming cruises.:)

Mrs E, A great web sight from which you can purchase small botttles of real Vermont Maple Syrup is Dakinfarms .com. They are a small family owned farm store that packs and ships Vermont products, They have great local cheeses from our cows as well as meat products. Check out the web sight and it will fill all your "sweet" needs. If ever in Ferrisburg Vt. stop by their store on route 7.

Good to know that Dakinfarms has a website, I don't make it down to Ferrisburg very often.

Good to know that Dakinfarms has a website, I don't make it down to Ferrisburg very often.

Jeezum crow....you can stop by next Oct. as you fly out of Burlington on your next cruise. :D After all they are probably selling the syrup and milk products that come out of Enosburg area. Sparks, you should tell Mrs.E about the Maple Festival in St. Albans every year. She could bathe in syrup if she wishes.:D

There's a classic Seinfeld episode where they go out to breakfast for pancakes and say you have to bring your own bottle of real maple syrup and if you don't, you have a lot to learn about eating pancakes. (You had to be there - it was funnier on TV)

We only use the real stuff at home and have been tempted to bring it when we go out, but haven't.

I can appreciate the real maple syrup question and am considering bringing some on our next cruise. I wouldn't bother eating pancakes or waffles unless there was real maple syrup. We grew up with two syrup containers on the table, both real, one warm and one cold.

Jeezum crow....you can stop by next Oct. as you fly out of Burlington on your next cruise. :D After all they are probably selling the syrup and milk products that come out of Enosburg area. Sparks, you should tell Mrs.E about the Maple Festival in St. Albans every year. She could bathe in syrup if she wishes.:D

Having to drive an extra 30 minutes south would make us late for the flight;). I am more interested in their hams, etc. And I hate to admit it but even though St Albans is 20 miles to my west I've never been to the Maple Festival:o. I'm always getting ready for the Dairy Festival and just haven't gotten there yet. We'll probably try to make it this year though.

Archived