Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Happy New Year everyone!

We're hanging out at home tonight. Think we are going to marathon the Lord of the Rings series. DH's bday is tomorrow...so we have a New Year/Birthday celebration.

Kim and everyone else...the previous resident got the VS catalog...was just looking through it. I think the color LIGNONBERRY is the fire purple everyone is looking for, judging the best I can from the pictures. Definitely worth checking out. I haven't seen in person...so I'm not reporting a guarantee, just a good guess. There are several styles in knits to choose from and they are all on sale for $12.50 right now. The sweaters are slightly more, but also on sale.

Kim...I think one of the shirts would be great with your new skirt. OR also, the cardigan with more of an orange kind of tank/cami underneath?

V305196_P84.jpg

V305529_P84.jpg

You don't HAVE to wear tights, but tights are definitely in fashion right now, with a ton of selection. Target has a great selection actually. I would go for an orange color myself...UNLESS you find a great matching orange shirt and want the tights to be the accent color, then I would go for purple tights, just for fun.

ALSO...if anyone is looking to outfit their New Year's resolutions...Mom and I went shopping at our local Academy store while she was still here. Did I mention this already? Anyway, the current Nike lineup has a couple of great Fire colors. I checked out the colors online and you totally can't tell. They look muted online, which they aren't. I'm pretty sure Mom got the Nike Dedication bar/top...the coral color (which online is called Light Wild Mango) and the red/violet/purple color (Red Plum) are both great Fire colors in work out clothes. The current line of Under Armour is all Ice/Air. Didn't see the current Puma in the store, but online, it looks pretty good. I would check out that section too if you were shopping in person.

Hi Ladies!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~Bill Vaughan

I haven't checked in for a while - just due to holiday craziness combined with job search craziness! I am looking forward to a new year, and a new job.

Due to my situation I have not been shopping for a while - I am on a serious financial "diet". Not to worry, I am not walking around half-dressed! In spite of not being able to replenish my wardrobe, I find I still have a lot of clothes in the closet that I should just get rid of and donate. I coordinate clothing drives for Dress For Success with my officemates, and I am delivering the next donation in the middle of January.

Now that I have fine-tuned my eyes to my Fire palette, I actually dislike wearing black dresses, tops, sweaters, and turtlenecks. Last winter I kept a few of my favorite black items and softened the look with bright silk scarves, pashminas, or chunky beaded necklaces. But, this season, I find I do not want to wear ANY black near my face and hair. So far this season, I have been wearing the following colors in sweaters and jackets: chocolate brown, firey orange, egg-yolk yellow, warm ivory, bright blue-green, peach, and camel.

With no new purchases for a while, I have been pairing up separates that I had never worn together.

For a family gathering, I put together a warm violet sleeveless top, a Talbots ivory suit jacket, denim jeans and bronze high-heel cowboy boots. Topped it off with a long clear quartz nugget necklace. Got several compliments too! I had never worn the summery sleeveless casual top with the more polished ivory jacket before, but they made an instant couple!

For a brunch with friends yesterday I wore an ivory Eddie Bauer cardigan with an orange silk cami under. Topped with a gold and orange bead long necklace, jeans and peeptoe brown flats. I couldn't help but attempt to diagnose the other people at brunch!! ;) (Keeping it to myself of course.) But I did compliment "M" for her raspberry down vest, a great color for her!

Here is a picture from Christmas Eve at my house with my 20-something nephew and his young wife. They are both AIR, he with cool ashy light brown hair and icy blue eyes. She has lovely hazel-brown eyes and medium brown hair. They have chosen good tones of blue that work well with their coloring. I am wearing ANOTHER ivory sweater! :D This particular sweater is interesting because it is knitted from super thin satiny *ribbon* instead of yarn! It looks kind of chunky but it is really lightweight, with a soft hand to it. I am wearing it with one of my go-to necklaces lately - the chunky polished quartz nuggets. They remind me of ice cubes! We are admiring the cupcakes the young couple's 3-yr old helped to make and decorate!

2r4jynr.jpg

V305196_P84.jpg

V305529_P84.jpg

Anita,

Thanks for posting these sensational FIRE violet tops! I have found it challenging to find bright warm colors in sweaters suitable for cold weather. (But I hadn't considered V.S.! )

Old Navy sometimes has Fire colors, but the quality isn't always good. Lands End often has Fire colors, but the styles mostly suit casual daytime wear.

And wow, to find workout clothes in brights - yay!! ;) My workout bottoms are mostly black. I only have one pair of green yoga pants. I have fuschia tights and yellow tights that I wear with a black running skirt.

Happy New Year everyone!

Kim and everyone else...the previous resident got the VS catalog...was just looking through it. I think the color LIGNONBERRY is the fire purple everyone is looking for, judging the best I can from the pictures. Definitely worth checking out. I haven't seen in person...so I'm not reporting a guarantee, just a good guess. There are several styles in knits to choose from and they are all on sale for $12.50 right now. The sweaters are slightly more, but also on sale.

Kim...I think one of the shirts would be great with your new skirt. OR also, the cardigan with more of an orange kind of tank/cami underneath?

Thanks, Anita for the heads up. I did go to the site and they have hardly anything in the Lignonberry color in my size :( I LOVE that color!

Will all of you color friends stay on the lookout for that color and let us knowif you find it??? That color, and the FIRE blue as well as MIXED and/or PRINT shirts that are all or mostly FIRE are on my to find list.

You don't HAVE to wear tights, but tights are definitely in fashion right now, with a ton of selection. Target has a great selection actually. I would go for an orange color myself...UNLESS you find a great matching orange shirt and want the tights to be the accent color, then I would go for purple tights, just for fun.

Oh, dear God--I'm nervous enough to wear tights let alone orange or purple:D I did get some brown tights and I may try them and see if I look like a total goof ball or not :)

ALSO...if anyone is looking to outfit their New Year's resolutions...Mom and I went shopping at our local Academy store while she was still here. Did I mention this already? Anyway, the current Nike lineup has a couple of great Fire colors. I checked out the colors online and you totally can't tell. They look muted online, which they aren't. I'm pretty sure Mom got the Nike Dedication bar/top...the coral color (which online is called Light Wild Mango) and the red/violet/purple color (Red Plum) are both great Fire colors in work out clothes. The current line of Under Armour is all Ice/Air. Didn't see the current Puma in the store, but online, it looks pretty good. I would check out that section too if you were shopping in person.

Thanks for that tip too.

Has your Mom made it back home safe and sound? Maybe she'll chime in here soon.

We leave for our cruise in a week. I'll take some pictures of wardrobe and hopefully won't have any "wardrobe malfunctions" ala Janet Jackson!

Hi Ladies,

we leave for our cruise in a couple of days. If it's not too vain, I thought I would keep a wardrobe photo diary of evening and day wear and post it when we get back. We can critique and hopefully learn too :)

We'll see what were hits and/or misses :)

Hi Ladies,

we leave for our cruise in a couple of days. If it's not too vain, I thought I would keep a wardrobe photo diary of evening and day wear and post it when we get back. We can critique and hopefully learn too :)

We'll see what were hits and/or misses :)

Oh, FUN. That would be great to see. What is your itinerary like? Will you be going on shore excursions or is it more of a DIY-lounging type of ports? Pictures, pictures, pictures. Pictures are so much fun. I'm a bit shy; don't know if you know that or not. If Anita hadn't gotten in there, I doubt that I would have posted many pictures, but I'm glad that I did. Because it's a 2-way street! And I can't wait to see your pictures! Woot, woot! :D

Oh, FUN. That would be great to see. What is your itinerary like? Will you be going on shore excursions or is it more of a DIY-lounging type of ports? Pictures, pictures, pictures. Pictures are so much fun. I'm a bit shy; don't know if you know that or not. If Anita hadn't gotten in there, I doubt that I would have posted many pictures, but I'm glad that I did. Because it's a 2-way street! And I can't wait to see your pictures! Woot, woot! :D

Our itinerary has 3 sea days and goes to Half Moon Cay (HAL's private island), Aruba and Curacao. It will be my husband's first cruise. I hope he likes it. It will be my 7th. We're excited though!

I've been to Aruba and Curacao twice. We're diving while in Curacao and I think just beaching and snorkeling in Aruba and then going someplace in the evening (we're docked from 1 - 11 pm).

I'm kind of nervous to post many pictures too. But, I think it might be a fun way to get constructive criticism, do a little learning and have a fun conversation :)

My beloved hubby had to go next door to have our neighbor tie his two ties tonight :eek: He's not much of a tie guy. I want all of you experts to give a guess as to my hubby's "season". I think I have a good idea but, want to see what you all say.

Kim...It is definitely NOT vain to post pictures when people want to see them!

I think the idea of a photo wardrobe diary is a great idea...hope you have a lot of fun on your cruise! Looking forward to seeing the photos!

I'll give it a go, Anita. Hopefully, all will go well with the postings :)

• 2 weeks later...

We're baaaaack. We had a really nice time! My husband said he would even go on another cruise (this was his first) :D

I took wardrobe pictures. I'll get them posted soon. I'm a little gun shy to post so many pictures of myself--I just feel vain. I hope the pictures will post and were taken well enough to have some good color discussions.

I thought of you guys the whole trip. My husband would always say, "is this another picture for your color gal pals?"

Talk soon.

Well, here goes. Let's discuss away.

I'll start with the beginning of our trip. We stayed in Fort Lauderdale for 2 days before the cruise.

Our cruise was on Holland America (hubby's 1st cruise and my 7th but, also my 1st on Holland America).

We stopped at HAL's private island, Half Moon Cay first.

Next port was Aruba and the last port was Curacao (we dove there).

We had 3 sea days on this cruise.

Let me know if these pictures are going to work. If they're big enough etc.

This first picture is at our hotel in Ft. Lauderdale. I'm wearing a brown sweater.

2nd picture--my fingernail polish (O.P.I. Melon of Troy)

3rd picture-- toenail polish (O.P.I. Conga-line Coral)

4th picture--a funny picture that shows how pale I am--it's my skin against the sand at Half Moon Cay :)

5th picture--another toe/ship/sand picture

IMG_7666.jpg.af52cb0b7642702675c2f02b4b915dd9.jpg

IMG_7681.jpg.3a5c0e4f4ecad960beb1b99068361d83.jpg

IMG_7706.jpg.e19fd46c74e7139bb0842fda4f626f43.jpg

IMG_7689.jpg.f920387054b39662599fdbaefc83988e.jpg

IMG_7691.jpg.66f5f78dacaf057b07022f3e33618bee.jpg

Kim...

The picture of you in the brown sweater is fun to look at...you can see how much better your coloring is with the cream colored shirt you have on versus the white curtain in the background...and other than the white curtain...the entire room is warm...so you are just totally blending into the coloring in that room! In looking at the pattern in the curtains...I can see how the brightest pinkish kind of color would look very good on you...and how all the other more muted colors in the room are okay...but you could stand to take it up a notch...still...that's a great picture! It's fun to finally put a face to you!

I love love LOVE the colors of your nail polishes! I wonder if Mom has ever used those...she loves OPI too...

White body against white sand is too funny! I think that is about what I would look like...especially in the winter! I am very pale...

The feet with the ship in the background? I think the blue stripe in that chair is the FIRE royal blue! On my screen...it looks fabulous with your skin and polish color...others need to chime in on that...but you could have a photo that would be a decent "control" when you look for that color!

Kim...

The picture of you in the brown sweater is fun to look at...you can see how much better your coloring is with the cream colored shirt you have on versus the white curtain in the background...and other than the white curtain...the entire room is warm...so you are just totally blending into the coloring in that room! In looking at the pattern in the curtains...I can see how the brightest pinkish kind of color would look very good on you...and how all the other more muted colors in the room are okay...but you could stand to take it up a notch...still...that's a great picture! It's fun to finally put a face to you!quote]

Are the pictures I posted going to work OK? Are they too big, too small, just right???

It is fun to put a face and a name together, isn't it? Sometimes I have a picture in my mind's eye and it is really close to the "real" face and sometimes it's totally wrong :)

I love love LOVE the colors of your nail polishes! I wonder if Mom has ever used those...she loves OPI too...

I really like both of those colors too. I also found a blue polish that I "think" is in the FIRE blues. I'll post the name when I get home later.

The feet with the ship in the background? I think the blue stripe in that chair is the FIRE royal blue! On my screen...it looks fabulous with your skin and polish color...others need to chime in on that...but you could have a photo that would be a decent "control" when you look for that color!

I thought that might be close to the FIRE blue too but, I didn't have my color cards on me :D

Thanks for the comments and I'll post more pictures later.

Here are some more pictures. I always tried to find something with a warm background but, didn't have a lot of luck. I also tried to remember to take day wear pictures as well as evening pictures.

I have some of both my husband and I. I want you guys to give a guess as to what season you think he is, OK? He couldn't care less but, I DO.

Evidently, I took enough pictures because when we got home and showed our son the pictures he said :"Half of the pictures taken are only of you, that's kind of weird, isn't it?"

1st pic is our first night onboard. It's a floral dress. The ship was rocking quite a bit and I had to stand against a wall to have the pic taken so that I wouldn't fall over :eek: I'm not really drunk like it looks!

2nd pic is at Half Moon Cay (our first stop). It's hubby and I.

3rd pic is second night dinner.

4th pic is first room service breakfast on our balcony. Hideous white robe and hair straight off the pillow! Pretty cheesy picture but, we're a goofy couple.

5th pic is our Cruise Critic group. I'm in a coral top in front and hubby is on the other end in a white shirt.

IMG_7677.jpg.66ec4b5bb84a605b4e407ffbdee9a0eb.jpg

IMG_7685.jpg.d031791af392f767c7642b3ffa7c1dee.jpg

IMG_7707.jpg.1a3e236d3e597137dad94fef35fa801a.jpg

IMG_7714.jpg.9e9b0e14deb5e6a25c66c3004ef3e0b8.jpg

IMG_7717.jpg.33239693e68fa2ccacfe41546367d89f.jpg

Now that we are seeing the photos of YOU...I do wish the photos were slightly bigger...

Your coral print drink is very pretty! What a great pattern! Isn't it so gratifying to find a PRINT that has your colors in it? I'm always so excited whenever I find one...too often they put white in otherwise great FIRE prints or black in earth prints...so annoying...but I love that creamy yellow color with that coral...looks great on you.

Are you wearing white under that green at Half Moon Cay? Or is that cream? And what is that dark shirt? The green is very fun...I think it is interesting though...that dark, blackish color really stands out to me...it is throwing me off a bit in the photo...though I KNOW that IRL it probably isn't as noticeable...weird what happens when 3D goes 2D...LOVE the granny apple green on you...can't really get a feel for DH from this photo...I don't know if he is tan in this photo...but he does seem to be warm...this is almost a picture version of bright, clear, FIRE yellow/green next to muted, subdued EARTH gray/green...maybe he is earth? because he looks good...but it really is hard to tell without comparison photos...

It looks like you got a bit of sun in the third photo! The cream looks nice...and you can see here how the EARTH colored chair isn't really the best for your skin...I'm wanting it to not be such a muddy color next to your skin...

Yes...the white robe is not so lovely on you...LOL...how fun though...I'm so excited for our cruise in March 2012...this is a fun picture...very vacation-like indulgence...eating breakfast on your balcony in a bathrobe...happy vacation!

The group photo is kind of a crack up...so typical really...you are a total stand out in your bright shirt...your shorts aren't fire though are they?...not that they are bad because they pick up in that color in your shorts...but I could see that shirt with this one skirt that I made for Mom...it has all different coral colors and splashes of yellow...the result on my screen is that when I see the shirt with the shorts...it's making me think it is more pink that I believe it really is IRL...

Love seeing the photos!

I don't think it is weird that you ended up with so many different photos of yourself...it happens...different vacations have different focuses...we took a trip to Disney and the vast majority of photos were of the FOOD we ate! LOL...because I was all excited to do a food review...I think you got excited to do a wardrobe review!

Keep 'em comin'!

Kim, not because it's the best picture of YOU, but I adore the balcony shot in the bathrobe. That just sings "vacay" to me! I'm so glad that your DH loved the cruise and is willing to go back. It's always so puzzling to me to hear people on the fast few days of a cruise starting to moan and complain and wish they were home. Really? Not me! I never wish I was getting off the ship! I only wish that people I love were boarding! Kwim?!?

Anyway, it's been FUN to see your pictures. You did such a good job taking wardrobe shots. I pinkie swear that I'll be better on our next trip and allow my DH to take more wardrobe pictures. They are such a treasure to share and thank you for doing that. I know how intimidating it can be to post pictures.

Anita is so funny, isn't she? She's got your tops paired up with bottoms from my closet! Maybe we should see about cruising together?!? LOL.

Did you get any formal shots?

I love OPI colors. I saw Melon of Troy (loved the name!) but ended up really liking Conga Line Coral. That is my most recent splurge color.

Love seeing wardrobe pictures. It helps me so much to continue to be excited about seeking out the very best colors for me, being able to see how wonderful everyone looks in their colors. Again, thanks for sharing. It's so great to put a face to a name!

Did you feel that it was easier to pack? Once you got on board, did you feel that it was easier to come up with the outfit that you wanted to wear on any given day? Did you feel beautiful? Inquiring minds, and all that...

Now that we are seeing the photos of YOU...I do wish the photos were slightly bigger...

Anita,

how can I make the pictures bigger? I'm not terribly savvy on the 'puter:)

Your coral print drink is very pretty! What a great pattern! Isn't it so gratifying to find a PRINT that has your colors in it? I'm always so excited whenever I find one...too often they put white in otherwise great FIRE prints or black in earth prints...so annoying...but I love that creamy yellow color with that coral...looks great on you

I got this dress at Coldwater Creek after the FIREY TerriSea mentioned it. I got it at a great price of $17 too! I do love it. It has such a nice cut to the dress and the pattern is great too. It does seem to be really hard to find a pattern that has all of the correct colors in it, no matter what the season is.

Are you wearing white under that green at Half Moon Cay? Or is that cream? And what is that dark shirt? The green is very fun...I think it is interesting though...that dark, blackish color really stands out to me...it is throwing me off a bit in the photo...though I KNOW that IRL it probably isn't as noticeable...weird what happens when 3D goes 2D...LOVE the granny apple green on you...can't really get a feel for DH from this photo...I don't know if he is tan in this photo...but he does seem to be warm...this is almost a picture version of bright, clear, FIRE yellow/green next to muted, subdued EARTH gray/green...maybe he is earth? because he looks good...but it really is hard to tell without comparison photos...

The shirt under the green pullover is actually brown with a white insert in the V of the shirt. I wore the shirt later on too and I'll post a picture of it. It's not really the warmest of browns but, I got it for $2 and it beat some of the Summer/AIR color shirts I had been wearing :)

I LOVE that green pullover. It had the FIRE gray piping around the neck and sleeves too. I got it at Old Navy.

I'll post a few pics with hubby in them too :D I'm anxious to see what all of you experts say about his coloring/season.

It looks like you got a bit of sun in the third photo! The cream looks nice...and you can see here how the EARTH colored chair isn't really the best for your skin...I'm wanting it to not be such a muddy color next to your skin...

Yes, Half Moon Cay was chilly and cloudy most of the day and I got more sun than I should have. I'm usually quite good at sunscreen but, didn't reapply too often at HMC:o I tried to find warm FIREY backgrounds but, as you will see I didn't score too often. At the least I tried to find warm backgrounds if possible.

Yes...the white robe is not so lovely on you...LOL...how fun though...I'm so excited for our cruise in March 2012...this is a fun picture...very vacation-like indulgence...eating breakfast on your balcony in a bathrobe...happy vacation!

Oh, dear, Lord, white is my arch enemy. I hesitated in posting this pic but, felt it would be a good show of a definite no-no in coloring and that my hubby and I have quite a sense of humor and can be quite goofy.

The group photo is kind of a crack up...so typical really...you are a total stand out in your bright shirt...your shorts aren't fire though are they?...not that they are bad because they pick up in that color in your shorts...but I could see that shirt with this one skirt that I made for Mom...it has all different coral colors and splashes of yellow...the result on my screen is that when I see the shirt with the shorts...it's making me think it is more pink that I believe it really is IRL...

The shorts aren't totally FIRE. They have a white background and the blue is more summery/AIR but, there is a coral color in the plaid that actually matches the shirt pretty well. Again, I wore that outfit again and maybe in a better light (or possibly not!).

I think that Pam and I should get together and swap around clothes! We could even do a joined at the hip photo :)

Thanks for your comments, just what I was hoping for!

Kim, not because it's the best picture of YOU, but I adore the balcony shot in the bathrobe. That just sings "vacay" to me! I'm so glad that your DH loved the cruise and is willing to go back. It's always so puzzling to me to hear people on the fast few days of a cruise starting to moan and complain and wish they were home. Really? Not me! I never wish I was getting off the ship! I only wish that people I love were boarding! Kwim?!?

Pam,

I'm glad you are chiming in :) We FIRES have to learn together!

I'm glad hubby was pleased too. It was funny--each day I asked him what he thought and as the days went along he liked it more and more. The first day he said it was "fine", 2nd day he said "good", and by the 4th day he was saying "this is a lot of fun" and the last day he said "let's go on another one"!

HAL isn't the most exciting cruiseline I've been on but, it was very nice and the food was really good if you stuck with the waiter's recommendations. I think I prefer Celebrity but, would go on another HAL if the itinerary and price were right.

Anyway, it's been FUN to see your pictures. You did such a good job taking wardrobe shots. I pinkie swear that I'll be better on our next trip and allow my DH to take more wardrobe pictures. They are such a treasure to share and thank you for doing that. I know how intimidating it can be to post pictures.

It IS intimidating to post these. I see that lots of people are reading the thread and NOT posting. It makes me wonder what they are thinking as they are reading and viewing along :o

Anita is so funny, isn't she? She's got your tops paired up with bottoms from my closet! Maybe we should see about cruising together?!? LOL.

Anita is funny and very color smart too! I think that's a definite that we should cruise together sometime. Wouldn't that be a HOOT!

Did you feel that it was easier to pack? Once you got on board, did you feel that it was easier to come up with the outfit that you wanted to wear on any given day? Did you feel beautiful? Inquiring minds, and all that...

I didn't notice any difference in packing a FIRE wardrobe because I used to "think" I was a summer/AIR :o so, I'm used to having most of my clothing being interchangeable. But, I did feel that much more confident in dressing since I've been corrected and put in the FIRE category.

I didn't get a single comment from other ladies on the cruise about my wardrobe but, I did seem to notice and so did my husband that a lot of ladies looked my way as I walked past them in the dining room. It could go either way I guess--maybe they thought I looked really good OR maybe they thought I was a geek and looked like a walking disaster in clothing :eek:

I'll post more pics now.

Well, for the sake of discussion here goes another round of pictures----

This is our first formal night. My dress is not all FIREY colors but, I have had it and worn it on another cruise and I just like it. It's different than the other LBD's that most wear and I love the pattern so, I cheated it up with ivory/gold earring , a gold bracelet, and gold shoes (in very swollen feet and ankles. They always seem to do that on a cruise, do any of you have the same problem?).

I wanted to post a variety of the same pictures in different lighting. To my eye the colors all seem to look different in many of the pictures. Do you see the same?

I'm posting a VERY scary pic of my hubby. He would be mortified if he knew I posted this. But, he's a good sport and it's all in the spirit of education, isn't it?????

We also had a formal photo done and even splurged and bought one. I'll post that too.

IMG_7725.jpg.a4d066a95b3a84406ce05edc5fa11360.jpg

IMG_7727.jpg.3874d336bb96d0bbe58ed562c5a6198b.jpg

IMG_7729.jpg.a3daae086446079ef063a19e7b5541e9.jpg

IMG_7731.jpg.018b3b8601b47046c8a1b1949cbfcf89.jpg

IMG_7735.jpg.2303fea203ae20b925efc518c25d2712.jpg

Ladies...I know you may not think to shop in Forever 21...but it is a great store for picking up inexpensive layering tanks and camis...

They have a yellow color in the store right now...it is a FANTABULOUS Fire yellow...there are several styles...and I am pretty sure that they are all the same color...

this one is $2.50

80839924-08.jpg

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=top&product%5Fid=2080839924&Page=6&pgcount=100#

This one is $3.50

61698904-01.jpg

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=top%5Fcamis%5Ftanks&product%5Fid=2061698904&Page=all&pgcount=25

This one is $6.50

84213790-07.jpg

The show it tucked in too...

84213790-07.jpg

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=top&product%5Fid=2084213790&Page=1&pgcount=100

The yellow in the store was pretty consistant, so even though the first picture is slighty off in this series...one of the different views of it online does indicate that it is the same kind of yellow...

At these prices...you could definitely stock up on a bunch...I will comment that the material is thin, soft, and lightweight...a perfect layering kind of top to provide that pop of color...definite cruisewear...

Kim...that is a beautiful gown...I love that it has a pattern to it!...it drapes so beautifully and with the length the eye just goes right to that lovely neckline...and yes, it may not be textbook fire...but it warm...and with your gold accessories...it works...

The dress is a bit of a chameleon...when you are standing on that blue carpet...the bluish aqua color in the dress REALLY looks blue...next to the orange-y wall...it looks all goldeny...and on that burgandy carpet...the pinkish colors really pop...I think it could be the nature of the pattern as well as the lighting...and maybe the shine on the fabric reflecting some of the surrounding colors? I don't know...but it's very pretty...

I would say that was more of an EARTH dress...and IMO...I don't know what Curt would say...but I feel like...if you are a clear skinned person...FIRE or ICE, then your best secondary colors are the muted versions of the same tone...Earth for Fire...Air for Ice...but if you are a muted skinned person...it seems like the best secondary colors are actually the opposite spectrum but muted...Earth and Air sharing...especially if they pick up on an eye color or something...which is why I think that I have always felt like this one powder blue and navy blue colors look good on me...and why I think you still feel good wearing this dress...JMO.

OK...you hubby LOOKS a bit scared in that photo! LOL. I think that those purple tones on him are cool...and he looks good...but I can't tell if he looks good because his head is surrounded by a bunch of warm brown in the background of the photo! LOL. His coloring is still a mystery to me.

My feet have a tendency to swell too...especially on vacation when you can do so much walking around...by the end of the day...oof...I think the sandals I recently picked up to wear on formal night will accomodate that...I think they will...I'll have to go check!

Great job sharing your photos...I love seeing them...I don't know why so many people read but don't comment...don't worry about it...if they weren't enjoying the reading...then they would stop looking...but obviously...many are enjoying...so keep sharing! :)