Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Glad to hear you had a great time, Terri. Any pics of your fab Fire outfits? I'm such a visual person :D I especially would like to see the bright blue dress!

I second! Glad to read you had a great time...and do you have any pictures?

My parents had to get off the ship today by 11PM. I think they have a day in FL before flying home. Hopefully, Mom can post some photos too!

I just got back from a few days in NYC (with the DJ from my last cruise, who drove down from Canada ;)) and I guess I missed a lot! Now that I am caught up on this thread, I wanted to say:

I would have posted my name sooner, but I thought I did that early on! It must have been on another thread. It's still pronounced like "Diane," just spelled weird, which usually leads to a dozen questions, so I hate the spelling. But that's the source of the nickname - family members jokingly called me "Princess Dy" for years and then it evolved to just "Princess." Of course, I AM a princess - in my head...

Curt: Thank you so much for all the very helpful posts! The photos are great, that always helps me a lot.

Terri: Do you post pictures on the web? I'd love to see them too!

Dyan:rolleyes:

Another question on the green dresses--

I want to get a LBD that's a Fire color and I don't mind being a little different either but, would I look like a big Christmas tree in any of the clover green dresses?????

If you saw a woman on a cruise in any of those dresses, would you think WOW, she looks great in that color and dress OR would you say, what in God's name was that woman thinking about when she picked out that Little GREEN dress?

Honesty and opinions greatly appreciated:D

Well, I'm thinking long and hard about the LGD. I hope I don't think too long or too hard and then decide on it and it's gone.

I already have some gold'ish satin strappy shoes :)

It just makes me a little nervous that it's a final sale dress and I can't return it for any reason. I did talk to the alteration lady that we use sometimes and she said to order it larger and she could then take it up. Soooo....

Don't forget girls--I'm not a young hot chick like you guys are. I'm almost 53 and not 120 lbs. like I used to be :eek:

OK. As you know, I'm Anita's Mom. I'm rapidly approaching entering another decade with my age. As Anita has already shared that she's got a 40th birthday coming up... and since I didn't have a baby when I was 10 yrs old... well, you do the math! So, Joby, no excuses...

On the cruise, we were in an intimate dining restaurant every night. I don't know if you are familiar with Celebrity's Solstice ships and their AquaClass Blu Restaurant? Anyway, it's a smaller restaurant on board the ship than the main dining room. About the same size as a specialty restaurant in terms of seating capacity.

We had 3 formal nights since this was a 15-night cruise. On one of the formal nights, I was the ONLY one in the dining room that WASN'T wearing black! Did heads swivel when I walked in? Yes, they did.

We took formal pictures the night that I wore the Apple Green cocktail dress. When I went to the photo gallery to look for the pictures the next day, it was hysterical. On the entire wall of pictures, I was the ONLY ONE that wasn't wearing black and, wow, I was easy to find! I thought the picture looked pretty good, but I didn't buy it that night... just put it back on the wall.

So, your question was: if you saw a woman on a cruise, etc....?

OMG. The comments started the very next day! I couldn't believe the number of people who stopped me and told me how fabulous I looked in my green dress! Some were people that I had met either at the buffet or a cocktail event, but some were just total strangers in the elevator! They were all compliments: and they didn't say, "wow, you totally stood out wearing that green dress." What they said was, "wow, you looked FABulous in that green dress." I kid you not (and you know I wouldn't lie about something as important as a green dress!). ;) Oh, and this wasn't a small ship; there were 2850 passengers!

One of the formal nights, there were 4 ladies in a color other than black in the dining room. I was wearing brown with a gold sweater and a heavy gold necklace: raspberry and peach also were there.

Joby, you go for it!

OK. As you know, I'm Anita's Mom. I'm rapidly approaching entering another decade with my age. As Anita has already shared that she's got a 40th birthday coming up... and since I didn't have a baby when I was 10 yrs old... well, you do the math! So, Joby, no excuses...

On the cruise, we were in an intimate dining restaurant every night. I don't know if you are familiar with Celebrity's Solstice ships and their AquaClass Blu Restaurant? Anyway, it's a smaller restaurant on board the ship than the main dining room. About the same size as a specialty restaurant in terms of seating capacity.

We had 3 formal nights since this was a 15-night cruise. On one of the formal nights, I was the ONLY one in the dining room that WASN'T wearing black! Did heads swivel when I walked in? Yes, they did.

We took formal pictures the night that I wore the Apple Green cocktail dress. When I went to the photo gallery to look for the pictures the next day, it was hysterical. On the entire wall of pictures, I was the ONLY ONE that wasn't wearing black and, wow, I was easy to find! I thought the picture looked pretty good, but I didn't buy it that night... just put it back on the wall.

So, your question was: if you saw a woman on a cruise, etc....?

OMG. The comments started the very next day! I couldn't believe the number of people who stopped me and told me how fabulous I looked in my green dress! Some were people that I had met either at the buffet or a cocktail event, but some were just total strangers in the elevator! They were all compliments: and they didn't say, "wow, you totally stood out wearing that green dress." What they said was, "wow, you looked FABulous in that green dress." I kid you not (and you know I wouldn't lie about something as important as a green dress!). ;) Oh, and this wasn't a small ship; there were 2850 passengers!

One of the formal nights, there were 4 ladies in a color other than black in the dining room. I was wearing brown with a gold sweater and a heavy gold necklace: raspberry and peach also were there.

Joby, you go for it!

Pam,

So glad to hear from you now that you're back! How was your trip? Details, maybe????

Well, I went for the LGD. I posted a picture of it a few posts back. The picture really doesn't show the prettiness of the dress though. I hope the seamstress can do her thing on it and make it fit :) We'll keep our fingers crossed that I don't look like a big 'ol Christmas tree :D Our cruise isn't until mid January, so Christmas season will be over!

Will you be posting any pictures of the lovely Fire outfits that you wore during your cruise?

I have been on 5 Celebrity cruises but, not the new Solstice class (I've been on the Century, Horizon, Constellation, Summit and Galaxy). How did you like the Celebrity ship?

Kim

I just got back from a few days in NYC (with the DJ from my last cruise, who drove down from Canada ;)) and I guess I missed a lot! Now that I am caught up on this thread, I wanted to say:

I would have posted my name sooner, but I thought I did that early on! It must have been on another thread. It's still pronounced like "Diane," just spelled weird, which usually leads to a dozen questions, so I hate the spelling. But that's the source of the nickname - family members jokingly called me "Princess Dy" for years and then it evolved to just "Princess." Of course, I AM a princess - in my head...

Curt: Thank you so much for all the very helpful posts! The photos are great, that always helps me a lot.

Terri: Do you post pictures on the web? I'd love to see them too!

Dyan:rolleyes:

Welcome back, Dyan. Did you do lots of fun things in NYC?

Welcome back, Dyan. Did you do lots of fun things in NYC?

I did a lot of touristy things, which is funny, because I lived there for five years and never did them (except for the museums - I love the Met). When you're living in NYC, you avoid those things, and any areas where there will be a lot of tourists, whenever possible. But my friend from the cruise ship wanted to do the touristy stuff, and I figured it was about time I did all that anyway. We got CityPasses which are great, for $79 you get admission to 6 things: Museum of Natural History, Metropolitan Museum of Art, Museum of Modern Art, Empire State Building Observatory, choice of Guggenheim Museum or Top of the Rock (Rockefeller Center) observatory, and choice of Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island ferry or harbor cruise. Even if you only do four of the six, you save money by getting the city pass, because all of them are $20 are more and some are more than $30. We did all six (with Top of the Rock and harbor cruise, which we did at night - it was beautiful with all the lights, and it does go out to pass by the Statue of Liberty). Also saw the Christmas Spectacular at Radio City Music Hall, which I go to every year!

Sorry that was really OT, but I do want to recommend the CityPasses to anyone who ever visits NYC and wants to see & do a lot.

Back on topic: I still don't have much fire clothing, but we were outdoors quite a lot so I opted to take my winter white coat (with a peach scarf) instead of my red (bright, but COOL red) or black one.... big mistake! Now I know why people (including my former self) wear so much black in NYC - anything else gets filthy after a few hours! If I ever move back to the city I'll have to get a navy coat, I think it would be the only fire color dark enough to handle the filth of that place! (I guess dark chocolate brown would work too, but I don't see too many coats that color, except leather.)

At one point we were on the subway with about two dozen people in the car, and I looked around and noticed that there was my DJ friend in his brown leather coat, and me in my winter white wool, and EVERY SINGLE other person on the train was wearing black.

My mom (whom I mentioned has the same natural coloring as me, although she dyes her hair blonde) has started to show some interest in the color thing ever since I showed her my test photos and she saw the difference. Yay! We are trying to figure out my father too, we think he is a winter, but I'm not really good at this, and we can't do test photos because he couldn't care less. :rolleyes:

Pam: I'm with Kim - I'd love to see photos of your fire outfits from the cruise! Especially the apple green formal dress. :D

Good morning, Kim and Dyan,

DH took almost 1800 pictures on this trip! Would you believe that I didn't even think of having him take a picture of me on formal night? We did buy the ship's photographer's picture but I don't know how to get that posted here. I'll make a point of having a picture taken with that dress soon.

The interesting thing about the pictures is that it looks like I have on the same outfit day after day after day. I absolutely didn't! I had some beautiful outfit mix and match combinations. But the situation is that most of the pictures are taken outdoors, so I was always wearing my last layer which, of course, was one of 3 tops. So, there you have it... it looks like I'm in the same outfit.

I did have an easy time with my wardrobe on this trip, however. This was our itinerary and I can stay OT with discussing my packing, right?

We landed in Rome and had a brutal jet lag day. So, we left here on the 19th and arrived in Rome on the 20th at 8:30am. Then, on the 21st we took a train to Venice, coming back on the 24th.

So, I packed 2 suitcases: 1 was a carryon and 1 checked bag. We left the checked bag in the hotel in Rome while we were in Venice. So I traveled to Venice with my carryon. When we got back to Rome, I then supplemented my wardrobe. DH was worried about the luggage arriving safely, so he packed us 50/50 in the checked bags. That complicated the packing quite a bit but helped me with the worry factor.

So in the Venice suitcase, I had 3 first layer tops; 1 top that was very versatile as it could be used as a first layer or second layer; and an outer layer top. 1 jeggings. 1 slim leg jean. And, of course, what I wore on the plane, which added another top and bottom to the wardrobe. This suitcase was supposed to get me through 7 days: and it did!

You always read, on here especially, about how stylish European women dress, etc. You also read how frumpy Americans dress while in Europe, by comparison. I think I looked as stylish as anyone else. In fact, several times I was mistaken for being French... which I don't think I look at all French, but that was pretty funny. I don't know if I'd chalk that up to the way that I dressed, because I didn't go for any scarves, or a lot of accessories, etc. I had to really be careful of my luggage weight. I'd post a few pictures, but I don't want to hijack Kim's thread (I think that's what you call it when you come in and change the topic, right?). The only thing that would keep my pictures OT is that the majority of my wardrobe came from Chico's! Kim, I have to admit to you that I'm not a bargain shopper. So I don't know how helpful that would be for you?

All I can say, in summary, is that I felt fantastic in my wardrobe choices for this trip. And it was a real effort of layering (due to the weather changes), luggage weight restrictions, mix and match combinations which were beautiful choices and so easy because they were all within the color palette! I could literally pull any top and any bottom at any time.

If you think it would be helpful to have me be very specific, I can do that. Or, we can just leave it... and say that the color palette dressing was a great tool.

DH took almost 1800 pictures on this trip! Would you believe that I didn't even think of having him take a picture of me on formal night? We did buy the ship's photographer's picture but I don't know how to get that posted here. I'll make a point of having a picture taken with that dress soon.

I would love to see your pictures! I could live vicariously through those lovely pictures :)

I'd post a few pictures, but I don't want to hijack Kim's thread (I think that's what you call it when you come in and change the topic, right?).

Good Lord, I don't own this thread. It's about Fire colors, clothes, etc... post away, Pam!

The only thing that would keep my pictures OT is that the majority of my wardrobe came from Chico's! Kim, I have to admit to you that I'm not a bargain shopper. So I don't know how helpful that would be for you?

I did find a nice bargain at Chico's--a blue tank for $9.99 - 20% extra off :) Bargains can be found most everywhere, one just has to be open minded while shopping and persistent and lucky too.

I want to hear all about your exciting trip! Post away and spill your guts :) Is that too graphic????

OK. I will have fun doing a virtual trip with you. Please give me some time as I have a few complications.

One is that I only have 2 weeks to get ready for another short trip to be with some cruise friends that we met 4 years ago. We were supposed to cruise with them last year, but they had to cancel because her mother became ill just days before departure. She got in touch with us recently and invited us to visit with them. So, we're heading off to Florida...

AND, since it's the holidays, we're going to leave Florida and just head to Texas to be with family for Christmas. That's a good thing, because Anita will be able to help me with the postings after that! That should be lots of fun...

And, speaking of Anita, she told me that she thought it would be fun to post pictures of my wardrobe along with some of the more amazing places that we saw. We saw some fabulous, fabulous places. I'm still just in awe of the fact that we got to do this trip!

So, I'll get started... please chat with me as I go along and remember and share this trip with you. Are you interested in the trip as well as the wardrobe?

BTW, I love Chico's clearance sales! I always stock up on those $9.99 or sometimes $7.49 tops! They're so versatile... and usually have some really great colors.

OK. I will have fun doing a virtual trip with you. Please give me some time as I have a few complications.

One is that I only have 2 weeks to get ready for another short trip to be with some cruise friends that we met 4 years ago. We were supposed to cruise with them last year, but they had to cancel because her mother became ill just days before departure. She got in touch with us recently and invited us to visit with them. So, we're heading off to Florida...

AND, since it's the holidays, we're going to leave Florida and just head to Texas to be with family for Christmas. That's a good thing, because Anita will be able to help me with the postings after that! That should be lots of fun...

And, speaking of Anita, she told me that she thought it would be fun to post pictures of my wardrobe along with some of the more amazing places that we saw. We saw some fabulous, fabulous places. I'm still just in awe of the fact that we got to do this trip!

So, I'll get started... please chat with me as I go along and remember and share this trip with you. Are you interested in the trip as well as the wardrobe?

BTW, I love Chico's clearance sales! I always stock up on those $9.99 or sometimes $7.49 tops! They're so versatile... and usually have some really great colors.

Can't wait to see all of your pictures!!!! Clothes, places, etc.

Chat with you, no problemo :D

Dyan,

It sounds like you had a fun trip.

I went to NYC a year ago last summer. A friend and I spent two days there. It was really a lot of fun and I saw so many things and places that I'd just read about. We also went to Philadelphia too. The history and places that I saw just gave me goosebumps! Lucky you to live so close to those amazing places.

Any new Fire purchases lately????

Any new Fire purchases lately????

Sorry I haven't been around much lately - there have been more job ads to reply to recently (which is good, although I'm not getting my hopes up, since I haven't gotten a single interview in the past year out of all the jobs I did apply for). No new purchases until I'm employed! I'm really quite broke until then. Which is why my Christmas wish list was so important to put together. Even if I had the money, I'd be saving it for right after Christmas, when everything goes on sale really cheap - Joby, as a bargain shopper, I'm sure you're aware of that. ;-) Old Navy has some good Black Friday sales coming up - sweaters for $15! - but I don't do Black Friday shopping, I think it distracts from the meaning of the season. If I have any money I will most definitely be surfing the Victoria's Secret website in January - they have great deals after Christmas on lots of their winter clothes, especially sweaters, sweaterdresses and coats, not to mention their cozy PJs which are my favorite. They have a different variation of flannel PJs every year which sell for about $40 before Christmas and about half that price after. Lots of their sweaters also dip down below the $20 mark... just a heads-up. Of course, there are sales everywhere after the holidays, but VS is my go-to for that.

And I also wanted to post today just to say: Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

-Dyan

Hi all,

I hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving.

Our beloved, beautiful, black Lab has been really sick the last 2 weeks. She was in the hospital for several days, has had 2 seizures and they thought we would have to make the horrible decision to euthanize last Tuesday.

The Critical Care Vet tried one last medicint and she had a positive reaction to it. We were able to bring her home on Wednesday night and she has gotten better daily, although she's not at all well. They think that it's highly probable that she has a brain tumor.

We're so thankful to have been able to bring her home for however long. She's happier here and we're so glad to have her back with us. We're still just sick though!

Our pets are like family to us. I worked for a Vet all through high school and college and my degree is in Biology. Our family has always been around and had animals.

Say a prayer for her :)

I haven't done any shopping lately. Has anyone gotten anything or any lessons to be taught (Anita)? I would love to hear of anything, it would be nice to have my mind on something else :)

Joby,

What is your lab-baby's name?

We had a wonderful, beautiful, blond lab named Callaway who brought us such joy. We know exactly how you feel.

I have been overwhelmed with Thanksgiving and the travel coming up on Friday. I talked to Anita and she's going to help me post pictures a few times while we're visiting. So, this is like... wait for it... wait for it... coming attractions to a message board near you! I think it'll be fun and we can have some intense virtual travel and some interesting wardrobe discussions. I can tell you that I bought the most versatile top and I loved it with my outfits; it just happens to be a denim! Whatever! It worked for me...

You know Chico's (I guess everyone is) is having quite a sale. There is a great versatile top made from a high quality cotton that traveled really well for me. There is a color called Glowstick which is a warm, bright green that I think is going to blend in well in my wardrobe. Just an FYI for the bargain shoppers among us.

Joby, take care.

Joby,

What is your lab-baby's name?

We had a wonderful, beautiful, blond lab named Callaway who brought us such joy. We know exactly how you feel.

I have been overwhelmed with Thanksgiving and the travel coming up on Friday. I talked to Anita and she's going to help me post pictures a few times while we're visiting. So, this is like... wait for it... wait for it... coming attractions to a message board near you! I think it'll be fun and we can have some intense virtual travel and some interesting wardrobe discussions. I can tell you that I bought the most versatile top and I loved it with my outfits; it just happens to be a denim! Whatever! It worked for me...

You know Chico's (I guess everyone is) is having quite a sale. There is a great versatile top made from a high quality cotton that traveled really well for me. There is a color called Glowstick which is a warm, bright green that I think is going to blend in well in my wardrobe. Just an FYI for the bargain shoppers among us.

Joby, take care.

Hi Pam,

our beautiful Lab's name is Caico (pronounced cake-o- after the Turks and Caicos islands). She is such a joy and has a beautiful kind spirit. It has really broken our hearts!

Thanks for the new color name at Chico's. I'm always on the look out for acceptable Fire colors :)

I'll look forward to your pictures. Have a great and safe trip visiting your friends and your family.

Kim

I can't believe I've missed all of this color discussion! I haven't been on CC for a long time, but with my impending cruise (Sunday the 5th on Allure!!!!)...I thought I'd stop in. And what do I find??? One of my favorite topics for discussion!!!

I am an autumn daughter of a winter! I spent most of my life in winter clothes until I had my "colors done". It took me awhile to adjust to wearing warm tones after a lifetime in cool colors...but as I embraced it...I loved it so much! I even took a few seminars and worked as a color consultant for awhile.

My natural hair color is medium brown with a lot of red (kind of a copper look in the sunlight). I am very fair, and have brown eyes. As I've gotten a little older (and more gray), I've been going with red and golden blonde highlights on a warm medium brown base. It seems like the older I get, I'm finding I'm liking the spring tones a little more. Do we change as we get older?? Is it possible that spring colors will look better on a more mature autumn??

I second! Glad to read you had a great time...and do you have any pictures?

Hi! I have not posted for a while, but I can share this pic taken on my November cruise. I had a great time, but came back to a lay-off from my job that I ABSOLUTELY love. It was like the end of a relationship. :( :( (hmmm,,,there's no boo-hoo *smiley* on the smiley toolbar!!)

This is my first full week out of work. I have a phone interview tomorrow that seems quite promising, so wish me luck and positive thoughts!!

Thank you!!:)

76510_1213834881531_1698580066_372965_1775677_n.jpg

Hi! I have not posted for a while, but I can share this pic taken on my November cruise. I had a great time, but came back to a lay-off from my job that I ABSOLUTELY love. It was like the end of a relationship. :( :( (hmmm,,,there's no boo-hoo *smiley* on the smiley toolbar!!)

This is my first full week out of work. I have a phone interview tomorrow that seems quite promising, so wish me luck and positive thoughts!!

Thank you!!:)

Hi Terri,

I'm sorry to hear about your job loss and what crappy timing too! I hope your phone interview goes well. I'll say a Hail Mary for you :)

I love your picture. And, you have that elusive blue dress that I'm searching for. You look great in it!

Good luck tomorrow and let us know how things are going.

Kim

I can't believe I've missed all of this color discussion! I haven't been on CC for a long time, but with my impending cruise (Sunday the 5th on Allure!!!!)...I thought I'd stop in. And what do I find??? One of my favorite topics for discussion!!!

I am an autumn daughter of a winter! I spent most of my life in winter clothes until I had my "colors done". It took me awhile to adjust to wearing warm tones after a lifetime in cool colors...but as I embraced it...I loved it so much! I even took a few seminars and worked as a color consultant for awhile.

My natural hair color is medium brown with a lot of red (kind of a copper look in the sunlight). I am very fair, and have brown eyes. As I've gotten a little older (and more gray), I've been going with red and golden blonde highlights on a warm medium brown base. It seems like the older I get, I'm finding I'm liking the spring tones a little more. Do we change as we get older?? Is it possible that spring colors will look better on a more mature autumn??

Hi ChattieKathy, welcome to the conversation :)

I can't answer any of your questions authoritatively but according to our CJW, our colors stay the same throughout our lives. Maybe as we age we should go lighter or darker in our seasonal colors. I'm sure some of our resident experts will chime in :)

Kim...I'm so sorry to hear about Caico. I totally understand. We walked the same path recently with our own sweet little girl, Molly. She had been sick two other times in life and when the third time came around, she just wasn't going to get better again. I still cry ocassionally, I miss my sweet little Molly girl. I hope that you can enjoy your Caico for as long as possible. Pets ARE family. My heart goes out to you.

Terri...that picture is FABULOUS!! I love the pose. So romantic...;)

ChattieKathy...another welcome...Curt believes that you have your same coloring your whole life. In fact, as you get older, and your hair changes color, if you want to color your hair, he recommends that you return to the hair coloring that you had as a child. I do recall in the original Color Me Beautiful books that the author said that your coloring (and thus your season) could change as you get older (especially as your hair changes color), but I don't believe that.

The color palattes that are given by different color analysts can vary widely. The only difference between spring and autumn colors is clarity. Spring is clear with autumn muted. I would clarify that you are refering to the clear colors looking better on you? Or is it only that you are liking a lighter color (but still muted) which would still be an autumn color? It's possible that you were mislabeled an autumn...or like Kim said, you could just be moving toward the lighter end of the autumn spectrum.

To everyone...Mom (Pam) will be here in 12 days!!! I haven't seen her since a very fast weekend visit last March...I'm told that they took over 1800 pictures on their long vacation...we will not post all :eek:, but I think that we can keep the discussion alive and have some fun with virtual travel and talking about travel wardrobes and specifically a FIRE travel wardrobe (which will keep us on topic!) :cool:

but I think that we can keep the discussion alive and have some fun with virtual travel and talking about travel wardrobes and specifically a FIRE travel wardrobe (which will keep us on topic!) :cool:

Great idea, Anita. I would love to see pics! :)

ChattieKathy...another welcome...Curt believes that you have your same coloring your whole life. In fact, as you get older, and your hair changes color, if you want to color your hair, he recommends that you return to the hair coloring that you had as a child. I do recall in the original Color Me Beautiful books that the author said that your coloring (and thus your season) could change as you get older (especially as your hair changes color), but I don't believe that.

The color palattes that are given by different color analysts can vary widely. The only difference between spring and autumn colors is clarity. Spring is clear with autumn muted. I would clarify that you are refering to the clear colors looking better on you? Or is it only that you are liking a lighter color (but still muted) which would still be an autumn color? It's possible that you were mislabeled an autumn...or like Kim said, you could just be moving toward the lighter end of the autumn spectrum.

It's not impossible I was mislabeled. I originally had my colors done by a company that made a custom color packet for you after trying tons of fabric drapes. I think it was called "Over the Rainbow"...but that was 27 years ago :eek: My 28 year old daughter was a baby at the time. The colors they chose for me were heavy on the teals and aquas, salmony pinks, warm reds, various browns and some yellows. I did get some of the darker olives, but I've never really felt comfortable in rust, and the muddy golds even though they are typically autumn colors and were in my packet.

The other problem I have experienced over the years is that I'm a curvy girly-girl...not at all the "sporty-natural" type. I love ruffles and romantic style clothes. It is NOT easy to find romantic syle clothes in the autumn range. I think that I have rebelled against the style of many of the autumny (is that a word?:rolleyes:) fashion options.

My hair was a very coppery medium to light brown when I was little. My base color is now close to the natural. I get chunky blond and red highlights now (just to have some fun...got tired of paying big bucks to look "natural"!)

It's SO FUN to talk colors again...it's been quite a few years!

The colors they chose for me were heavy on the teals and aquas, salmony pinks, warm reds, various browns and some yellows. I did get some of the darker olives, but I've never really felt comfortable in rust, and the muddy golds even though they are typically autumn colors and were in my packet.

It's SO FUN to talk colors again...it's been quite a few years!

Weeeee-eeeelllll....hmmm

Depending on the quality of the swatches you were given. AND how well you were instructed in identifying your new color palatte...it is totally possible that you were not diagnosed very well. I think everyone that is posting on this particular thread is subscribing to a new color naming system that was started by Curt Jerome Wild. I don't know if you have read the "Seasons" thread on this board or not. If you have you know what I am about to write...

This is an interesting case because it goes to show you HOW color analysis has developed over the years...

But anyway, if you were not given a clearly defined WAY of identifying your palatte, but were only given swatches and told to try to match those or come close, then the color system that identified you could be the source of the problem.

Spring, or FIRE, is a palatte that is characterized by warm colors that are clear. Think of the Caribbean ocean...a brilliant sunset before the sun goes under the horizon...bright, bright, BRIGHT tropical flowers (or desert flowers too)...think coral, teal, aqua, granny apple green, sunshine yellow, tomato red, electric blue (the color of Terri's dress pictured earlier)...these are spring or FIRE colors.

Autumn, or EARTH, is a palatte that is characterized by warm colors that are muted. Think of Sedona, the Grand Canyon, the changing colors of the landscape in the autumn, the sunset AFTER the sun has gone below the horizon, bricks, terracotta pots, classic army gear/clothing, colors associated with Thanksgiving...think olive green, rust, marigold, warm wine colors, brick red...there is teal and salmony colors but they are muted, when you look at them, they aren't vibrant feeling, they are very MELLOW feeling...

To sum up, Spring = bright, clear, warm

Autumn = mellow, muted, warm

If you don't look FABULOUS in rust and muted yellows...I really question whether or not you are Autumn. Of course...until our eyes are trained to really understand what it is that makes a color look so good on ourselves, it can be hard to feel comfortable in certain colors. So there is that to take into consideration as well. Have you read the Seasons thread? There is some great information there about identifying your season. I think you should double check that Autumn label. :rolleyes:

Kim...I'm so sorry to hear about Caico. I totally understand. We walked the same path recently with our own sweet little girl, Molly. She had been sick two other times in life and when the third time came around, she just wasn't going to get better again. I still cry ocassionally, I miss my sweet little Molly girl. I hope that you can enjoy your Caico for as long as possible. Pets ARE family. My heart goes out to you.

Thanks so much, Anita. It's a lonely road to walk, isn't it? What kind of dog was Molly? I'm sorry for your loss too. It really is heartbreaking. We really are so thankful to have Caico at home. Every day she's made progress. We just want to take care of her and know that she's happy and pain free.

To everyone...Mom (Pam) will be here in 12 days!!! I haven't seen her since a very fast weekend visit last March...I'm told that they took over 1800 pictures on their long vacation...we will not post all :eek:, but I think that we can keep the discussion alive and have some fun with virtual travel and talking about travel wardrobes and specifically a FIRE travel wardrobe (which will keep us on topic!)

Have a great time with your parents! I'm excited and looking forward to sharing pictures and thoughts with both you and Pam :) It will be fun to share with you both.

Thanks for the heads up on the other thread! I'm working my way through it...and it is quite a long one!!

I think the thing that has always been challenging to me is that my mom is a classic winter with that "Snow White" look...light skin and dark, dark hair and eyes. I LOVE her colors and she is very dramatic in her choices. But...my own coloring is very different than hers and is very warm with ivory skin, and the coppery hair, and dark brown eyes.

The problem for me is I don't really LIKE the warm muted colors except for a few. Warm colors look better on me than cool. But if I have to wear warm, I tend to LIKE more in the spring/fire pallet...but it's more about colors I like than what looks best on me. I am confident that I'm warm...but I'm not convinced that those rusts, and muddy golds are my best. But is it my dislike of the colors in general?

I will post more on the other thread AFTER I read it all!!