Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

Hi, Sally!

Sorry for the interruption of Paris. I left everyone hanging while I got a good night's sleep!

Actually, what has been happening for the last few days here is just so awesome. Apparently, Anita saw my post to Laurie about booking the Allure of the Seas for its TransAtlantic to dry dock for next year (even though I'm pretty positive that I mentioned to her that I was considering doing that cruise). Anyway, after seeing (in writing) what we were going to do...

She called me and told me that she'd like to travel along with us!!! I was so excited by the very thought of how wonderful that would be that it made me cry! So emotional....

... as everyone can imagine, when Anita said that then all wheels had to start churning to make that happen! In a moment of love, my son-in-law told her that he was willing to take on all the household responsibilities for the time that she would be away. I sure didn't want him to have any second thoughts about his generosity!

So, bottom line is that stateroom bookings have been made. And, the pièce de résistance, air fare has been purchased! For me, that's when any cruise becomes a fait accompli, and I really know I'm going. So get ready for that pictodiary, ladies, cause Anita and I and her Dad will be traveling on the Allure of the Seas, in April, for 12 days! Followed by a few nights in Barcelona, and heading back home.

I'm so HAPPY!

.... and now, on with my story...

Does everyone remember the blue skies of Barcelona on our day of departure?

Waking up in Paris. Yes, I have those same, teeny tiny, cute coffee cups and an electric kettle to boil water for some tea and that absolutely horrible powdered coffee. But, guess what?!? In the middle of all of yesterday's madness, I saw a Starbucks! Yes. There was a Starbucks at that major mall we entered yesterday. So, the mission for today? Do I even have to put it into words?

Let me digress for just a moment.

The Paris Metro is really an outstanding public transportation system. Once you become familiar with the stations and their layout, it becomes really easy to navigate (caveat: without luggage!!!); actually, I may have forgotten to mention that we are staying at the Sofitel Paris La Défense, and our plan is that we will be using the Metro quite a lot. There is a weekly card that you can buy that gives you unlimited rides on all forms of public transportation, within your specific zone of travel... the situation is that the card is good from a minute after midnight on Sunday through the entire week until midnight on Sunday. If you can understand what I'm trying to convey; it isn't a rolling 7-day type of situation; literally, the card is good for the calendar week, beginning on Monday morning which is considered to be a minute after midnight on Sunday. Understand? So, this meant that we were going to be purchasing that Metro card on Monday, but until then... we were having to purchase single Metro tickets that were good for only one ride. Actually, I purchased 10 tickets at a time, or a book of 10... but 10 single-use tickets got dispensed upon purchase... this is the cheapest way to buy Metro rides if you don't buy the weekly pass. OK.

I told you that so you'd understand why we did more walking today. And why, even though the clouds looked a bit threatening, we walked, from one end of the Esplanade to the other, this morning.

Off to get coffee!

P9210657_zps1a7af88c.jpg

And, I have to show you one of the art pieces in the La Défense area. This one is by the artist, Joan Miró i Ferrà, who was a Catalan Spanish painter, sculptor, and ceramicist born in Barcelona. I didn't know this when I observed the art this morning, but I find it to be fascinating. Mr.Ferrà lived in Paris during the 20's and became firmly ensconced in the surrealist movement. This artwork, supposedly, doesn't have a name and, supposedly, speaks to kids and those adults who are young at heart. It, supposedly, represents some form of dance or dancers. Well! Can anyone explain it to me?!? I've always considered myself young at heart.... oh well.... This becomes one of many comparisons I begin to make between Barcelona and Paris. Blue skies vs Gray skies. Salvador Dali vs Joan Miró i Ferrà.

P9210660_zpsc66a2543.jpg

French croissants vs pastry filled with Catalan creme!

We have a reservation for Sunday brunch; I may have mentioned this already like multiple, multiple times. The restaurant is Un Dimanche à Paris, serving brunch from 11:00am to 3:00pm. It's interesting that both Barcelona and Paris use a 24-hour standard to post hours of operation; I found myself constantly doing math conversions on time! Our reservation is for 1:00pm, so we needed to eat a little something to tide us over until then; but we, in theory, had plenty of time to figure out our directions, ride the Metro, and arrive at this outstanding (according to reviews!) brunch!

We satisfied ourselves with a quick bite of pastries at the mall, surprisingly good! And the coffee was Starbucks; no matter where you go, there you are... so to speak... with a Starbucks latte. We went back to the hotel and I got on the internet to converse with Mr. Google and give him one more chance to help me figure out directions. Wow; major confusion. Not to worry. Let's go to the hotel reception and have that lovely, young lady assist us with directions.

Furrowed brow. Uh oh. She does a lot of tapping on her keyboard and a lot of gazing at the monitor. Finally, she says that we might enjoy a lovely walk along the Seine to get to our destination. We should take the Metro to the Châtelet station, exit, walk along the Seine, and arrive at our destination. Voilà! She hands us a map of Paris, and informs us that the street we will be seeking is not printed on the map because it is so small that the map cannot contain the name. Uh oh. She circles a block with her magic marker and asks us to enjoy and bonjour.

Does anyone think this ends well?

Everyone knows the difference between researching something, especially directions, and then trying to actually get where you're going once you arrive at your start point, right? Keep in mind that we haven't really gotten ourselves familiar with the Metro. Yesterday, we experienced a horrible situation with the RER train and having to make a connection between two lines. I knew that she had told us to exit at a different station than I thought we should use, but I was going to trust a local person who was giving me information rather than rely on what I thought was correct. Anyone remember the experience at the Espanya station in Barcelona. Why, yes... another comparison!

Sitting on the Metro. I became worried. I handed the map to my husband and told him to familiarize himself with the area, please. It's 12:30pm. Plenty of time.

We exit the station and we don't have a clue where we are. Looking at my husband. He informs me that there was no way that he could look at the map on the Metro. Too bouncy. Print too small. Lots of issues. We stand outside the station and fruitlessly search the map for a hint, just a tiny hint, of where we are in relation to where we really want to be.

A nice young man sees us standing there, deep in conversation, obviously needing help. So he assists us! Furrowed brow. Uh oh. Brings the map closer to his eyes so he can attempt to "see" where we're going. Oh. Just walk across the Seine. OK. That sounds familiar. Just walk across the Seine, and there you are. Voilà! Bonjour.

Except...

OK. Let me tell you now. There is an area of the Seine where it splits in two; yes, we were at that point. When you "walk across the Seine," in order to fully walk across the Seine, you must walk across two bridges... TWO bridges. Not one bridge, and then look around to find your street. Two bridges; hope I've emphasized that enough. Wish I'd known then what I know now.

So, let me cut to the chase. We walked for 1 hour and 15 minutes to try to find our street. Did we finally find it? Yes, we did. We are stubborn like that.

It was 2:00pm. Exactly one hour after our reservation. Exactly one hour until the restaurant would stop serving brunch.

P9210677_zps15f3feaa.jpg

Look at this street and those people! OMG. Part of the reason that it took us so long to find the "courtyard" of the restaurant is that it started to rain, really, really rain... quite hard. We had umbrellas. We ended up trying to juggle our umbrellas, while continuing to try to use the map. I was really, really upset... so upset. This was so frustrating to me because I had put such an importance on this brunch as a wonderful experience for my DH... and, well, me too. I was on the verge of ruining everything by my inability to even find the restaurant and, further, control my emotions. Good grief. How is it even possible that people sat through all that rain?

Does anyone think this ends well?

We enter the restaurant and engage in conversation with the maître d'hôtel. The very, very French maître d'hôtel. I'm pretty emotional, at this point.

Edited by Member123
How did that image get at the front of my post? no clue

So, let me see if I can even tell this story in any way that it is understandable. I think you have to remember a bit about my personality to actually understand this dialogue. OK. So, here goes....

I have to add that there are two people in front of me. Before I even begin talking, they are both shaking their heads in the most sincere, apologetic manner... but their heads are shaking negatively.... back and forth... back and forth... orchestrated together in the universal body language that means... no.

Anyway, I proceed...

"Parlez-vous anglais, se il vous plaît?"... to which I get a cautious nod.. yes. Hey, I got his head to stop swiveling back and forth and start going up and down! "We have a reservation that was made by the concierge of our hotel for today. Unfortunately, we didn't receive the best directions, and we got terribly lost. We did the best we could to arrive on time, but we are a bit late."

"Madam, your reservation is under what name? ... Yes, I see your reservation. Unfortunately, the time is for 1:00pm and you are more than a bit late. You are an hour late. I have given your table to another person."

And I say, "No, that can't be right. You should have given my table to at least two other persons, don't you think?"

He gives me a surprised look. "Madam, why didn't you call the restaurant?"

I said, "How am I supposed to have done that?"

He said, "your cell phone?"

So, I said, "What? I'm an American! We invent such things for the enjoyment of others. What makes you think that I would have one for my own personal use?" At this point, I've actually got this French person to smile and, let me tell you, that is no small feat. I think I start to babble. "Please. If it's at all possible for us to keep our reservation. Does it help that I'm being nicer to you than I was to my husband just a few minutes ago?"

He SAID to me, and I'm not kidding about this... "What does it matter to me if you are nice to me, or not. I am gay."

So, I said to him. "I know you are. Isn't everyone in Paris? I mean they call it 'gay Paree' for a reason, right?" <gosh, I hope I'm not going to offend anyone with this remark. This is what I actually said.>

And, this time? Hey, I got him to laugh and I got the server to laugh.

I said, "My husband loves chocolate. As a matter of fact, he is probably the biggest chocolate lover of all time."

And, he interrupted me! ... "Madam. Please follow me. I have a lovely table for you."

Yes! Yes! Yes! Voilà!

And this is the turning point where Paris began to get a whole lot better!

One thing I knew, before we arrived, is that I was going to enjoy a glass of French champagne. That idea went right out the window. Let me tell you, with the morning that I'd just created for myself? Nothing but a bottle would do!

DSC00735_zps63ef987f.jpg

The restaurant has two menus: a standard menu and a gourmet menu. I'm sure that the gourmet menu is catering to French tastes and, perhaps, gourmet eaters. I am, simply, not in that category. The regular menu is just fine with me! It was so, so good. Let me share this wonderful brunch with you. Keep in mind that there is chocolate in each course. Also, keep in mind that we were seated at a little after 2:00pm and, because of the hours of their brunch offering, I think our service was a bit more speedy than leisurely. No worries. It was fantastic.

They brought out the most wonderful bread along with a chocolate sauce. For me, another latte. For DH, hot chocolate (of course!).

DSC00733_zpsbdd48176.jpg

DSC00734_zpsa9ec6cd4.jpg

In the above picture, sitting alongside my latte is a container of Greek-style yogurt with little balls of dark chocolate, milk chocolate, and caramel. Those are little jars of French jam from Alain Milliat. Look him up! If you run across this product here in the United States, buy it! Absolutely delicious.

Just a little time between courses to give you an idea of our environment.

P9210668_zpsc0f98674.jpg

DSC00736_zps24d55621.jpg

Parisian coifs. And notice the wall, as it's incredibly special. I copied some information about it: Then, there is the wall… in a perfect marriage of traditional and contemporary design, Un Dimanche à Paris incorporates an intact multi-story column from the 13th century Philippe Auguste walls that once encircled the small city straddling the Seine that was then Paris. The wall is artfully worked into the shop design, providing a stunning architectural element that is the perfect centerpoint for an establishment that carefully honors tradition but is also utterly modern.

And, for our main, we had a smoked salmon omelette.

DSC00731_zps060ddc59.jpg

Notice the pink peppercorns. I don't know what they did to achieve the flavor, but those peppercorns tasted like spicy chocolate.

Even though we were "a bit" late for our reservation... and the restaurant discontinued service after the last seating at 3:00pm... we never felt rushed or hurried, in any way, and were able to leisurely enjoy our champagne.

P9210666_zpsab6119ee.jpg

Look at all that food! And drink! Along with everything else, they offered you a choice of fresh juices. OMG. I just can't rave about this brunch... oh, wait... I am raving about this brunch.

Omigosh. My hair is the worst for going through the emotional aggravation and the rain! You know, before anyone else makes mention... yes, I am going to get an everyday watch. Good grief. That heart rate monitor is just not THAT attractive, is it? I do love my red sweater, though. And even though the weather has turned gray and chilly, it was such a relief to be wearing something different than my swim dress and rash guard. I also have different shoes! Yeah!

Beautiful accoutrements...

DSC00749_zpscdbac2a7.jpg

... and, finally, dessert.

DSC00739_zpsb9db9d46.jpg

That is a slice of what they are calling "fruit bread," followed by madeleines, Paris brest, and chocolate bark. The chocolate bark was a bit dry, but heavenly if you smeared some of that chocolate sauce they brought with the baguette. Wow.

The maître d'hôtel came by the table to check up on us. Really? This is something that I read was never done; they leave you alone and expect that everything is fine unless you get their attention. This isn't bad service; it's the custom within the French culture of restaurant service. So, i was very surprised to receive this visit. I told him that I was feeling a whole, whole lot better than just a short while ago. And, I thanked him again for his gracious hospitality.

P9210674_zps494f781a.jpg

That wasn't the best picture in terms of focus and sharpness. (maybe my DH was in a champagne fog?) I wanted to show you my complete outfit, but also the lady standing by the counter with me. One more comparison with Barcelona; her outfit style was repeated over and over in Paris.

Finally, there is a chocolate shop next door to the restaurant area. Also, upstairs there is a classroom where they give pastry and chocolate classes. I would LOVE to attend one of those! To round out this brunch stop, here are just a few pictures of some of the work being done on the premises to stock the goodies on offer in the chocolate shop. The pictures have an interesting element in them because the people are behind glass, so I'm getting quite a bit of reflection from the street outside.

DSC00748_zps0d62b871.jpg

DSC00747_zpsc2f3e2ee.jpg

We are definitely fortified and happy. It's time to explore Paris.

So, it's Sunday afternoon in Paris. Just in case anyone reading this wants to go to the restaurant, Un Dimanche à Paris, it's so easy to find if you just use the Odéon metro station. The restaurant is located in the 6th arrondissement of Paris. After coming topside from the metro station, the courtyard entrance for the restaurant, Cours du Commerce Saint-André, is right across the street!

There are so many wonderful shops in the same area. Right next door is a fantastic all-things-olive shop: everything from utensils, bowls, containers made from olive wood, to infused oils, to body lotions. I could have spent hours in that one shop, alone. There are also wonderful chocolate shops that display incredible chocolate creations, everything from whimsical to just beautiful arrangements made from chocolate.

A leisurely walk across the Seine was, indeed, a wonderful experience. Our hotel receptionist was absolutely correct when she mentioned the opportunity, as long as your emotions are in control and you're not trying to get somewhere with any sense of urgency. Strolling along the Seine, just one delight after another. I have a few pictures to give you an idea.

P9210693_zpsc028ddf8.jpg

DSC00758_zps359543fb.jpg

Is everyone familiar with this concept? I believe it was started at Ponte Vecchio in Florence, Italy. The idea is that lovers will "lock" their love together and then throw the key into the Seine as a proclamation of "undying" love.

Congratulations! Congratulations!

DSC00766_zps1033f91b.jpg

A beautiful dress... literally ON the streets of Paris...

DSC00767_zpsf18d1bf7.jpg

So funny....

DSC00763_zpsca171e07.jpg

And a more focused outfit picture. Resting along the Seine...

P9210697_zpseecd9b12.jpg

Back to a bit of a discussion about my wardrobe and some of the poor choices that I made. This jacket, in my opinion, was a mistake for a TRAVEL wardrobe because it lacks the neutrality that was so desperately needed, by me, for this trip. I thought there was way more versatility in that jacket than it proved to be; right now I can't actually figure out why I had such difficulty using my list. But, here's one clue: this outfit that I put together for this Sunday morning wasn't even on my Ensemble List. Maybe it had something to do with the lack of storage and organization in the hotel room. I know that might be a stretch, but I just didn't have the ability to get my outfits together in the way that I'd intended for them to be worn, so I think I just put on the first thing I saw that matched the needs of the day (weather-related, activity, etc.). In thinking about it, maybe that's what happened.

Oh, look! This was such FUN.

DSC00772_zps46f4ab5b.jpg

We were in a plaza where this band was playing and there were rollerbladers who were jumping over obstacles and doing stunts. There was a crowd gathered, mainly watching the band and occasionally glancing over at the stunts. Do you know what struck me so much about this crowd? OK. This year I got to visit New Orleans. Do you know what happens in New Orleans when an impromptu band starts playing? We were at a courtyard in New Orleans and watched the antics of the crowd... the dancing... the swaying... the toe tapping... the SMILING... Just look at these people?!?

DSC00776_zps7b9a6ce6.jpg

THIS is what they're observing! Who would know?!?

DSC00778_zpscaf86ace.jpg

DSC00787_zpsc96464f8.jpg

And, THIS, ladies is the quintessential Parisian look. Beautifully coifed hair. Straight leg (even cigarette leg) pants. Ballet flats. Jacket, whether quilted or not. A touch of conservative jewelry. Here we have an homage to the weekend (I think) because there is a slight touch of color: so many of the ladies would wear black ballet flats and have on a black top, with a hint of gold or silver in some sort of subtle, graphic design. Nothing flashy, at all.

In my hotel room there was an English magazine that had an interview discussing how to achieve the Parisian look. The information is that you must achieve perfection in the mirror... and then do something to give a hint of "almost" but "not quite" perfection; for example, pull a loose strand of hair from your perfect coif and let it fall naturally against your cheek; achieve a tiny hint of playfulness. So much work! But, really beautiful...

We just walked and walked and walked some more. By the time sunset was upon us, we decided to head back to our hotel and just grab a quick bite in... yes!... the mall. That mall... what can I say?... it was easy, lots of choices, great people watching opportunities. All good.

P9210731_zps86d697a6.jpg

So, we ended up at a casual restaurant. I think everyone is aware that the tables are really, really close in most restaurants... and the mall is no different. But, one of the first things you learn is that you don't assume that just because the next table is close to you that they want to engage you in conversation; in fact, Parisians are excellent at making absolutely no eye contact with you... whether you're in a restaurant or the Metro... no eye contact.

For me, this can be difficult. Can you imagine?

Next to us is an interesting couple. She's Chinese. He's Indian. They are speaking with Australian accents! Oh, how could I NOT talk to them? I'm not sure who broke the ice; I think what happened is that we had ordered a bottle of water and it got delivered to them by mistake. So, in the straightening out of that incident, I think the waiter's mistake is what opened up the opportunity of us having a conversation.

AND, one of the first things they said is that it was so difficult for them, being in Paris, because no one made eye contact and said "G'day" or just acted friendly on the street or in the restaurants! We ended up discussing our cultural differences with the Parisians: I made them laugh by describing an American on the Metro... like when an American arrives on the Metro it's all about "hey, I'm here. Look at you! YOU look interesting. Hey, anyone here having a good day. Anyone? Anyone?"... looking all around and bouncing in your seat.

Street musicians will come onto the Metro, with their boom box and start to play their instrument... maybe a violin... maybe a guitar... maybe a saxophone. And the Parisians will, literally, sit there and roll their eyes and stare out the window. They will only make eye contact with a tourist who gives the street performer a tip; it's like they're trying to stare the tourist down and mentally communicate... DON'T DO THAT... Don't encourage this behavior! You know, after a few times on a crowded Metro... I get it! I understand completely. Don't encourage that behavior. It gets annoying when you need to just get from Point A to Point B; just one more person to bump into.

Back to our conversation with the Australians. Can you imagine? Of course! I asked! You kind of look Chinese; how come you're speaking with an Australian accent? We did get to hear their interesting story. And, for the first time EVER, I was told that I didn't SOUND American. I don't have an American accent. What?!? I wonder what accent she associates with American: Boston, New York, Southern? It's an entertaining thought, isn't it? Travel is so fascinating.

OK. So tomorrow... more Paris wanderings. Visit the Tuileries garden. Get our METRO card!

So enjoying your report, Pam and the photos! I am laughing about some of the foul ups--laughing because it wasn't me in the situations:eek: it's funny how we can laugh about something after the fact sometimes but find absolutely no humor in it at the time. I hope you can laugh about it now, or is it still too fresh?????

Anita joining you on your next cruise, what fun that will be! I want to go--waaaahhh.

Continue on with this fascinating report please.

Hi, Kim,

You know, with me, usually I'm good as soon as the stressful moment passes. i don't really hang onto all that angst and irritation... especially if I can drown my sorrows in a glass of champagne or wine! Not really, I just try to put it behind me as quickly as possible.

Thanks, everyone, for your words of encouragement. I sure hope I'm not being too long-winded or boring...

This day was so packed with activity. We had a lot of fun. We started off the day with a nice, leisurely latte (yes, at Starbucks) and a croissant and pastry at the mall. There was a restaurant, La Croissanterie, that had wonderful croissants for only 1Euro. Such a bargain!

We went to the Metro window and purchased our Metro card, called a Navigo Découverte. The card, itself, costs 5Euro. There is a lot of confusing information, on the internet, regarding this card. Basically, it comes in two pieces, stiff heavy card stock paper: the one piece is the card that contains a kind of RFID-spot that sends a signal to the reader on a transportation turnstile so that you can gain entry; the other piece is the card that you are supposed to place your ID picture on (it has a self-adhesive area) and write in your name... essentially this is the ownership proof. Both pieces are placed, together, in a plastic card holder. You cannot share the card; each person needs to have their own. After you purchase the card itself, you decide on the zone area that you want to purchase: 20,40Euro for Paris zones 1, 2 (if you feel like you'll be traveling a lot outside Paris you can buy for all five zones, including the airport, for 34,40Euro for the week). The Metro lady was extremely helpful; she just loaded on the zone payment for the week at the time I purchased the card. She did give me a very explicit warning: Put on your ID picture and your ID information. Do this immediately. She said that I could probably use the card for this day without ID, but I would need to show anyone who asked my receipt to prove that I had just purchased the card.

You know what? Why make an aggravation for myself? I decided to go back to the hotel and get this card taken care of. My DH had taken our passports down to the business center to get photocopies of our pictures; I just trimmed the copies to the size needed to use the self-adhesive area. We were good to go. What a wonderful thing to have an unlimited use of public transportation for the whole week.

It was a beautiful day so we headed into Paris and decided to make the Tuileries our first stop.

DSC00794_zps3526d381.jpg

How amazing to have such beautiful flowers still blooming in September! The Tuileries gardens are full of statutes, landscaped beds, and are situated very close to the Louvre.

Congratulations! Congratulations!

DSC00796_zps28ca14c1.jpg

I don't know if this was a renewal of vows or the blending of a new family or if the little boy is a nephew, etc., but I thought this was so precious and they look so happy!

DSC00797_zpsfb78d8e1.jpg

And her dress was stunning.

OK. Here's my outfit for the day.

DSC00800_zpsb0fcc566.jpg

FIRE ladies. You know that concept of "not looking like a tourist." How in the world would we ever be able to adapt to the typical Parisian "look." It's not going to happen, so just enjoy your colors when you're in Paris.

Even this ICE, in Paris, was showing a bit of "tourist" color! This picture is for Anita.

DSC00816_zps05856c7e.jpg

Walking out of the Tuileries garden into the Place de la Concorde... we stumbled onto a fashion shoot! I believe that this shoot is supposed to be all about the handbags; we stayed here for a while. I'll take you through a progression of entertaining pictures.

P9220747_zps50be4141.jpg

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00809_zps6596c3f8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00809_zps6596c3f8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9220752_zps4456de47.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9220752_zps4456de47.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00813_zps6fe27274.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00813_zps6fe27274.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00814_zps863cd27f.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00814_zps863cd27f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00810_zps75a0f881.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00810_zps75a0f881.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9220751_zps3b8bdf17.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9220751_zps3b8bdf17.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Finally, off we go... because we have another mission for today. We're going to buy our Museum Pass, which is a booklet that you can purchase for a certain number of days. In our opinion, not only is this Pass worth its "weight in gold" for the reduced cost of admission prices, but they have separate Museum Pass lines that you get to go through. I can't tell you the number of hours (not minutes, but hours) that this Pass saved us, during the week. Plus, you can enter and re-enter the same museum as many times as you want! So, you don't have to go to the Louvre for a whole day... you can go for just a few hours on multiple days. This Museum Pass is THE way to do it, if you enjoy visiting museums.

And, here's another tip: you don't have to use the Museum Pass on the day that you purchase, and you don't have to go into the museum where you purchase the pass. For example, if you don't have this pass and you want to visit the Louvre, you'd have to stand in line, with everyone else who needs a ticket, and buy your pass. To my knowledge (I may need to be corrected here), I've never seen a separate line for Museum Pass purchase. We needed to buy our passes today, because tomorrow is the day that we want to go to Versailles. We want to have our passes all ready for this BIG event.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9220762_zps718bd803.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9220762_zps718bd803.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This is the view from the Army Museum, looking toward the Esplanade des Invalides. It is simply a beautiful, stunning walk. Here lies the tomb of Napoleon. This isn't one of the more popular museums so there wasn't a line, at all. We purchased our passes and moved right along. Today wasn't a day for history! Today was a day for fashion! On to the Champs-Elysees!

It's just a beautiful, beautiful street filled with so much opportunity for retail therapy. We had such fun with the mannequins of Barcelona; let's look at a few from Paris.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00867_zps2044b585.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00867_zps2044b585.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00866_zpsde81b842.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00866_zpsde81b842.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00868_zps96d266c6.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00868_zps96d266c6.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I was aware of the almost cult following for the Abercrombie & Fitch stores; but I was absolutely unprepared for the store itself. To get to the store's location, you enter through this area...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9220767_zps67cc6aef.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9220767_zps67cc6aef.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

and this awaits you...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00823_zps123d8444.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00823_zps123d8444.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

So, it's time for a story.

Bathrooms. Specifically, public bathrooms in Paris... do not seem to exist. If you have the need for a bathroom, you are already in dire straits... because you'll never be able to find a public bathroom. I got very clever at finding facilities; I went into hotel lobbies; made sure that I used any restaurant facility, whether I needed to... or not.

But, right now... at this point, my DH informed me that he could "really use a facility right about now." Uh oh. Now I have a dilemma to overcome; I have to figure out where we can locate a facility for his comfort. And, I have to speak French in order to get the job done.

Shouldn't Abercrombie & Fitch have an outrageous men's facility?!? I mean... they certainly have an outrageous store! The interior of this store is so dark, and LOUD... booming music... total atmosphere... We walk all around, three stories up and down, and can't locate a facility anywhere. So I approach a young lady at a cash register and ask for assistance. I'm told that there isn't a facility in the entire store; furthermore, there isn't a public facility in the entire area. What to do? Well, as I was turning to leave, she decided that she would take us to the employees' facility... in the stockroom area of the store. She had to escort us there. This was highly entertaining, I have to say! She spoke a bit of English, but wasn't conversant. We managed to have a great conversation anyway. Such a kind young lady.

And, now that we've got that matter behind us, we can proceed with our touristy selves.

On to Ladurée...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00834_zpse19979c2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00834_zpse19979c2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I didn't have a macaroon! In the entire time I was in Paris, I didn't eat one single macaroon! OMG. I couldn't make up my mind what flavor I wanted... and thought that I'd just get one the next day... and... there you have it. Such a disappointment. The only macaroon I've ever tasted was in Australia! Australia! What?!? LOL. It was good.

So, it's time for lunch! And looking at all those macaroons made DH hungry for chocolate. The lady at Abercrombie & Fitch told us that she loved the pizza at a restaurant that was fairly close, so off we went to grab some lunch.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00832_zps0f2625cd.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00832_zps0f2625cd.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The pizza was tasty. But what sold the menu to my DH was their profiteroles! Anyone familiar? A pate choix pastry puff filled with creme and smothered in chocolate sauce. Good grief.

We were on the Champs-Elysses for hours. It's not quite the same as Las Ramblas, but it does provide a lot of people watching entertainment. We stumbled onto "something" happening in front of one of the embassies; I have tried to research what this could have been, but I've gotten nowhere in finding out information. Interesting.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00864_zpsc64d92e4.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00864_zpsc64d92e4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00858_zps632f6cee.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00858_zps632f6cee.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

They were just out on the street, having their pictures taken with anyone who wanted to stand beside them. So, as I've mentioned, we have a big day planned for tomorrow, so when it comes time for dinner... we decide that we'll just head back to our La Défense area and get a light meal. Well, that was the intention anyway.

We found Duke Burger House. Well, it only seems right. On a day that you've indulged in pizza, you might as well have a hamburger chaser, right?

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00873_zps49aef1ff.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00873_zps49aef1ff.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Omigosh. This place was so funny! In Paris! Somebody really liked New York City. This was a sports bar; had such quirky decoration. But the hamburger was seriously, seriously good.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00875_zps7297cc89.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00875_zps7297cc89.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

So, tomorrow. Versailles. I'm trusting Mr. Google to give me detailed instructions on how to get to Versailles. Does anyone sense a looming problem with that idea?

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]PAM- this is so entertaining and informative! I LOVE IT! :cool::D[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I laughed my pants off! It's so funny as you tell it, but I know it wasn't that funny when it all happened. Guess I wasn't the only one who had a few hiccups on their trip this year.[/FONT]
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]And public bathrooms...I HAVE to know where they are at all times. Guess Paris is definately out for me!:o[/FONT]
As for the fashion, I guess I'm an old fuddy duddy, cause I don't care for Paris fashion.. I'm more a classic, romantic kinda gal.
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]Can't wait to see what happens next in Versailles.[/FONT] Edited by snuggles

... and the morning dawns brightly.

I have neglected to show you the Starbucks location! Let me remedy that...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00877_zps74830f85.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00877_zps74830f85.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Kind of like a lot of Starbucks locations you've already seen, right?

So, today... today started off quite well, in Starbucks, with friendly service and a tasty latte. I had all my plans together. My Museum Pass. My DIRECTIONS on how to get to Versailles. My camera fully charged. Ready. Set. Get Going.

Off to the Metro station that would have the RER C train to Versailles... just like Mr. Google told me to do.

I just can't get into the detail of this, too much, because it is extremely confusing. Let me just say the following: remember how you had to cross the Seine by walking over TWO bridges to get to the proper street for the Sunday brunch restaurant? Remember how Mr. Google (and the concierge I have to be honest) omitted that one little detail that made all the difference in being able to actually find your destination? Well, Mr. Google should keep his stupid information to himself if he's just going to spout off what he "believes" to be true without really knowing what he's talking about! If I sound a little bitter... that's only because I AM! Mr. Google and I are no longer seeing each other; we are no longer BFFs; put simply, Mr. Google and I have gone our separate ways and I will NOT be talking with him again. Not now; not ever... Well, at least not for the remainder of this trip!

Let me put it this way. There are three train stations in Versailles. Not all the RER C trains will go to the station that you want, but they all pretty much have the name Versailles somewhere in their description. You'd better have a handle on a little bit of French or some familiarity with the exact name that you're wanting! Also, much like the Seine that splits at various points in Paris, the RER C train(s) have about three different tracks that they can follow; also, not all the Metro stations have RER C trains that are going in the DIRECTION of Versailles. So..... when Mr. Google tells you to just go, say, to this particular Metro station, he might increase your 45-minute anticipated train ride to 3 HOURS!

I can't even begin to tell you how frustrated, disappointed, irritated... OK. I have to remember what Margaret said, "You're lost, but you're in Paris!" Oh, wait. Margaret hadn't put that little voice into my ear quite yet! But, thank you, Margaret, in hindsight, I should have been able to handle the disappointment of this day just a little bit better.

So, standing in the Metro station, I knew that the trip to Versailles just wasn't going to happen. And, I drew a complete and total and absolute blank on what we should do next. This is what I knew: I didn't want to go to the Louvre because I had a whole day planned for tomorrow that centered around going to the Louvre, and that would also get ruined. So, No.. when DH suggested the Louvre, I didn't think so. Also, I didn't want to go to the Museum d'Orsay, because I had a whole day planned on Thursday that centered around going to the Museum d'Orsay, and that would also get ruined. So, No... when DH suggested the Museum d'Orsay, I didn't think so!

A complete, total blank mind.

OK. Let's go to the Bastille. Why did I want to go to the Bastille? In hindsight, I think it was because of a book that I'd read. Now, bear with me here because this is kind of important. The book is, [B]The Lost King of France: How DNA Solved the Mystery of the Murdered Son of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette[/B], by author [I]Deborah Cadbury[/I]. This story will, truly, break your heart. I can't even describe to you the grief I felt for this little boy; the only thing that shook me out of it was the realization that I was grieving for something that happened over two hundred years ago! The story is horrific; very, very sad. That is my warning to you, but also... the book is amazing in how it brings the whole history of France quite to life, and its very descriptive in the best way!

So, I thought of going to the Bastille, I think, because it plays a role in the story of Versailles, Louis XVI, and Marie Antoinette. And, guess what? There's a Metro station, with the name "Bastille," so... off we go.

We get topside from this Metro station and look around, very puzzled. Shouldn't the Bastille be kind of, sort of, right about here? Isn't it kind of a big building?
Well, yes. Except that it was overrun by the French Revolution and destroyed in 1789! Did everybody know this already?!? And, what remains of the Bastille prison is simply a commemorative brick!... although we never did find it.

OH! Guess what happened at the Bastille Metro station? When we were walking down one of the corridors to get to the exit, we noticed several people making a hasty U-turn and, literally, running back from whence they came (so to speak). Puzzled. Then we saw that the corridor was blocked by a number of official looking individuals, in uniform. I saw a young lady on the side of the corridor, displaying her passport to one official. And then we heard... "May I see your ticket please?" Interesting, right? Someone on Trip Advisor's Paris Travel Forum had told people that they didn't need to bother with their IDs/pictures on their Navigo Decouverte card; oh yes! Yes, you do! The Metro lady was right! We showed them our cards and had no difficulties; they looked at our picture IDs and glanced at our faces; good to go. Anyone else see the irony that this happened at the [U]Bastille[/U] Metro Station?

So, after the disappointment of walking around and trying to find the Bastille (because I didn't find out until later that it can been destroyed completely), we decided to head someplace that we were at least a little familiar. I had read how beautiful the Gare de Lyon train station is... and that there's an amazing restaurant located there. So, off we go to that little adventure.

It's a beautiful, beautiful restaurant. It's called Le Train Bleu, and it's one of the most expensive luncheon menus I've ever seen! It also has things I just wouldn't enjoy; I'm not big on offal (of any kind); don't like tartare (prefer most of my food cooked except for, maybe, celery); foie gras and I just don't get along; I don't want to spend an extortionist amount of money for truffles with anything. Expensive! Very, very expensive!

Besides, by now, my frustration level has soared. OK. Let's go somewhere that we've actually seen already and kind of, sort of, know that we can afford. So, off we go to the 6th arrondissement where we saw a lot of cute restaurants. This just wasn't our day for "getting it right." We thought that the restaurant would be good, and it was edible. That's being kind. There's a reason why it is number 5,794 out of 12,992 restaurants in Paris; let's just say. The reason that it has such a high rating (tongue in cheek) has not so much to do with food and a bit to do with people watching at its corner cafe location. Well, we couldn't really take advantage of that because the smoke was just too, too heavy, and I couldn't stand it. So, we were seated in a weird, little area in the interior that didn't make for... pleasant surroundings. Enough said.

OK, then... what could possibly be next?

Well... let's just walk along the Seine. That'll work. And, let's entertain ourselves by trying to take bizarre selfies. And, then... let's end the day at the Eiffel Tower!

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9230840_zps74e18b1d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9230840_zps74e18b1d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Play a bit with the camera. Just want to let this day be one for the history books and call it done. Oh, by the way... to continue whining... I hate this outfit! Is this jacket just all wrong? Is it actually AIR? Is my skin as gray as I think it is in this jacket?

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9230852_zpse0674828.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9230852_zpse0674828.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

So... my DH doesn't know to leave well enough... alone. As they say. He decides that we should try to make a reservation at that restaurant that we had reserved but couldn't get into because of the "private party" Lebanese wedding. I told him... please, no. Please, let's just end this day. It doesn't feel like that's the right thing to do. But, he went to the hotel concierge and came back with a reservation. Oh, yes! If we can get to the restaurant in the next 20 minutes, we can have a meal! Furrowed brow. Did you get directions? No. I'm not going anywhere without explicit, detailed, blow-by-blow, step-by-step directions. I'm telling you right now... but I was talking to an empty room because he'd gone back down to the hotel lobby.

He comes back. It's looking good. Well, he thinks it's looking good! He has detailed directions. OK. We head out. Would you even believe it if I told you that... those directions that he got from the concierge were the exact same directions that Mr. Google had given me on Sunday night! Are you freakin' kidding me? Oh, that's when I found out that the concierge had used Mr. Google to look up the restaurant directions! What?!? Mr. Google and I are NOT on speaking terms! Did I NOT tell you that I didn't want to hear another word out of Mr. Google's mouth?!? SO....

After the attempt to use the directions and realizing that we were just retracing our steps from our first failed attempt... and I didn't want to go through the effort that we'd done on the first go around... and we only had 20 minutes anyway... we head back to the hotel. AND, my DH... not to be persuaded that this is a bad, bad idea... decides to enlist the help of the concierge by placing a phone call to the restaurant and ask THEM for directions. You are NOT going to believe what happened next.... <drumroll> they didn't know how to give us directions to walk there. They suggested a taxi. So, we asked them what directions we should give the taxi? They didn't know. I was done; that's the end of the line for me.

We end up at the mall for a quick bite to eat. And, would you believe... chicken wings! Well, that's what I had for dinner while my DH had a hamburger.

I was so frazzled and just worn down by the events of this day. In hindsight, there are so many things that we could have done differently! As a matter of fact, I had a whole list of Plan-B ideas for (a) restaurants, (b) patisseries, (c) bistros, (d) walks! So much information! I didn't even think to go back to the hotel and regroup. A regret. But, you know what... it was only one day! It wasn't a horrible day... it just wasn't the best day ever.

From this point on... I study a Paris street map, a detailed Paris street map. I write down ALL the directions... detailed directions... that go something like "when you exit the Metro, walk in the opposite direction of oncoming traffic"; you should see "x" and "y" and.... blah, blah, blah... you get the picture. We did NOT get lost again... or deal with incomplete, erroneous information. Bye, bye Mr. Google; don't need you in my life.

Just a little background, here.

In 2006, DH and I visited Paris. It was our first vacation in years and years and years of not having any vacation because of the demands of being self-employed. I'm talking years, for real. So, in 2006, DH thinks it would be a good idea to take a TransAtlantic cruise, on the Jewel of the Seas... leaving Harwich, England and disembarking in Boston. We had taken a cruise, years ago... to the Caribbean and a short 3-night cruise out of Los Angeles. We weren't big cruisers. We'd never gone to Europe; we'd never really done any sightseeing, having had just a few resort-type vacations where we did a lot of relaxation. This cruise "idea" was very different from anything we'd ever done.

We researched, a bit, and found out how easy it is to take the Eurostar from London to Paris. So, in 2006, we visited Paris for a few days.

We learned a lot about ourselves on that cruise! We learned we could do the stateroom "dance;" we survived being together in a very, very small space! More importantly, we learned just how much we love historical sites, being in another culture, hearing different languages being spoken, visiting museums, walking, walking, walking (well, the walking might be a stretch... for me!). We love travel! We found out that we are travelers, not just vacationers.

Anyway, we had visited Paris... 8 years ago! Yes, we would have returned to Paris much, much sooner... it's just that there's so much to see in this world! Especially, especially if you get started a bit later in life. But, when we visited Paris... we had found a great bistro that served the best omelettes. So, today was a bit of a return to nostalgia... we wanted to go to L'Imperial, and see if it still retained its charm.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9240856_zps0bdebd1a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9240856_zps0bdebd1a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Why, Yes! Yes, it did. Happy, happy, happy. Look at this cute restaurant.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9240859_zps17860049.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9240859_zps17860049.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The decor just screams Paris, to me! It is located on the Rue de Rivoli. I didn't take any photos of the omelettes, but they were identical to the food memory that I retained of them, from years ago. Just a perfect bite to start off the day.

By the way, in case you're wondering, we just hopped ourselves on the Metro and arrived at L'Imperial with no angst whatsoever. I learned a lot about myself from yesterday's endeavors; my DH is just "stay calm"... "it's OK"... "not EVERY day can be the BEST EVER," while I'm just walking along beside him with my own personal pout face. If we were cartoon characters, I'd be the one with the rain cloud and an occasional lightening bolt, while my DH would be named "Mr. Sunshine something or other." He'd be irritating and I'd be "realistic," LOL. No, really... it wasn't that bad. I just put a LOT of pressure on myself because I'm the travel planner in the family. Anyway... moving on. I promise you; no more worries.

So, we've got to get going because we have plans for today! Just a minor distraction, because we're on the Rue de Rivoli... so a chance to see some Paris fashion!

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00892_zpsb4ce519d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00892_zpsb4ce519d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

You know... there's a law in Paris that requires a shop to put the prices of the mannequin outfits in the window. So I can tell you that you could (a) buy this outfit or (b) buy a car. For real. Unbelievable. It's interesting to see how this outfit comes together, though. Beautifully coordinated. I can also tell you that I did NOT see one single pair of ripped jeans in Paris... intentional or otherwise.

Traveling through the Tuileries... cause that's the way we roll on this day...
What's going on? It must be fairly important cause that's not a point-and-shoot camera!

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00895_zps970c3f0a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00895_zps970c3f0a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I love his jacket!

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00898_zps3428064b.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00898_zps3428064b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

All of a sudden, the entire group just takes off running! What?!? They must have seen someone, someone pretty special! It's Fashion Week after all. Such fun. You never know what you're going to see around that corner. Actually, I'm kind of oblivious to the whole thing because I, obviously, don't have any invitations. Loved watching The Devil Wears Prada, but that's as close to Fashion Week activities as I'm going to get...

We are going to the Musée de l'Orangerie. I wish that I could share some pictures with you, but there is a No Camera/No Photo Policy that is firmly in place at this museum. In San Francisco, I was able to visit a Monet Traveling Exhibit, so I had been exposed to the much larger canvases of the paintings than the size of most posters you see. On first exposure to the canvases, I was astounded by the immensity of the canvas. Nothing prepared me for the two rooms that house the water lilies collection, donated by Monet to France. Thankfully, Monet worked with an architect from the Louvre, to have the paintings installed precisely as he wished them to be viewed, and there are benches in the middle of the room that allow you to sit and gaze, for as long as you desire. We stayed here for quite a while.

This Museum is much larger than I thought; I knew that Monet's paintings were on display, but I had no idea of the enormous collection that we were able to see. Impressionist. Post-Impressionist. There was an extensive temporary exhibit of Emile Bernard, fascinating and wonderful.

I had used the website, theFork, to make lunch reservations at Le Soufflé, conveniently located in this area and an easy walk! When we arrived at the restaurant, I was a bit "taken aback" by the entrance. Here's a tip: don't judge a book by its cover or a restaurant's interior by the street view. This is a cute restaurant once you open the door!

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00904_zps54743d06.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00904_zps54743d06.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Gazing around at the wall art, it's quite a giggle... most of the paintings have to do with eggs... in one form or another. Eggs in bowls; cracked egg shells; eggs in crates. "A woman happy happy in love, she burns the soufflé. A woman unhappy in love, she forgets to turn on the oven." Go watch Audrey Hepburn in Sabrina again... or for the first time... it's a good movie! Does anyone else do that? Watch themed movies for the area they're going to visit?

We ordered off the lunch menu. Such a bargain! Two soufflés: one savory and one sweet. I knew this meal was going to be one that lasted, and we needed the nourishment. Because our afternoon into the evening was going to be spent at the Louvre. Today was one of the days of the week when the Louvre's opening hours extended until 9:45pm; I didn't think we'd stay until closing, but I knew it was going to be a long day.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9240862_zps887bc19a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9240862_zps887bc19a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9240863_zps615bebfe.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9240863_zps615bebfe.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

A lovely lady was seated next to us; she exchanged pleasantries with the waiter; she spoke to him, in French... he answered her, in English. Interesting. She pulled a book out of her travel bag: [B]Learn French in 90 Days, or Less.[/B] DH engaged her in conversation: "How is that working out for you?" She said it was so incredibly frustrating! Because she kept speaking French, but they kept speaking English. She was from New Jersey, staying in Paris for six weeks. Six weeks! Can you imagine?!? DH lost interest in conversation when this arrived...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9240864_zps5e7a47fa.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9240864_zps5e7a47fa.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Just a lovely meal. Fortified. Off to the Louvre.

OMG. It was PACKED. By now, it's the middle of the afternoon...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00935_zps3c0ab7cb.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00935_zps3c0ab7cb.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This is probably one of the most visited rooms in the Louvre, as this is where Mona Lisa lives.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00942_zpsd9ec2633.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00942_zpsd9ec2633.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

That barrier that everyone is crowding up to? That barrier separates you from the Mona Lisa. It's terribly, terribly difficult to even get close to her! Forget just standing there for a while; people are very impatient and there is a tremendous amount of shoving involved with being at the "front" of the crowd. Listen. I tried to take a picture; I kept trying. Finally, I just said, "People. Look at me. I'm deleting all these crap pictures because I keep getting shoved. I'm going to STAY HERE until I get a decent picture so STOP shoving me. You'll get my space a whole lot quicker!"... and they actually moved away from me for the six-inch space that I needed to take a decent picture. I told DH my experience and he said, "So you spoke to them in English?"... oh... yes, I did... He said, "They may not have understood what you were saying, but if you spoke to them in your 'Mama' voice like you just described to me... they got the message." Ha!

Omigosh. This is what everyone is looking at!

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00941_zps6afade49.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00941_zps6afade49.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Gosh. I love being in the Louvre. So many, many beautiful things. Amazing, fabulous things. You never know what's going to catch your eye and just leave you astonished.

I love the wine glass in this painting. It's incredible... to me.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00939_zps4d89194d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00939_zps4d89194d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The photo doesn't do this statute justice; it is so real and so life-like, that you can almost "see" the animal breathing. The photo kind of flattened out the dimensions... creating more of a flat, 2D image than the statute, itself, that has musculature and vibrancy. I visited this statute a couple of times, during the day. It's funny how certain things just capture your imagination, right?

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00912_zps27e367d1.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00912_zps27e367d1.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

As the afternoon progressed into evening, the lighting changed within the Louvre, itself. Some lights came up on the statutes and they began to cast shadows... and the whole atmosphere changed. A certain sense of calm arrived. The rooms started emptying out... and then, extraordinary... the art students arrived!

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00948_zpsbe76a58a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00948_zpsbe76a58a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00956_zpsddab7370.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00956_zpsddab7370.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I can't even describe to you how magical it was to be in the Louvre when it is emptied of crowds. At your leisure, you can wander through the galleys that contain the most extraordinary art. You can stand in front of Mona Lisa and have an extended conversation with her, if you want! You can go to the Winged Victory and view her from all angles; visit the Venus de Milo to your heart's content. Act a little goofy with no one to see!

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9240904_zps8f72df67.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9240904_zps8f72df67.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

It's a bit like having the Louvre as your private collection. Just you and a treasured piece of art in the same room... so quiet....

We stayed for a while longer than I thought we would, actually. By the time that we left... believe it or not.. we were hungry again! I had used theFork website to acquire a reservation at a restaurant, Crêperie l'Atelier, just a Metro ride away... followed by a short walk. No worries! Excellent directions!

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00968_zps5d1c3814.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00968_zps5d1c3814.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I thought it would be fun to have soufflé and crepe on the same day, in Paris! But, we were an hour late for our reservation. It wasn't very busy, so no problem. I was a bit embarassed by not making this reservation on time because the reason was of my own doing in that I just didn't want to leave the Louvre. In making my reservation, I chose an option that would have given me 30% off of the meal (believe me, every little bit helps with the expense of eating in Paris!)... but, as I said, I didn't want to say anything. The condition of the price-off offer was that you had to order an entree and a main or a main and a dessert. This brings me to an interesting point: the French menus give the name "entree" to the appetizers and "main" to what we normally think of as entrees. Just interesting.

We had a great evening. Food was really good. I forgot to take pictures! Well, I did take pictures of our empty plates, but that would be just rude to post. We had an entertaining conversation with our waiter, discussing our favorite pieces in the Louvre. After the meal, he came over and asked me if I had made the reservation through theFork... I told him that I had, but that we didn't arrive on time. He said that wasn't a problem and he applied the coupon to our check! Yes! Great ending to a great day.

Home with no issues. Tomorrow, we'll be visiting the Musée d'Orsay.

The highlight for today is the Musée d'Orsay, and we expect to spend quite a bit of time there because today is an extended hours day for this particular museum. After experiencing the quiet contemplative atmosphere of the Louvre in the evening, I can't wait to see what delights await me! But, first... breakfast.

I had read on theFork website about a great breakfast place in the specific arrondissement that we are visiting today. Excitedly, this restaurant serves breakfast ALL DAY, which is (basically) unheard of in Paris. So, with careful planning and detailed directions, we set off.

Uh oh. First misstep of the day; no, this restaurant closes down its breakfast service quite early. It does serve coffee all day, as it is basically a coffee shop. Does the proprietor have any recommendation for breakfast? No, and you will find that to be pretty common, as well. It's as if the people in one particular restaurant know absolutely nothing about the restaurant that is right next door. No worries. A step outside and a glance down the street reveals signage for a patisserie. So, off we go!

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9250925_zps77a8c565.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9250925_zps77a8c565.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

A display counter full of delicious pastries; we chose quiche (a wise choice). And, as our breakfast entertainment, I was incredibly fascinated by person-after-person, coming into the patisserie, essentially wearing just about the same thing. Remember the Parisian "look" that I showed you earlier? This look was repeated over and over and over, again. Coifed hair. Conservative gold earrings. Black cami. Black jacket. Black mid-thigh length skirt, usually an A-line. Black ballet flats. Black hose. Black handbag. Margaret, is this what you see in NYC all the time? I mean... it's a beautiful "look," but it's certainly not what I would consider "fashion forward." Again, the ladies were beautiful. OH. Conservative, neutral eye shadows. Black mascara. Red lips. Flawless skin.

First stop. Rodin Museum. An extraordinary place! We wandered around the house and grounds, to our heart's content.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00978_zps6639e10a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00978_zps6639e10a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00986_zpsed1a0ea4.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00986_zpsed1a0ea4.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9250945_zpsfc1b8646.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9250945_zpsfc1b8646.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00980_zps20c17178.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00980_zps20c17178.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

And, then.... we're off to the Highlight of the Day!

Even when you're just walking around Paris, you are in such an amazing environment.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9250949_zps683e543e.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9250949_zps683e543e.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I wish that I could show you pictures of the Musée d'Orsay, but they have a strict (yelling at you STRICT) policy about NO PICTURES. So, all I can do is show you a bit of atmosphere, like...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC00990_zps5586c6f0.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC00990_zps5586c6f0.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

DH waited and waited to get a shot of this clock, with no people in it. I kind of like the way the photograph came out... with the people.

We knew that we were going to stay here a while, so we leisurely viewed the collection. We ate in the museum's restaurant.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9250950_zps5a6d22c5.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9250950_zps5a6d22c5.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The food was tasty, but not a highlight. After lunch is when we viewed the Impressionist Gallery on the fifth floor. This is where I completely lost track of time; I wish I could describe to you how magical the interplay of light became with the impressionist paintings on display here! With the sun setting, it was like the paintings were transformed. Astonishing. And the gallery emptied out, in the same fashion as the Louvre. And the art students appeared with their folding chairs and sketch pads. Again, magical.

And, then I realized I was starving! The museum stayed open until 9:45pm! Starving!

Referring back again to theFork website where I was informed (again, wrongly) of a dinner restaurant, right down the street from the museum, where reservations were not essential. In hindsight, I should have realized that on a night when the museum is open for extended hours, that reservations were probably a good idea. We were turned away. OK. That's a third strike for theFork website: (1) the Lebanese wedding party night, (2) the restaurant that did NOT serve breakfast all day, (3) saying reservations weren't essential for the restaurant, this evening. I may have to send theFork to have a little chat with Mr. Google (if I were speaking to him again).

But, this time, I had an idea! When we had visited Paris before, we thoroughly enjoyed a meal at the Intercontinental, which has become a Westin. I know that there are people who shudder at the thought of eating in a hotel, but we have very fond memories of an excellent steak and haricot verts dinner. Plus... we knew how to get there! So, off we went.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9250956_zps5cc216b8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9250956_zps5cc216b8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This is an interior courtyard, but it's open to the elements. And, for that reason, the patrons can smoke. That's the only real negative about eating here, because the food is exceptional. Very, very delicious.

What I'd like for you to notice about this picture is way, way in the back.. behind the glass... if you can make it out... there look to be a lot of dresses. That area is the Salon Imperial. And it is currently full of dresses that are part of Fashion Week. I have searched... in vain... to try to find what designer was showing at this hotel! Guerlain was in the house! I love Guerlain mascara. Wish I had known that I could have signed up for a FREE makeover, where I would have been treated to a cosmetic genius that would have "transformed me into a beauty icon." <sigh> A place for fashionistas and beauty addicts. Doesn't it sound wonderful?!? That's a lot of coral over there... notice all that coral?!?

Tomorrow is another day. And, guess what? We are going to Versailles. And, this time? I really, really mean it!

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9260970_zps5d33536c.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9260970_zps5d33536c.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

This was, surprisingly, a very emotional day for me. Remember I shared with you the book that I had read about the child of Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette? That book was so incredibly descriptive and, as I said, full of heart rendering history, that my imagination just took flight, here at Versailles.

Getting to Versailles, by way of the RER C train, proved to be extremely easy. Like everything else in life, it becomes much easier when you know a bit about what you're doing. Just study the Metro map, and trace the Versailles train station stop back to the appropriate Metro connection, where you can get on the RER C train going in the direction you want; for us, this was the Invalides Metro station. Again, so easy. Get ourselves going with a latte-croissant and hot chocolate-pain au chocolate combo (our personal favorites), take the Esplanade la Defense Metro to Invalides Metro, BUY your RER ticket (because you're going out of the zone area for the Navajo Decouverte card... cost 6.90Euro for two tickets)... wait for the train's arrival (about 16 minutes)... head off to Versailles... about 45 minute train ride.

Historically, when the people marched on Versailles to remove the royal family from the premises, they walked the 16 miles from Paris to the palace; the historical records indicate that they began their march from a point about 2 miles from the current Invalides Metro Station. See? Already, I'm getting a bit emotional about this day!

Except that I had a really great time in the station, standing on the platform, assuring everyone that we were "doing the right thing," and that I was confident of my information. We waited for the "wrong" train to depart and waited for the "right" train to arrive. I got to have a great conversation with an Australian couple. All good.

When you arrive at the Versailles train station, everyone who works there knows exactly where you want to go. Don't worry about needing to ask anyone for directions, believe me! There are signs that do just about everything but blink at you with neon lights... there are crosswalk guards who point you in the right direction... there's the idea that everyone who rode the train is also going where you're going and they can't all be wrong, so just follow the crowd.

Here's the great thing! With a Museum Pass, you don't have to stand in a line! The only thing you must do is enter the security pavilion... exit and go have fun.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9260979_zpsc37bc705.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9260979_zpsc37bc705.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

If you know nothing about Versailles and don't want to read up on history before you visit, no worries. There is room after room after room, just full of history... from the French kings to the building of the Palace. All kinds of detail. Probably more than you thought you wanted to know... and definitely more than you can absorb and remember. The only warning I have for you is that you can't make a U-turn and return to a room that you've exited. I don't know why they care so much... but they really, really do. I got into conversation with a security guard because I just wanted to know what specific king I'd just seen in a painting; he wouldn't let me return to read the information beside the painting; finally, after a bit of an attempt, on my part, to have a conversation in French to try to ask him for the answer to my question, he gave up and told me to be "quick about it." They don't like U-turns; I'm just saying.

BTW: I'm been informed, by Anita, that my previous jacket is an EARTH jacket and belongs in her closet. OK. What about this animal print? I thought that, maybe, the print was bright "enough," but now (after seeing it in pictures) I'm wondering if... maybe... this one doesn't work either? But, I'm not sure it would be good for Anita, either... because the print does have black. What does everyone think? Advice?

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC01001_zpsd4d07405.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC01001_zpsd4d07405.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Standing in front of this chapel (we are on a level overlooking the chapel floor), is where Marie Antoinette married Louis XVI. Poor little girl. She just didn't know, did she? We can't go into the chapel itself (not part of the accessible areas for the general public) and are having to view the area from a distance, as they've erected a barricade. But, they've opened the doors so at least you can get a feeling for the chapel area.

The Queen's bed chamber...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC01044_zpsebd0396a.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC01044_zpsebd0396a.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

... it had to be large and it had to have extra seating in it because the Queen had to be observed when she gave birth... to ensure that the baby (heir apparent) was to be the rightful heir to the throne. Does anyone else have a problem with this logic? I mean... it's pretty certain who a baby's MOTHER is, right? Isn't it the FATHER that.... <ahem>... could be questionable? I don't see how witnessing the birth would put a stamp of approval on the whole "rightful heir" argument, but maybe that's just me...

Moving on. The king's bed chamber...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC01016_zps3fe42e67.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC01016_zps3fe42e67.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

... and what I know about this comes basically from the book. There are a series of rooms that can be used, discreetly, to enter and exit from the king's chambers. We got to visit one of them, situated behind the Hall of Mirrors. Apparently, if anyone caught the king's "fancy" (so to speak), there could be the arrangement of a dalliance without it becoming too obvious. When the Palace was stormed and the royal family's lives threatened, Marie Antoinette ran from her room, through the interconnecting room behind the Hall of Mirrors, to the king's bed chamber. Guards were killed in these rooms. It was a sad moment, being there. There were some instances where I did let my imagination take over...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9261018_zps492d4e2c.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9261018_zps492d4e2c.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

The Hall of Mirrors. Could it be named anything else? What an exquisite room! If you find yourself going to Versailles and you have some flexibility in dates, omigosh, try to go when they enact history and have couples, dressed in period costume, dancing to baroque music. I think that would be a memorable event! Coming forward in history, though, this room is where the Treaty of Versailles was signed between Germany and Allied powers at the end of WWI. OH! Did I neglect to mention that the glass was created by Venetian masters?

It's a beautiful room. Difficult to photograph.

Absorbing as much as we possibly could, there just comes a time when you realize that... you're starving! This just continues to happen! LOL.

There are several really nice options for eating at the Palace of Versailles. We chose one of the more exquisite options, Angelina. What we knew of Angelina is that the restaurant is best known for its hot chocolate and pastries. Does anyone sense a theme? Are you as tired of chocolate as I am? However, there is one traveler who never, ever gets tired of chocolate. So, into Angelina's we go.

I had duck confit. For the first time, for me. OMG. So, so good.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9261032_zps5bbbdc4b.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9261032_zps5bbbdc4b.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

A beautiful selection...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9261033_zps035ece7f.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9261033_zps035ece7f.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

And, I chose wisely...

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC01050_zpse21d4f65.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC01050_zpse21d4f65.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

... and fell... head over heels... seriously... in love! This is called a St. Honoré cake. Move over Catalan creme, because you've been replaced... I guess I'm fickle like that. I have never, ever tasted anything as exquisite as this; I'm a bit of a take it/leave it kind of person when it comes to dessert. I do have a few things that I prefer: Southern pecan pie, some traditional desserts at the holidays... but I don't indulge in desserts as a normal end to a meal. I would seriously have to go into some sort of addiction counseling if I lived where I could get this cake every day. I know enough about baking and pastry to understand the amount of labor that went into the making of this dessert (btw: St. Honoré is the patron saint of bakers; I think he would be proud of this creation!).... I'm just saying.

Fun Trivia Time.

The Palace of Versailles (the palace, itself) sits on 17 acres.

The Palace and gardens site is bigger than modern day Paris and the island of Manhattan.

Translation: You're not going to see everything in one day.

We saw as much as our feet would allow. I will just show you some pictures of the gardens. They are amazing, beautiful, spectacular. I can't imagine how gorgeous the landscape is during Spring. I got to see quite a bit of the garden "bones" and structure because of the lack of flowers; got to appreciate the formal French garden descriptions that I've read over the years. Here you go.

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9261057_zps7425b21e.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9261057_zps7425b21e.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9261047_zps3c5641cf.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9261047_zps3c5641cf.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/DSC01056_zps9abc503d.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/DSC01056_zps9abc503d.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9261064_zps19024ca2.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9261064_zps19024ca2.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

[URL=http://s962.photobucket.com/user/AnitaLatteMom/media/Paris%202014/P9261058_zps0d38edd8.jpg.html][IMG]http://i962.photobucket.com/albums/ae109/AnitaLatteMom/Paris%202014/P9261058_zps0d38edd8.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

They usher everybody out, pretty effectively, at closing time. Gates close. Off you go.

Tomorrow begins a weekend in Paris. We are winding down. Edited by Member123
Felt like it...

Hi, Melody. Thank you!

I am definitely a point and shoot photographer. It has been years since I've used a camera; my DH is the camera guy around here. We talked about getting me this camera because he takes pictures of things that interest him the most: monuments, cars, buildings, art work. He waits patiently for people to get out of his lens... so to speak... so he can take a shot. OMG. For me, it's more about the people! I love having the "extras" in my pictures and consider them to be "ambience" or "atmosphere." So, we are interested in different things; for me: people, flowers, plants, and more people... and food... obviously... food.

So, I looked up the camera that we purchased. It is a Sony SODSCWX350B
Cyber-shot DSC-WX350 Digital Camera (Black). Here's what I love so much about it: it's lightweight (very much so), easy to stuff into my purse, AND it has a wonderful zoom capability. Those pictures that I took of the model in front of the fountain, the brides, the guy with the Moschino jacket... were all taken with my zoom. Love my zoom.

Thank you for the compliment. It's really all about the camera. I found that I really loved some of the programmed selections more than others, but that might just be a matter of getting used to the setting. I think I'm going to have fun playing around with this camera, and I'm really happy to have it. Edited by Member123
needed to add my interest in food; LOL