Stores that carry "FIRE" season clothing

Joby

We booked our cruise :D We're going on the RC Serenade for 10 nights. We haven't cruised since January 2012.

Debbie and Linda, hope all is well with you both. Where have you been????? I miss chatting with you!

Pam, good luck with your testing. I've been thru somewhat similar testing & it's not fun.

I've attached a few pictures of our recent cruise. Did I do ok on colors?ImageUploadedByForums1427293529.196282.jpg.f9bb8410b29ca0fc3199d84e60d63562.jpg. Melody

ImageUploadedByForums1427293436.429206.jpg.a2a639218866caaa87c0e8c03738704d.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427293460.696996.jpg.9b3d4395eddfab309c5b312df4497ab5.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1427293492.386057.jpg.df50b22277d2a90f21fba398baecc121.jpg

Edited by awhfy

Hi all! I'm still here, just haven't been on lately.....lots of not so fun things going on in my life...anyway....

SPRING is finally here!!!! My crocus and tulips are coming up!!! I'm soooo excited to finally get rid of all that white stuff...we still have a few "black" piles left and hopefully by the end of next week all will be gone! And we're expecting snow later in week...but no accumulation! We've had snow on Easter several times, but it never really stayed long.

Even though I'm at work, I'm excited and in cruise mode today!!!!! Leave in 5 weeks for Bermuda and I can't wait to get out of here!:cool: DH is feeling the same way! Woohooo!!!

I have been doing some online shopping for a few things and am waiting for a few more pieces to get here. Most of what I had doesn't fit anymore and I need to replace, and it's been hard finding the right colors. I have made misses on some..Can't be helped though. I will try to get pics, but the lighting is so bad in my old house. If I don't get outfit pics, I'll at least try to get some when we're gone.

Pam, how did the doctors visit go? I sort of , kinda, know what you're going through...I'm still working hard with my nutritionist and have discovered several food allergies. Absolutely no corn of anykind, nor gluten! My mouth becomes extremely hot and I get a crappy taste that lasts for days! It feels like my gums and lips are on fire and I've eaten dog poo! No, I don't know what that tastes like, but that's the only way I can describe the horrible taste. I get a lot of looks, when I say that!:D

Anyway, hope you get some good news...and ENJOY your cruise with Anita!

Kim - Soooo excited for you and your cruise! I had looked at that one and wanted to book it (hey, we would have been on a cruise together), but we can't cruise next year. I promised DH we would "GO WEST!" so we're going to do a road trip through several states he hasn't been to yet and visit some friends and family we've been neglecting.

Unless I find a really cheap cruise between now and then, this one in May will be my last cruise for a while.

And, I feel the same way about the Radiance class ships as Pam.." but for the sheer joy of sailing, you have arrived when you step foot on a Radiance Class ship"

You never feel crowded, the ocean is visable just about everywhere!

We have never had a "bad" meal, some were better than others. Never went hungry either. The breads are wonderful as are their cold soups! I do miss them! but DH gets my share! I haven't had problems with the gluten free, sugar free, dairy free menu either. They are so accomodating it's funny.

Oh, wouldn't it be fun to just get us all together on a cruise somewhere?

Debbie, are you ok?

Awhfy- so nice to see your posts and pics! You always look so relaxed and happy!!

Gotta go now, but will be back soon...work calls....:D

Edited by snuggles

Linda,

So good to hear from you! I wish we could be cruising together, wouldn't that be fun! It will be our first cruise in almost 4 years. Africa put a big dent in our travelling but, it was oh so worth it!!!! Wouldn't change it for anything.

I hope you'll post when you get your new things--good lighting or not.

Want to hear all about Bermuda--it's on my "list" to go to also :D

Kim

Since I've had to spend tons of money lately... repairs to sewer line in basement which led to DH finally putting in a bathroom down there..nothing special, just john, tiny shower stall and enclosure. Sink is outside of the bath next to washer and dryer...new computers-1 laptop for me and all in one for DH (since they're windows 8.1 I'm having an awful time with this website and learning 8.1.. that's one of the reasons I haven't been posting..only from work can I get to this thread.. Will see if this really posts or not.. You won't believe what I had to do to get here! Frustratin!!!!):eek:...eye surgery...doctor bills... new bath room this summer upstairs...our cruise next month...new clothes...and several other odds and ends I don't know when I'll get to cruise again..I sooooo love cruising!!!:D It would be so nice if I had that money tree in my backyard!:cool:

This will be our second time in Bermuda and we get to overnight 2 nights. I can't wait, no hurried excursions! :D

:D:DAnd guess what I just did this afternoon when I went home for lunch? Really stupid!!!! I was putting my drops in my left eye and my right eye was feeling scratchy, so I decided to put in some artifical tears.....except.....you got it...I picked up the wrong bottle....I put contact cleaner in!!!!:eek::mad: OMG is my eye on fire!!! I had trouble getting my contact out, but managed and immediately flushed out the eye with cool water and then used my eyecup to flush it some more....well let me tell you...that sucker is still smarting 2 hours later!!!! AND I'm at work!!!! Can't see worth a hoot, but I'm here and if there are typos...oh well.... Talk about raining!!!! It's a downright downpour!!!!:rolleyes:

May 8th can't come soon enough!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Sitting here feeling lonely and cold. :eek:Snowed today....Big gigantic flakes that were really cool to see against all the green grass. :cool:Digging the flanel out!

2 more weeks and there better be a heat wave or this ole gal will probably burn the boat!:D

Sitting here feeling lonely and cold. :eek:Snowed today....Big gigantic flakes that were really cool to see against all the green grass. :cool:Digging the flanel out!

2 more weeks and there better be a heat wave or this ole gal will probably burn the boat!:D

It has been cold here too, we had a freeze warning last night :(

Have a wonderful uplifting cruise, Linda. Not to forget my famous line--you will be posting a pictodiary, won't you?????:D

I HEAR YA!! last week I got to lay out back in my 'kini for a couple hours and pretend I was on a carribean beach, TODAY was a blizzard all day on and off!! UGH!!!!!

Welcome to the FIRE thread.

• 2 weeks later...

I’m baaaack! I didn’t fall off the face of the earth or have anything bad happen to me. I’ve just had life a happening here in Kentucky. My mom was diagnosed with heart trouble and I’ve been worried like heck about her, but everything is really ok. I have no excuse other than I’ve been trying to purchase less and have no vacation plans to talk about, so I’ve been AWOL from reading here since February. I caught up on this thread and read everything on the EARTH thread before thinking about my post. Wow! Those EARTH ladies are really rocking it.

I almost feel guilty about my latest adventure, but in the interest of full disclosure to my bestest buddies here, I’ll let you all know the reason that I haven’t been reading here lately. It’s because I’ve been spending my spare reading time learning about 12 season coloring. The idea behind 12 seasons of color is that each season is broken down into three. If your color palate leans toward the season before or after, you are not a true season but a neutral season. Most of you know that I’ve never been able to see my best colors. I did get fairly good at picking out FIRE colors, but some just didn’t feel right. I knew they weren’t neon ICE, but those bright and clear colors just didn’t work like I thought they should. I had very few moments of AHHH—like when I put on my light coral scarf at the campground last summer. The right ivory/off white/light cream color was great. I bought a LOT of FIRE red during the past year and what should have been wonderful near my face just wasn’t. I began reading a blog called 12blueprints and learned soooo much. After getting myself to a person that knew much more about color than I did, I came away with knowledge that I am a Light Spring and I have a color wheel of gorgeous light FIRE colors to play with. I am so happy. Because Anita, Kim and Pam helped me with my scarves, I know this is finally right for me. Every single scarf that you ladies picked for me, Cate also approved. My FIRE colors lean just a little to the summer. Think sherbet and Easter egg colors. Those are my FIRE colors now. Like the EARTH ladies have been talking about how to make their summer clothes not look like fall clothes, I’m thinking ahead to fall and winter and how I will make my light colors look ok for cold weather.

I would love to see Pam’s thoughts about their cruises when she returns. Since I had to cancel my January cruise and it sounded like Margaret had the same itinerary we were going to have, I’d love to travel vicariously a little more. Hint. Hint.

Sounds like Anita has been working hard on your material, Kim. Will you be able to show us something soon?

Linda, I would like so much to say I have been losing inches and sizes, but that is not the case. Keep up the good work. I hope to see your happy face in a pictodiary soon. Have a great cruise!

I see some new names have chimed in since I've been gone. Hi, y'all! I'm Debbie. Good to meet ya.

OMG!Debbie you have been a loop missed! I'm so glad you are ok and things are looking up for you. I've sorta been rethinking my colors also. I get so confused sometimes it's frustrating. I'll try to dictionary my trip for y'all, but just know it ain't gonna be pretty! :D:eek:

OMG!Debbie you have been soooo missed! I'm so glad you are ok and things are looking up for you. I've sorta been rethinking my colors also. I get so confused sometimes it's frustrating. I'll try to dictionary my trip for y'all, but just know it ain't gonna be pretty! :D:eek:

DEBBIE, yes all caps :) I've missed you!

I'm sorry to hear about your Mom. Prayers for her.

So glad to hear from you. I think of you often and hoped all was wel Interesting new color ideas you have posted.

Yes, Anita finished my 2 skirts and 3 headbands :) I love them all. I'll post photos now that she will be home from her cruise.

For summer-we're going to Cozumel to dive and in February we're going on a cruise ( our first in 4 years). We're excited!

I wish we could all get together again this summer. I'm up for it, anyone else????? Remember the fun we had last summer? Say "hi" to your DB and DSIL. What a hoot they were!

Don't be a stranger :)

I wish we could all get together again this summer. I'm up for it, anyone else????? Remember the fun we had last summer? Say "hi" to your DB and DSIL. What a hoot they were!

Don't be a stranger :)

I would love to get together again this summer! I can meet whenever and wherever. I had originally thought that if you and Anita were going to meet IRL with the finished African material items, we could manage a weekend getaway at some half-way point and that would still be fine as far as I'm concerned. Of course, everyone is always welcome at the campsite with us but I feel like I'm getting the unfair advantage two years in a row. Is anyone else interested? EARTH ladies?

I would love to see everyone URL! Unfortunately I don't have space for everyone here. I'd be willing to go wherever.

Bags are packed! Leave in the am at 6 to head to Baltimore. Hope the storm on the coast cooperates with us.....really don't care if we leave the port.....JUST WANT TO GET ON GRANDEUR!!!! Will catch up with you all when I return well rested and after my surgery in 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Sorry, I've had a lot on my plate since I got back. Mom had a stroke early Sat am. I've been running to hospital and work and home and Moms house. I'm exhausted! My cataract surgery is scheduled for early tomorrow am, so I'll be out of commission for few days.

Cruise was great! Will post later when I'm able to see.

Hi all! Sorry, I've had a lot on my plate since I got back. Mom had a stroke early Sat am. I've been running to hospital and work and home and Moms house. I'm exhausted! My cataract surgery is scheduled for early tomorrow am, so I'll be out of commission for few days.

Cruise was great! Will post later when I'm able to see.

Hi Linda,

Prayers out for both your Mom and you. Hope your Mom heals and your surgery goes well.

Glad you had a good cruise--excited to hear all about it.