Cruising from Cozumel?

Jess777

Me and my DH wanted to do a land and a sea vacation but without too much flying. My thought was to spend a week in Cancun and board in Cozumel and either fly back from Cancun or Florida airport to Los Angeles where we are from. I really hope this is possible, I would like to know if anyone has ever done something like this. I have been searching the web for a bit and cant find a cruisetour that matches what I am looking for. I would really appreciate any help or advise.

If you had a cruise from a florida port doing western, you might be able to board in Cozumel and cruise back to florida .. I would ask first though to make sure its ok with Carnival. (you know like some who missed the ship and had to catch up with it at the first port .. you would just board in Cozumel)

Cancun is on the other side of Mexico from Cozumel and I dont believe there could be a ship doing both ports, so those cant be combined.

If you had a cruise from a florida port doing western, you might be able to board in Cozumel and cruise back to florida .. I would ask first though to make sure its ok with Carnival.

Cancun is on the other side of Mexico from Cozumel and I dont believe there could be a ship doing both ports, so those cant be combined.

I think you may be mistaken.. You can take a 45 minute ferry ride from Cancun to Cozumel, I did it in May when I was at an AI in Cancun. Maybe you didn't mean Cancun?

If you had a cruise from a florida port doing western, you might be able to board in Cozumel and cruise back to florida .. I would ask first though to make sure its ok with Carnival. (you know like some who missed the ship and had to catch up with it at the first port .. you would just board in Cozumel)

Cancun is on the same side of Mexico as Cozumel. We are stopping in Calica and going to Cancun for the day before our Cozumel stop in November.

I think you may be mistaken.. You can take a 45 minute ferry ride from Cancun to Cozumel, I did it in May when I was at an AI in Cancun. Maybe you didn't mean Cancun?

I was trying to say I wasnt sure. I flew to Cancun and stayed a weekend with some friends, but never cruised there.

Thanks for how far it is. So, they could get between them and catch a cruise going back to Florida perhaps?

Im sure someone will step in here and tell me about the Jones Act, so it might not work .. just tossing out ideas.

I was trying to say I wasnt sure. I flew to Cancun and stayed a weekend with some friends, but never cruised there.

Thanks for how far it is. So, they could get between them and catch a cruise going back to Florida perhaps?

Im sure someone will step in here and tell me about the Jones Act, so it might not work .. just tossing out ideas.

Easily, the ferry is 30-45 minutes and is cheap, Like US$15 I think. As long as Carnival allows it. Personally I wouldn't want to pay for a whole cruise and miss the first several days. And it seems like most Carnival itineraries go to Cozumel last, at least mine next month does and the last one I was on to the Western too.

Me and my DH wanted to do a land and a sea vacation but without too much flying. My thought was to spend a week in Cancun and board in Cozumel and either fly back from Cancun or Florida airport to Los Angeles where we are from. I really hope this is possible, I would like to know if anyone has ever done something like this. I have been searching the web for a bit and cant find a cruisetour that matches what I am looking for. I would really appreciate any help or advise.

Also, I would definitely recommend staying in Cozumel over Cancun. I have done both, most recently Cancun and it was not very good. Beaches were not very good, seaweed covering the the sand. And it is VERY Americanized and VERY expensive. I love Cozumel though.

Thank you all for your quick replies. I have been to Cozumel many times and it just depends on the itinerary you take some ship make this your first stop and some the last. I but if its the first I maybe losing a sea day on the ship as one of the CC members reminded me. I was on a resent cruise on the Carnival Libery eastern caribbean cruise and we picked-up a passenger from St. Thomas who has just started her cruise. I overheard her say so on the elevator to another passenger. Unfortuently, I got off the elevator before she did and didnt hear the rest. Well thanks again.

Time to get a new map of Mexico. Cancun is a 40 minute ferry ride and then a 45 minute bus ride from Cozumel. Maybe you were thinking of Acapulco.

From what I have read before, Carnival does allow one to board partway through a cruise, but you have to pay for the full cruise. Call 1-800-CARNIVA and ask.

It's definitely possible. Like others have said, you'll still have to pay full price for the whole cruise. But if you're okay with that, clear it through Carnival, and you're on your way. There are some cruises that stop in Cozumel first. That was the case with my last cruise on the Dream. It was Day 3 on the 7-day cruise. And she is an amazing ship! You'd basically be getting a 5-day cruise (for the price of a 7-day) with 4 ports, counting Cozumel. So when getting off the cruise at Port Canaveral, you'd just have to catch a shuttle to one of the airports. Most fly from Orlando, but there's another one that some use, which I think is south of Port Canaveral.

Archived