Use of cabin fridges

mncmom

Please be aware that, on most ships, there are "chill chests" and not refrigerators. That means they keep things COOL not necessarily cold. If you need to keep things cold ask your steward for ice and either take a small collapsable (sp sorry) cooler to keep your things and ice in.

On our last (and first cruise) was on NCL, I had the steward remove everything from the refrigerator. I did this mostly because I didnt want to mistakenly charged for anything nor did I want the temptation to use any of their expensive stuff! Later in the cruise we did buy a couple of one liter diet coke bottles in Canada and kept it in the fridge. We leave on Cruise #2 next week and the first thing Im doing is having that fridge emptied out by the steward!

Raechelle

I remove all their goodies and put them in a cabinet in the stateroom. I inform the stateroom attendant that I have done it and where the goodies are now located. At the end of the cruise I put everything back in the "refrigerator" and have never had a problem. It is easier for me to do it than wait for the attendant to do it. I second the idea that the "refrigerator" is more like a box to keep things cool (60F for instance) and certainly not cold.

Cruising on HAL's Oosterdam to Alaska -

Can you take out the 'stocked' refrigerator items, ask your steward not to restock, and use it for your own sodas, etc.?

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

Oosterdam -- great ship.

On HAL you are best to ask your cabin steward to remove the items from your mini-refrigerator. He in turn should tell the wine steward who comes around each morning to see what needs replaced and to drop off a bill if any of HAL's items are used. You don't want to end up getting charged for everything.

Check your shipboard account on day 3 or 4 to make certain that there weren't any slip-ups and you aren't charged for all the items.

Archived