New Princess stage show...

RickEk

Does anyone have a complete list of all of Princess' production shows? After four sailings in the past two years I think I've seen them all -- it's actually contributed to Princess fatigue in my group such that we're going to try another line next time. But I'm curious if there are any productions left to see other than the new ones they're rolling out now.

Off the top of my head, I can remember the following:

- Do You Want To Dance

- Motor City

- Piano Man

- Caribbean Caliente

- It's A Swell Party

- the world destinations one (ending on the moon)

- the one that's a medley of top-selling artists (they introduce each one)

Does anyone have a complete list of all of Princess' production shows? After four sailings in the past two years I think I've seen them all -- it's actually contributed to Princess fatigue in my group such that we're going to try another line next time. But I'm curious if there are any productions left to see other than the new ones they're rolling out now.

Off the top of my head, I can remember the following:

- Do You Want To Dance

- Motor City

- Piano Man

- Caribbean Caliente

- It's A Swell Party (Is there any one still alive from that era to remember those songs? ZZZZzzzzzzzz :D)

- the world destinations one (ending on the moon)

- the one that's a medley of top-selling artists (they introduce each one)

The old timers that don't wish to see them only say that because they've been running the same old shows for years & years. After seeing then 6, 7 or 8 times no matter how good they are there becomes a point which enough is enough and even a comedian in one of the other lounges sounds good.

I agree completely. Motor City is a great show, the first 4 times you see it. ;)

Others from the Ruby are:

Broadway Ballroom

Once Upon a Dream (a big thumbs down on this one - too avant-garde for me :D)

I agree completely. Motor City is a great show, the first 4 times you see it. ;)

Others from the Ruby are:

Broadway Ballroom

Once Upon a Dream (a big thumbs down on this one - too avant-garde for me :D)

And I thought Once Upon A dream was a great production. I'm still not tired of that one but it's only offered on the Ruby.

Recently got off the Crown and the four production shows were:

Motor City

Destination Anywhere - shown over 2 nights

Shake Rattle and Roll - shown over 2 nights

What a Swell Party

I was on the Crown this time last year (10 day New England / Canada itinerary) and those were the same shows they had then, minus Shake Rattle and Roll, I think (which one is that?). I guess the only productions I haven't seen then are this brand new one, the two newer ones on Ruby, and possibly the above SR&R.

I actually liked Swell Party (I'm not exactly a Cole Porter fan, but I do know the music from countless shows and movies) but once was enough. :p Mind you it was one of several shows I saw on my first Princess cruise (Emerald, 12 day Grand Mediterranean), when everything was still new. ;)

Unfortunately that experience spoiled me for what to expect from Princess entertainment-wise, because we got a different show every day (alternating between productions and live guest artists) with no two-day repeats, just an early & late show. Since then every cruise has had fewer shows spread across more days, with the worst being a B2B I did where the entertainment was repeated the 2nd week. :(

Yes, I've seen it. I was on the Grand from August 21st to September 5th and it was performed on the last two nights. The cruise director commented that it was the first week and two ships were premiering it.

Honestly? It was FABULOUS!!! Some of the entertainment that fortnight wasn't brilliant (although we still enjoyed it!) but this more than made up for it. It was just simply tremendous! We are regular theatre goers and this was easily as good as if not better than some of the West End shows in London.

Val

Hmmmm, that's interesting. We were on the Grand July 24th-Aug7th and they told us that they were premiering it for the first time on our sailing. Do they takes us for fools?

:eek:

A few years ago we got to see a Beatles imitation group on our Princess cruise (I can't remember which ship!! sorry!) It was fantastic. They had the entire theatre up on their feet having a good time. I wish they would bring it back.

Did any of you see that??

Emerald in August there was a show called Boogie Shoes..(I think this was the name) I agree b2b cruises with the repeated shows are rather a bummer, especially since Princess is now repeating the same show often up to 4times on a 7 day cruise.. the other entertainers are also repeating the same shows up to 4 times..leaves many nights with very few choices..one night there was a rerun movie in the Princess Theatre (prime time) one evening nothing in the theatre..I'd never been on a Princess cruise were there was no real entertainment in the Princess Theatre...really disapointing..:(

In many cases, the number of shows you see on a cruise is a combination of the way the Cruise Director schedules things and the number of shows the cast knows (and there are sets for).

I was on a ten day Princess cruise last year during which there were four production shows. The CD told me that he likes to keep the entertainers busy for their pay.

I have also been on ten day cruises when there were only two production shows.

I have been on some Princess ships where the CD rations the shows to only be on formal evenings.

So happy to hear new shows are coming...we are sailing on Crown end of Nov and

can't stand the thought of Motor City or Piano Man one more time. We usually cruise

Princess 2x a year and we are really tired of the entertainment...Anyone know what

has happened to Eric Stone...Piano player and entertainer we have seen before and

enjoyed..but have not seen him in recent years on Princess.

Archived