New Princess stage show...

RickEk

I was on the Sapphire last week and said at the time that Princess must get new shows. I think they are going to lose the entertainment war with all the great shows on RC and NCL. This one does look good. Any idea which ship?

Yes, I've seen it. I was on the Grand from August 21st to September 5th and it was performed on the last two nights. The cruise director commented that it was the first week and two ships were premiering it.

Honestly? It was FABULOUS!!! Some of the entertainment that fortnight wasn't brilliant (although we still enjoyed it!) but this more than made up for it. It was just simply tremendous! We are regular theatre goers and this was easily as good as if not better than some of the West End shows in London.

Val

Has anyone seen this show yet? It'll be nice to see something new... :)

The pictures make it seem to be a good show. Hopefully it will be offered on the Sapphire in February and on the Ruby next October.....:):):)

Last year on the Ruby they had a show called Stardust that they said was in it's premiere season.

Bob

I was on the Emerald in June and they had a great new show called Boogie Shoes. We liked it so much we went twice.

I can't sit throuh another performance of Motor City but I still enjoy Calypso Caliente. The only show I hated and will never sit through again was the futuristic Alice in Wonderland thing on the Ruby with all the special effects. Just not my thing.

I really enjoy the comedians. Especially Tony Daro. I have never laughed so hard in my life. I only saw him once on the CB in Oct 08. Is he on any Princess ships now? I also like Kevin Hughes. The thing I could do without are the hypnotists.

Although I haven't seen it, my son's in entertainment on the Coral and he talked to some dancers who are rehearsing/practicing it. He said that the dancers are really enthusiastic about it. I'm not sure when/where it will be begun-I'll ask him next time I talk to him. However, he's incommunicado until October 6th. I'm pretty sure it will debut on the Golden and/or the Coral, but I'll get the details for sure.

We will be on the Crown Princess in November. Does anyone know which shows are playing? The two best I have seen have been the Cirque de Soil Show on NCL and "Ticket to Ride" on Carnival. I love seeing the production numbers..I was in Drama Club in College ( a prop painter) and know how much effort and skill it takes to put them on.

And I know I must be slow...but I am still grappling with the question of...On the First Night at sea...embarktation Day...Is there a seafood buffet served in the night casual restarant? . We always eat in the Dining Room..and have early dining..but...fried seafood is a truly guilty pleasure. And I am thinking Fried Shrimp. Do they serve that on the first night?

And of course, I am dieting like mad now...to lose weight before I get on the ship...so I can look "good" in the photos. Logical..NOT!

We will be on the Crown Princess in November. Does anyone know which shows are playing? The two best I have seen have been the Cirque de Soil Show on NCL and "Ticket to Ride" on Carnival. I love seeing the production numbers..I was in Drama Club in College ( a prop painter) and know how much effort and skill it takes to put them on.

And I know I must be slow...but I am still grappling with the question of...On the First Night at sea...embarktation Day...Is there a seafood buffet served in the night casual restarant? . We always eat in the Dining Room..and have early dining..but...fried seafood is a truly guilty pleasure. And I am thinking Fried Shrimp. Do they serve that on the first night?

And of course, I am dieting like mad now...to lose weight before I get on the ship...so I can look "good" in the photos. Logical..NOT!

Since you haven't see the Princess productions shows before I'm sure you'll enjoy most of them. The old timers that don't wish to see them only say that because they've been running the same old shows for years & years. After seeing then 6, 7 or 8 times no matter how good they are there becomes a point which enough is enough and even a comedian in one of the other lounges sounds good.

The seafood sailaway buffet you're heard about is no longer. There have been a few ships that still have it but the Crown, from what I've read, isn't one of them. You might find shrimp of some kind at the buffet from time to time & definitely shrinp cocktail in the dining room every night. Occasionally a few hot shrimp dishes are served in the DR.

Princess has about seven production shows of which two to four are done on each of the various ships.

The sings/dancers on a ship have trained together and know the shows that will be on the ship they are assigned to.

I suspect that any new show will rotate onto a new ship at the same time there is a change in the group of singers/dancers assigned to that ship.

Archived