Platinum member question.

zebra

[quote name='Pam in CA']IMHO, there are a couple of reasons. One is that it ends at 7pm, too early for late Traditional diners to attend. With dinner at 8:15pm, there's no way I'm going to start drinking at 6:30pm or so. The other reason is what's offered. On our Coral cruise in January, there was something special every night. A card in your cabin (if you got one, which I didn't) let you know ahead of time. The special goodies every night were enough to attract us. On our recent Crown cruise, the offerings were totally blah (veggies and ranch dressing, the same cheese and crackers every night, etc.) Very unappealing and not enticing to go up to Skywalkers instead of our favorite, the Adagio Lounge. No shrimp, nothing special, no reason to go. Oh, and no card.[/quote]

[SIZE=4]If I could just add to Pam's thoughts, we haven't attended one as we usually have an early seating in TD and it just seems like a bother to go all the way to Skywalkers for a drink then go down for dinner at 5:45. Would a 4:30 or 4:45 start time get us there....it might.[/SIZE]

[quote name='wizard-of-roz'][COLOR=indigo][B]There is only so much you can eat in at any one time......I'm not a "small" person, by any means. But, to eat to the point that you can't breathe is not much fun![/B][/COLOR][/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]That's why I doubt if we'll be sampling any of the food in Skywalkers prior to eating at Sabatini's although we'll probably buy a drink to carry to dinner. :D It sounds like the appetizers they serve are the same old ones they push at the Captains party anyway.[/FONT]

The official policy is that friends/family are allowed to join you in the priority lounge/line up (or at least that's how I read it). I'd bring that page from the Captains Circle member benefits section on the Princess website.

Practically speaking on our recent FLL Emerald cruise, the pre-boarding 'lounge' area was completely packed by the time 11:30 came around and they started checking us in. We were by ourselves but I can imagine there would have been challenges allowing friends/family to accompany us.

On one of our cruises out of S.J. there wasn't room for elite/platinum in the very small room let alone any guests.

As far as the debarkation lounge, another couple was traveling with us and they wouldn't let them in, so we didn't go in either.

So, I say unless the travel companions are in the same cabin, then the elite/platinum benefits should not apply to them.

We're new Platinum members cruising out of FLL in March. How does the priority check in/boarding work? If we get there way early do we get a card securing our position in line and giving us a priority over other Platinum members who show up later? We'll be charging up to Sanctuary so boarding quickly is important to us.

[quote name='LoriPhil']We're new Platinum members cruising out of FLL in March. How does the priority check in/boarding work? If we get there way early do we get a card securing our position in line and giving us a priority over other Platinum members who show up later? We'll be charging up to Sanctuary so boarding quickly is important to us.[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]The priority boarding lets you sit in a waiting section in the terminal up front & they are called first to go to the check in desks. At that point, from that group, they called the Elite with higher number of cruises first to proceed to the check in desks & every one in the group seemed to jump to at once regardless of who they were. After the check in desk you'll be seated in the upper level according to the order you processed & wait until they call for boarding. [/FONT]

[quote name='1 HappyCruiser'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The priority boarding lets you sit in a waiting section in the terminal up front & they are called first to go to the check in desks. At that point, from that group, they called the Elite with higher number of cruises first to proceed to the check in desks & every one in the group seemed to jump to at once regardless of who they were. After the check in desk you'll be seated in the upper level according to the order you processed & wait until they call for boarding. [/FONT][/quote]

How do the suite pasengers fit in?

[quote name='1 HappyCruiser'][FONT=Comic Sans MS]The priority boarding lets you sit in a waiting section in the terminal up front & they are called first to go to the check in desks. At that point, from that group, they called the Elite with higher number of cruises first to proceed to the check in desks & every one in the group seemed to jump to at once regardless of who they were. After the check in desk you'll be seated in the upper level according to the order you processed & wait until they call for boarding. [/FONT][/quote]

I'm assuming this is the way it works for passengers who arrive early. What if you arrive about 12:30 - 1:00? Is there even a line at that point?

[quote name='vmom']I'm assuming this is the way it works for passengers who arrive early. What if you arrive about 12:30 - 1:00? Is there even a line at that point?[/QUOTE]
It will depend on the port, the ship and when boarding begins, but there will probably be a line then

[quote name='vmom']I'm assuming this is the way it works for passengers who arrive early. What if you arrive about 12:30 - 1:00? Is there even a line at that point?[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]We've never arrived after 12 noon but I suppose the line might be longer at that time & the priority line would probably be faster. I doubt if they'll be seating anyone in the terminal waiting to check in. They probably just go in the terminal & get on the lines to the check in decks. Most of the time when arriving early the priority check in deck is to no advantage and we just look for the shortest one. The Princess terminal Ft Lauderdale is very quick no matter what time you get there. [/FONT]

[quote name='compozer']How do the suite pasengers fit in?[/quote]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I don't really know but probably there called along with the Elite passengers. I don't recall them calling for suite passengers separately. [/FONT]

[quote name='Clutterlady']Just a comment on the Elite, Suite and Platinum lounge....on our 9/4 seven day cruise they held it 5 out of 7 days. We only attended twice and we usually got there between 5:30 and 6:00. We only saw about 6 couples at that time. They did have the veggie and assorted cheese plate both times. They also had specials that included fresh made guacamole with tortilla chips, beef steak tartare, smoked salmon, melted raclette cheese and herb marinated goat cheese. They also offered special $2.99 cocktails. I thought it was very nice. Too bad more people didn't attend!![/quote]

I agree totally, especially at sail-away times. It's very nice. Only a small area is reserved and I'm [B]glad [/B]it's not jam-packed. The special price cocktails are nice too. Sure hope Princess continues offering this benefit to it's loyal customers.

Archived